• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Eraqus' Predicament?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So I'm just looking to try my hand at making my first Kh fan fic, and with it, I wanted to stick to the lore as close as possible. With that being said, I've got a few questions that I can't seem to find any concrete answers to. Of course I know that a lot of other lore also don't have solid answers, I'm just looking for a general consensus.

From what we already know, Master Eraqus was KO'd by presumably Master Xehanort near the end of Birth by Sleep. Vanishing into tiny particles of light in Terra's arms, we later learn that he hid his own heart within Terra to help him resist Xehanort's darkness (How, exactly, I don't know since Xehanorts seems to be in complete control of Terra's body regardless). And then.. that's it.

What im wondering is, anyone know how the whole thing went down during the Ansem SoD/ Xemnas split? Did his heart tag along with either one? (I like to think this might be the case, as just like the "gazing eye" Eraqus could have watched everything through Ansem or Xemnas eyes, plotting his next move) Or did it simply float around in darkness and return only once Xehanort was recompleted? Any thoughts appreciated..

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
All we know for sure is that Eraqus was in Terra's heart after his death.

I imagine his heart would have stayed within Terra's, wherever it ended up after Apprentice Xehanort's split and Master Xehanort's recompletion. We don't actually know where Terra's heart is now, but maybe once Terra returns Sora can then restore Eraqus's heart from him. I doubt that Eraqus's heart would have gone inside of Xemnas or Ansem SOD if Terra's heart wasn't there, too.

Veevee

Awards
I'd agree with Eraqus heart staying with Terra's heart, wherever that went. I have a hard time imagining how to restore Eraqus as a person though .. his body faded away, so there's no body to return to. On the other hand, it's the same for Roxas who probably borrowed Sora's body and Xion whose body also faded away and those are destined to be saved, so there must be a similar possibility for Master E.
There has never been a second thought on Eraqus' state on side of the games except for BBS, so I guess you're free to make up whatever you have in mind for him. It's fanfiction after all. :)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, as the others have stated it is heavily hinted he was in Terra's heart, but what makes things difficult is that we rarely get any info on what happens to "captives" during body-switching or Heartless-Noboby creations (Terra's himself is of unconfirmed location during the Ansem and Xemnas period and even now that Xehanort is back).
My personal thoughts are that Eraqus (or what's left of him: I'm not entirely sure his whole being is in Terra, or that he will be back as a whole being) is just a light that shields Terra and prevents him from being completely swallowed by Xehanort. I don't think he could or did interfere with either Ansem or Xemnas, rather he's focusing on preserving Terra for when Sora&co will free him.

Write away, as of now no one can prove you wrong or pretend you should know more about it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Nobody knows a ding dang diddly clue, so don't worry about getting it wrong.

My personal thoughts are that Eraqus (or what's left of him: I'm not entirely sure his whole being is in Terra, or that he will be back as a whole being) is just a light that shields Terra and prevents him from being completely swallowed by Xehanort. I don't think he could or did interfere with either Ansem or Xemnas, rather he's focusing on preserving Terra for when Sora&co will free him.
Like how Ventus' heart protected Sora's at the end of DDD by covering him in his armor? I can go with that.

Awards
Sweet, thanks. This all does beg the question of where Terra's heart went then. So it isn't possible his heart didn't slip into either one? I'm remembering that after Sora went through his split, Ventus' heart ended up with Roxas and didn't dissapear somewhere else. Sora had three hearts inside him (His own, Kairis', and Ventus'). After he stabbed himself, both hearts left him while his own became his heartless. From what I can infer, it would seem that the "dominant" heart ends up becoming the heartless (SoD Ansem=Xehanort's heart) while any other excess stays with the body (Xemnas had Terra's heart...?).

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I was going to link to that Terra thread, so I'll just second it. Again, there's a lot of speculation as there is here. Do whatever works best for your story and what you want.

Sweet, thanks. This all does beg the question of where Terra's heart went then. So it isn't possible his heart didn't slip into either one? I'm remembering that after Sora went through his split, Ventus' heart ended up with Roxas and didn't dissapear somewhere else. Sora had three hearts inside him (His own, Kairis', and Ventus'). After he stabbed himself, both hearts left him while his own became his heartless. From what I can infer, it would seem that the "dominant" heart ends up becoming the heartless (SoD Ansem=Xehanort's heart) while any other excess stays with the body (Xemnas had Terra's heart...?).

Xemnas, Roxas, and Namine are special nobodies. If it happened with Roxas and Ven, it's possible that it could have happened with Terra and Xemnas. I've had that theory myself. If that's where Terra's heart went, then technically Eraqus was buried inside Xemnas as well.

There's still the question of "After Xemnas and Ansem SOD perished and Master Xehanort was reformed, where did Terra go?". Which is where that thread will come in handy.

I have a hard time imagining how to restore Eraqus as a person though .. his body faded away, so there's no body to return to. On the other hand, it's the same for Roxas who probably borrowed Sora's body and Xion whose body also faded away and those are destined to be saved, so there must be a similar possibility for Master E.

I'm wondering if KH3 even has any plans to restore Eraqus and Ansem the Wise? Usually, only Roxas, Xion, and Namine are listed. Ansem would be easier to restore and we know he's with Aqua. I'm thinking Roxas and the others could be restored by placing their new hearts in a replica body, so that could work for Eraqus, too.

Awards
Xemnas, Roxas, and Namine are special nobodies. If it happened with Roxas and Ven, it's possible that it could have happened with Terra and Xemnas. I've had that theory myself. If that's where Terra's heart went, then technically Eraqus was buried inside Xemnas as welll.

Awesome, that's all the footing I need, and I'm glad I'm not the only one to make that connection. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back