• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Memory and the Soul

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Path

The outer reaches of the realm of nothingness
Is it known whether memory is tied to the heart or to the soul. Because, if you think about it, do heartless, who are only hearts, show any signs of memory? No... (besides Ansem). Do Nobodies, who are a Soul and body, have memory? Yes... (Except for Xemnas to some extent). I think that memory is tied to the Soul, and not the heart. Now, I know that someone is going to pull up some quote from CoM, but when you think about it, the above evidence is pretty strong!

blob

No heartless that retain their human form remember their past memories just like nobodies with their human forms. Only those who can retain their human form can remember, and others cannot remember cause they a drenched in darkness as shown when Sora turns into a heartless.
*at least that is what i think*

Twilight Path

The outer reaches of the realm of nothingness
Yes, I know. However, do we know any heartless that retain their human form, other than Ansem. He is probably a special case, due to his "superhuman qualities". However, it is true that Sora retained his memory even as a heartless, however, he may be a special case himself too...

Kiwise

I'm probably about to make an idiot of myself, but....

I thought it went like this:

Close, personal, special memories are tied to the heart. All other memories that aren't as important or special are not tied to the heart.

For example, being in love would probably count as a close, personal, special memory, so those specific memories of being in love would be tied to the heart. Where a person was born or where they lived would probably not be a close, personal, special memory, so the memories of where that person lived would not be tied to the heart. So if this person was turned into one of the "special" (for lack of a better word) Nobodies, they would remember where they came from, but they wouldn't remember anything at all about the person they were in love with.

So the "special" Organization XIII Nobodies do have memory, but they can only remember the memories that were not in their hearts.

I am probably wrong about this, I don't know, but I thought that Heartless were not hearts themselves, but the embodiment of the darkness in a heart. That's why Sora was turned into such a weak Heartless: he didn't have that much darkness in his heart. It's also why Kairi was not turned into a Heartless at all: She didn't have any darkness at all in her heart.
The embodiment of darkness in a heart would not hold close, personal, special memories; the heart itself would. If Heartless are not hearts themselves, they would have no memories and would act purely on instinct. So Heartless would not have their memories.

But I'm not sure. I am probably wrong. This is just what I thought was actually in the game. (Is it...? If not, then what is actually in the game? Or was it even said in the game?)

Based on what I thought, I would say (to your question) that memories are tied to both the heart and the soul. Just that more important ones are tied to the heart.

Just thought I'd throw in what I thought....

Oh wow, big wall of text. I'm sorry. I probably didn't help at all, either. I sound like an idiot...

Xehanort: 17

i think the Memory is connected to the Heart. what if you could create a Heart using Memory's?

"Memory's SkyscrapeR"

KershaFangs

I recently replayed KH1, and Sora said that when he was a Heartless, he started to forget things, like his friends, his family, and even himself. It was also stated that Roxas has no memories of his past life because of Sora's short time as a Heartless...

The connection? I believe when a person becomes a Heartless, all the memories they lose is transferred over to the Nobody.

Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) had retained all his memories, so how did Xemnas know who Xehanort was? Perhaps, Xemnas didn't remember exactly what had happened in Xehanort's lifetime, but he was aware of everything that happened. He knew what Xehanort had done, so with that information, he may have build his own fake memories around it. They may not have been exactly right, but still were accurate.

Well, that's just what I think anyway...

Zdude2099

I think so because on the 5th day as Roxas in kh2 he talks to Namine who states "... about a year ago I took apart the memories chained together in Sora's heart..." and that is why I think so. As for soul I am not sure.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Memories are connected to the heart, but are stored in the mind. Something in which human heartless, and nobodies both have. Before he refused with Roxas, Sora was a human heartless. He was able to retain memory.

Example? At the end, the trio were walking down a grassy road. And they said that they had to find Kind Mickey and Riku. He also remembered Kairi who was nowhere to be found until he stabbed himself. So I'd say that heartless who have taken on human form can remember.

Nobodies are able to remember their old lives before becoming such.
Example? Saix said that they remember the emotions they had when they were people. That's a memory. If it wasn't a memory, he couldn't remember.
-_-

-Kawaii Kuien-

Denki-Kurai

I think the memmories are tied to the heart.
as you said:
Nobodies, who are a Soul and body
And as kersha said :
I believe when a person becomes a Heartless, all the memories they lose is transferred over to the Nobody.
If the memmories were tied to the body and soul then roxas would have had memmories of his other life.
But since sora was only a heartless for a short time he regained his memmories before the were given to roxas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back