• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"MICHAEL JACKSON BELONGS TO US!!!!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Don't know if people have heard or seen it, but during the BET awards, Jamie Foxx was paying tribute to Michael Jackson in some form of a speech.

Foxx on Michael Jackson: "We want to celebrate this black man. This black man. He belongs to us and we shared him with everyone else.”

I know I shouldn't, but this feels very offensive to me. How childish are people still nowadays about skin color and whatnot? Yes white people did TERRIBLE things in the past that can and should never be denied. It's something we should always learn in school and discuss on that matter.

But why do people like Foxx still feel the need to kind of stimulate the racial segregation?

Also, we 'shared him'?? Excuse me, but since when is a human being an object that you can share whenever you please? What the fcuk?!

I actually liked this guy a lot, until this quote came up. Someone's true colors come shining through. And I don't mean that in THAT way. :23:

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It sounds to me like MJ was a slave or something.

~Sora?Kairi~

It was just a joke. I can understand how it can feel kind of offensive, but it's the fucking BET awards. What do you expect? Predominantly a black station, so don't get all freaked when you see a slight racial slip-up, whether it's intentional or not. When he said shared, he just meant the appearance of Michael. Not like, actual ownage rights. Basically, he was saying that Michael was always black, but we shared him with you when his appearance changed. It was kind of a reality check type of thing.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I really hate how he says that black man. Twice. (though he probably did it that since MJ bleached his skin white, but really, it doesn't matter if he's black or white)
And it sounds like he's implying MJ is our bitch.

But it really doesn't bother/offend me that much.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
It was just a joke. I can understand how it can feel kind of offensive, but it's the fucking BET awards. What do you expect? Predominantly a black station, so don't get all freaked when you see a slight racial slip-up, whether it's intentional or not. When he said shared, he just meant the appearance of Michael. Not like, actual ownage rights. Basically, he was saying that Michael was always black, but we shared him with you when his appearance changed. It was kind of a reality check type of thing.
It didn't sound like that when I saw it on TV.

Funny thing is, I was watching it with a smile on my face, because I thought "Awesome, all these tributes for the King of Pop." (watching this objective, maybe even subjective in favor of Foxx) and then he started mouthing this crap, and my smile changed into a frown.
Point is, the way he said it, it didn't sound like a joke to me at all. At least, the way you explain it, it didn't feel that way to me. You could be right, and then it'd be funny, but I didn't feel that.

Especially when the whole audience got up and started clapping "Yeah yeah, he's black, he's ours!!"

I was like -> :53: "are these guys for real???"

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I hate when black people use the term us. Because alot of "us" do the dumbest "shit". No one wants to hear Jamie Foxx's corny ass. This is why I like to be an independent black person. >.<

~Sora?Kairi~

It didn't sound like that when I saw it on TV.

Funny thing is, I was watching it with a smile on my face, because I thought "Awesome, all these tributes for the King of Pop." (watching this objective, maybe even subjective in favor of Foxx) and then he started mouthing this crap, and my smile changed into a frown.
Point is, the way he said it, it didn't sound like a joke to me at all. At least, the way you explain it, it didn't feel that way to me. You could be right, and then it'd be funny, but I didn't feel that.

Especially when the whole audience got up and started clapping "Yeah yeah, he's black, he's ours!!"

I was like -> :53: "are these guys for real???"

Lol, don't get me wrong. Like, depending on how you interpret it, it can sound really bad. And him saying black twice really had no meaning. But you should just disregard the statement. What's done is done, and nothing can be done about it. Jamie Foxx was really annoying in this though. Like, he was advertising his tour every other appearance on stage, but it's whatever. All and all, I loved the award show.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;&#477;&#633;nl&#305;&#592;&#607;
This really pisses me off, he was a human being, you share what feelings his music brings, not the man himself

Awards
You know that if a white person said something like this, he or she would be fucked.

Yes, we've established that this would indeed be the case with any number of questionable comments made by minorities. Sometimes double standards are necessary.

I'm all against taking pride in something as arbitrary as a person's race, but that is not what bothers me. Even in the context of the black entertainment awards, it was just a dumb thing to say. Offensive, no. But dumb.

More than anything else, it bothers me how death turned a pedophilic freak into a national hero literally overnight, and now I guess we're going to be fighting a culture war over who he belongs to.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
~Sora×Kairi~;4114513 said:
Lol, don't get me wrong. Like, depending on how you interpret it, it can sound really bad. And him saying black twice really had no meaning. But you should just disregard the statement. What's done is done, and nothing can be done about it. Jamie Foxx was really annoying in this though. Like, he was advertising his tour every other appearance on stage, but it's whatever. All and all, I loved the award show.
It was just a statement and it is done, but the thing is, this is a big issue.

Racial segregation. We can long for others to stimulate racial equality, but we have to do it ourselves too. Statements like these don't help stimulate this equality. If people (Foxx would too) want to end discrimination, they shouldn't make a difference in skin color themselves either.

Also, on your previous quote, with that racial joke hickup? Imagine one making a racial joke at an "Only White People Awards Show". I don't think it would be tolerated. Obviously there's a difference in that black people were oppressed, but the thing is, it's the same problem nonetheless.

We shouldn't forget the past, but we shouldn't live on the past either.

More than anything else, it bothers me how death turned a pedophilic freak into a national hero literally overnight, and now I guess we're going to be fighting a culture war over who he belongs to.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back