• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Max Stats and Misc. Stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentGibbs

Note: Geez, I went a bit overboard with text there...To ease the pain for those of you who find the larger amounts of reading less than enjoyable, I bolded the actual questions (although I encourage a complete reading in order to elicit the reader's full understanding). Also, I should add that there are some very slight gameplay spoilers, for those of you who have somehow managed to wander to this thread despite not having played the game yet. This only includes the use of a few simple nouns, however (names, items, locations, and the like).

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time since I've played this game. I observed several threads regarding max stats, but I never quite saw a direct answer (so I created a new topic to avoid thread necrophilia). Anyway, I understand that at the beginning of the first Kingdom Hearts game, if you choose the staff, you get two more MP, resulting in a maximum of ten bars at max level. With the aid of Ultima Weapon and some good accessories, one could theoretically have a grand total of 18 MP. Can anyone confirm this? I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but I understand some games have stat caps, and I don't want to choose the staff only to find that there's a cap at 16 or anything (thus resulting in both a waste of magic and the opportunity for two extra item slots lost). Secondly, to those who have chosen the staff, is it worth choosing, or rather, is the magic difference noticeable? I've heard rumors that the extra MP results in quite the destructive Graviga, but no one has elaborated further.

Finally, for the "miscellaneous stuff" (I apologize for the large mass of text; I'll try to wrap this up):
About a year ago, someone had a question regarding the clock tower in Neverland, but the answer wasn't quite clear. Can you get the hourly items at the clock tower both before and after the optional fight with the Phantom, or is it one or the other? I desire the answer for a rather rediculous reason. Years ago, I could swear I got a few items (marked by a white sparkle on the corresponding time on the face of Big Ben) before fighting the Phantom, and after beating him, the sparkles were gone! However, it appeared as though I could keep getting items...It may be a false memory, but I suppose the question is this: Is it possible to get the items twice? I'm attempting to fill the clock's face with sparkles, both to indicate that I have all the items and to satisfy an obsessive compulsive need, one could say. Some thorough insight would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Um, I'm not reading all that when "slight possible" spoilers are somewhere within it.

Please make your questions:
-Into a list
-Kind of like this one
-With spoilers properly placed
-In the [.spoilers]proper tag[/spoilers]
-Similarly to this
-Thanks

RikusApprentice

If u look very closely, Im in the corner of the sc
Note: Geez, I went a bit overboard with text there...To ease the pain for those of you who find the larger amounts of reading less than enjoyable, I bolded the actual questions (although I encourage a complete reading in order to elicit the reader's full understanding). Also, I should add that there are some very slight gameplay spoilers, for those of you who have somehow managed to wander to this thread despite not having played the game yet. This only includes the use of a few simple nouns, however (names, items, locations, and the like).

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time since I've played this game. I observed several threads regarding max stats, but I never quite saw a direct answer (so I created a new topic to avoid thread necrophilia). Anyway, I understand that at the beginning of the first Kingdom Hearts game, if you choose the staff, you get two more MP, resulting in a maximum of ten bars at max level. With the aid of Ultima Weapon and some good accessories, one could theoretically have a grand total of 18 MP. Can anyone confirm this? I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but I understand some games have stat caps, and I don't want to choose the staff only to find that there's a cap at 16 or anything (thus resulting in both a waste of magic and the opportunity for two extra item slots lost). Secondly, to those who have chosen the staff, is it worth choosing, or rather, is the magic difference noticeable? I've heard rumors that the extra MP results in quite the destructive Graviga, but no one has elaborated further.

Finally, for the "miscellaneous stuff" (I apologize for the large mass of text; I'll try to wrap this up):
About a year ago, someone had a question regarding the clock tower in Neverland, but the answer wasn't quite clear. Can you get the hourly items at the clock tower both before and after the optional fight with the Phantom, or is it one or the other? I desire the answer for a rather rediculous reason. Years ago, I could swear I got a few items (marked by a white sparkle on the corresponding time on the face of Big Ben) before fighting the Phantom, and after beating him, the sparkles were gone! However, it appeared as though I could keep getting items...It may be a false memory, but I suppose the question is this: Is it possible to get the items twice? I'm attempting to fill the clock's face with sparkles, both to indicate that I have all the items and to satisfy an obsessive compulsive need, one could say. Some thorough insight would be most appreciated!
First don't worry about giving gameplay spoilers especially when its KH1 spoilers. Its kind of a given that just about everybody has been spoiled on KH1 on here.
Anyway, to answer your questions:
-there are no limits on MP so if you chose the staff yes you can get a rediculous amount of MP if you want. I don't know what the exact number is though.
-I just started a new game on expert and chose the staff because I never have before. I haven't really noticed much of a difference but I havent learned much magic yet. It is kinda nice because you don't have to choose between attack or defense. You get a little more balance. So yes it can be worth it.
-About the clock tower, I don't really know if you can get the items before the Phantom fight I always thought it was after the battle but if you think you remember getting it before idk. But I do know you can't get the items twice, only once, sorry.

Hope this helps.

AgentGibbs

First don't worry about giving gameplay spoilers especially when its KH1 spoilers. Its kind of a given that just about everybody has been spoiled on KH1 on here.
Anyway, to answer your questions:
-there are no limits on MP so if you chose the staff yes you can get a rediculous amount of MP if you want. I don't know what the exact number is though.
-I just started a new game on expert and chose the staff because I never have before. I haven't really noticed much of a difference but I havent learned much magic yet. It is kinda nice because you don't have to choose between attack or defense. You get a little more balance. So yes it can be worth it.
-About the clock tower, I don't really know if you can get the items before the Phantom fight I always thought it was after the battle but if you think you remember getting it before idk. But I do know you can't get the items twice, only once, sorry.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the information. I greatly appreciate it! I guess I'll be using the staff as well. +Staff -Sword will give me the most balance, and I suppose even if the difference is small, two extra bars can't hurt. It doesn't hurt to get MP Haste right away either. I looked through my old file (+Sword -Shield) and found that with Ultima Weapon equipped, as well as three Atlas Armlets, I had a grand total of 16 MP. So, 18 should be the new max, although equipping Crystal Crowns for the extra HP and settling for 15 MP (as opposed to 13) sounds just as good.

As for the Clock Tower, this information is relieving. Twelve hours of going in and out of Neverland is quite a bit more manageable than 24. I believe you're right about the items only appearing after the Phantom. It's been quite a few years, so it's very probable that I remembered wrong. Regardless, getting the items after seems like the logical choice anyway.

Well, again, I appreciate the thorough answer; You told me everything I needed to know. Now I'm off to lift 99 Potions and Pretty Stones off of Riku and the gang. >=D

Rabie

You probably wont believe this, but In 48 hours, 28 min.s I maxd my file with expert, and slow->fast exp curve. All keyholes, all side quests, Winnie, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, All cups together (except the last two), alone, and time attack (except the last two). All equipment, including multiples of the heartless staff and shield. All synthesized items, all trinities, including the disappearing one in Halloween town, All treasure chests opened, all magic abilities gained, All of the optional win/lose bosses won (leon, Cerberus, the leopard), 99 potions, high potions, ethers, high ethers, and elixirs (sorry, but haven't worked on me-gas yet), 99 Dalmatians, and beat final boss so damn quick u wouldn't believe. All without cheats, if you don't believe me, I can tell you how to max every stat w/out cheat. I even got to the 99999 munney limit

Last edited:

AgentGibbs

You probably wont believe this, but In 48 hours, 28 min.s I maxd my file with expert, and slow->fast exp curve. All keyholes, all side quests, Winnie, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, All cups together (except the last two), alone, and time attack (except the last two). All equipment, including multiples of the heartless staff and shield. All synthesized items, all trinities, including the disappearing one in Halloween town, All treasure chests opened, all magic abilities gained, All of the optional win/lose bosses won (leon, Cerberus, the leopard), 99 potions, high potions, ethers, high ethers, and elixirs (sorry, but haven't worked on me-gas yet), 99 Dalmatians, and beat final boss so damn quick u wouldn't believe. All without cheats, if you don't believe me, I can tell you how to max every stat w/out cheat. I even got to the 99999 munney limit

Wow, that's very impressive. On my good file (on which I unfortunately chose the sword), I did all of the above minus the elixers and the maximum munny, and that took me over 100 hours lol. Well done! I'm restarting and doing a staff run; I'm hoping I'll be able to focus and get 99 of everything, but I fear that I'll lose interest (which has happened the last two times). Plus, if I recall correctly, you can carry more than one Wizard's Relic/Defender's Shield, and if that's so, there's no way I'll come close xD. I was originally going to try the no damage, no healing, no ally-ko expert run (for the sake of a perfect end-of-game report), but alas, I didn't make it far at all (I suppose levelling up to 100 on the islands would simplify the matter, but why bother when I know I'll get hit at least nine or ten times by Sephiroth lol). Anyway, I suppose I'll resume in my attempt at a somewhat perfect file, which will hopefully be done by the end of August lol. 48 hours is quite impressive. Keep up the good work!

Rabie

thanx, I'm so proud of it, and the secret to getting minimum time, is save and quit, if you did something stupid (spend multiple elixirs on an easy boss/ accidentally sell something important, or so on, just quit and go back to the save, I nevr really had a problem doing that since i save like evry time it's possible. BTW, any time i got stuck on a boss, i tried and tried again until i beat him, then memorized how, and reloaded the save before the first time, and beat him. Believe it or not, your time continues evry time you continue, it doesn't like load save state. (helpful for the Riku in hollow bastion battle), and just equip all luck boosting accessories for the relic, defender, then, just find a hotspot, like that area at hollow bastion where there's a gate, and you have to maneuver across floating caged platforms. there are a bunch of defenders there, and I forgot where the wizards were... The one thing I'm missing is a perfect gummi record which really PISSES ME THE fcuk OFF because my disc is scratched, and I can warp to hollow bastion but i can't go through the gummi course for it. Sucks, cause there is an enemy which is exclusive to that area which drops a rare gummi block. The only reason I finished the game is because I played it through at my friends house so I could unlock the world, and warp to it from then on. I guess I'll just do the same thing to get the gummi block.

AgentGibbs

Curse those scratches! Lol I hope you can get your hands on a good copy, especially since you're so close. Gummi blocks always bother me in the first game, mostly because you can't open some chests containing gummi blocks after receiving the last dalmation prize. I finally realized the dalmations were the culprits by my third playhrough xD.

Well, everything's going smoothly on my file so far. I haven't had time to play too much, so I'm only at Monstro. I'm trying to get to Neverland quickly so I can test a few things at the Clock Tower. After digging up an old file, I found that you can indeed get the Clock Tower items before fighting the Phantom (you can actually get them as soon as you lock the Neverland keyhole), but I'm going to wait until after; I fear that if I get, say, six items, beat Hollow Bastion, kill the Phantom, and resume, that when I go for the last six, the white lights will be gone or something. The Paranoid Perfectionist inside me wants to ensure that all twelve lights are lit on the clock at once. If anyone has confirmed that the lights do in fact remain even if you gather items before and after the Phantom battle, please let me know so I can get this tedious quest over with lol. In the meantime, I suppose I'll finish Monstro and enjoy High Jump for a while!

Vixx

Not very hard to read guys...i am sure you can take a few minutes out of your life and read the post, when he took a few minutes out of his and made.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
edit: wtf is this? 7 year bump bruh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back