• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MGS4 trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Snake's age really isn't relevant- he just ages prematurely.
The widely accepted theory is that genes age; which means that Solid had genes the same age as the genes of Big Boss at the time of the Les Enfantes Terrible project.
So, if Big Boss was XX years old at the time of cloning, that means Snake had XX years shaved off' his lifespan before he was even born.

Lord_Sloth

1972=Age 0

2001=Age 29 and retired? Nay. The "Les Infant Terribles" (The Terrible Children) project ENDED in 1972. That doesn't mean that Snake was "born" in 1972. That just means that none were made after that.

2010=Age 38. He looked like he was in his mid 40's to me.

The widely accepted theory is that genes age; which means that Solid had genes the same age as the genes of Big Boss at the time of the Les Enfantes Terrible project.
So, if Big Boss was XX years old at the time of cloning, that means Snake had XX years shaved off' his lifespan before he was even born.

Big Boss was close to 40 in Snake Eater which was before Solid and them were created. That would mean Snake would live to be no older than 50. And I'm giving him a few years.

This next game takes place further in the future...Wait. Raiden still has a baby. That means this game couldn't take place more than 2 years after MGS2...Unless Raiden and Rose (shudders) had another kid. Hmm. Only time will tell.

I HATE WAITING!!!

On the plus side when MGS3 Subsistence launches I'll get to beat the original Metal Gear games.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Well I have played the series, but never beat them. I was wondering if Snake became "big boss" after Snake Eater and then died on the ship in the second one? What was the deal with Twin Snakes? And was Raiden also trained by Snake?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Zero Rider said:
Well I have played the series, but never beat them. I was wondering if Snake became "big boss" after Snake Eater and then died on the ship in the second one? What was the deal with Twin Snakes? And was Raiden also trained by Snake?

Naked Snake became Big Boss after killing the Boss in Snake Eater. Solid Snake, his clone, killed him in Metal Gear 2 (not Metal Gear Solid 2, mind). Solid Snake encountered his twin, Liquid Snake, who was also a clone of Big Boss, in MGS/The Twin Snakes. Solid Snake officially died on the tanker in MGS2, but actually survived, donning the guise if Iriqouis Pliskin while working with Raiden on the Big Shell. Raiden wasn't trained by Solid Snake, but was trained by others to become Snake. The Big Shell incident was engineered to present Raiden with obstacles similar to the ones Solid Snake encountered on Shadow Moses Island, in MGS/The Twin Snakes.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
LordMune said:

...and let's not forget about FoxDie.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Square Ninja said:
...and let's not forget about FoxDie.

Bah, Snake was only a carrier, and even if it did infect him he'd be long dead by the time of MGS4...

Lord_Sloth

LordMune said:
Naked Snake became Big Boss after killing the Boss in Snake Eater. Solid Snake, his clone, killed him in Metal Gear 2 (not Metal Gear Solid 2, mind). Solid Snake encountered his twin, Liquid Snake, who was also a clone of Big Boss, in MGS/The Twin Snakes. Solid Snake officially died on the tanker in MGS2, but actually survived, donning the guise if Iriqouis Pliskin while working with Raiden on the Big Shell. Raiden wasn't trained by Solid Snake, but was trained by others to become Snake. The Big Shell incident was engineered to present Raiden with obstacles similar to the ones Solid Snake encountered on Shadow Moses Island, in MGS/The Twin Snakes.

And to think that some of us can keep up with all of this and not get confused.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Were they cloning him only because of his age and LordMune thanks for answering my questions.

Lord_Sloth

They cloned him because after he killed The Boss he proved that he was the most dangerous soldier on the planet. The cloned him so they could have others like him.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Ok that is quite a storyline, but I now think I am getting it. Thanks everyone.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I just saw the trailer, though this post has been around for a few days. I can say the graphics do look amazing, and the story seems interesting. I even like Snake's new look, though at first I didn't notice the eye patch and thought it was Ocelot impersonating Snake.

One thing concerns me, however.

I don't like how the trailer ends with Snake rushing out to fight an army and then the words "Nowhere to hide!" flashing on the screen. That makes me thing that this game will be more about wonton killing and less about stealth. Whether this is the case or not, I don't know. But that's what the trailer implies. And if that is the case, I'm throughly disappointed, because I'd rather a game that sticks to the theme of the series than a game where, while it is cool and pretty bad ass, is just about an old man grabbing a gun and taking out an army.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Manchester Black said:
I don't like how the trailer ends with Snake rushing out to fight an army and then the words "Nowhere to hide!" flashing on the screen. That makes me thing that this game will be more about wonton killing and less about stealth. Whether this is the case or not, I don't know. But that's what the trailer implies. And if that is the case, I'm throughly disappointed, because I'd rather a game that sticks to the theme of the series than a game where, while it is cool and pretty bad ass, is just about an old man grabbing a gun and taking out an army.

Kojima stated at E3, or perhaps it was earlier, that "Nowhere to hide!" was about the chaotic new environment Snake finds himself in- in retrospect he was probably talking about the battle-ravaged cityscape in the trailer. Previously, MGS had always been about moving undetected through controlled environment (they tried to get away from this a bit in Snake Eater, but not completely), i.e. infiltrating an enemy base. There was always a locker, box, or vent handy to hide in when things got out of hand. In MGS4, however, that is not the case. I believe Hideo Kojima illustrated it something like this; 'you can hide behind a truck- but what if the truck drives away? You can hide behind some barrels, but what if the enemy blows them up?".
"Nowhere to hide" is about always having to keep moving, as I understand it. Snake Eater emphasised survival over stealth, and I believe Guns of the Patriots will put a new spin on that. It doesn't necessarily mean more random killing.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

I agree. You can hide anywhere, but in like all the MGS you cant forever. It just may be a bit quicker to do things in this game.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Here are a few theories and or facts by me about that trailer ((Which was so fe**ing hot that my toes are the only things not burned to a crisp))

The futuristic injector that Snake used after he had that that contains a serum that is most likely a serum used to counter FoxDie's effects.

Snake is so old becouse of his biology. Seeing as he is a clone from an old man, his life is shortened dramaticly and he will age more rapid until he reaches the age where Big Boss was sposed to die
((Big Boss was about 50 when they made his clones
Snake was around 35 in MGS
50 + 35 = 85 years old biologicly ....))

Blindfolded_Riku

Dragonfly said:
The futuristic injector that Snake used after he had that that contains a serum that is most likely a serum used to counter FoxDie's effects.
I don't think the serum is bc of FoxDie ... Well it could be but the one who got the virus dies pretty fast (c.f. : Liquid Snake in MGS )And i really don't think that the virus would begin to show his effects on Snake such a long time after he actually got ''infeceted'', and if I remember well Naomi Hunter said in MGS that Snake couldn't die because of FoxDie because he's the one who ''carries'' it.Only some persons who get in contact with him may be in danger.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Square Ninja said:
Hold up. Just because he was cloned from an middle aged man doesn't mean he'll have that less to live.
I think it was mentioned in one of the games, to tell you the truth. Was it Liquid who said it in MGS2? "But I'll live on through this arm" or something. Or maybe that was about the fact that he was supposed to be dead. Meh.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back