• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Lya's Story (prequel to Shades of Gray and The Death/Return of a Hero)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
I am so hating this!!! I so hate that Lya is shutting Link out. God damnit, she is really starting to piss me off with her stubbornness and stupidity. I mean, I know that they will probably get passed all this, but Lya is driving me crazy. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and as always, what was the title of the song? It looked familiar, but I can't place it.

Keeper of Memory

yay im back in the story!! :) i like Hannah :D anyway...whens the next chapter? it would have been cooler if i used magic to contol you but that works 8D

HeartOfTheHero

I am so hating this!!! I so hate that Lya is shutting Link out. God damnit, she is really starting to piss me off with her stubbornness and stupidity. I mean, I know that they will probably get passed all this, but Lya is driving me crazy. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and as always, what was the title of the song? It looked familiar, but I can't place it.
i know, she's starting to annoy me too, but i need her separated from Link for a while, and this was the easiest way that i could think to do it.
"Here is Gone" by the Goo Goo Dolls
aw! poor lya. :( stupid hannah. >:p
very nicely said, lol :)
yay im back in the story!! :) i like Hannah :D anyway...whens the next chapter? it would have been cooler if i used magic to contol you but that works 8D
yes, your back yay! lol
next chapter is whenever i manage to have time to post something. which will not be today, cuz we are going to the movies!!!! AVATAR HERE WE COME!!! lol
magic will come in later...:lol:

HeartOfTheHero

ok, so, i should have the next chapter up really soon, i just forgot my notebook at school, which has like half of chapter 22 written in it, so hopefully by this weekend i'll have that posted. In the meanwhile, I do have something for you. Last month I got the idea to make my own comic based on my characters. I've only gotten one done so far, but I do have some others planned out.

Cover Page

Sorry it's a little blurry at the top, my sketchbook doesn't exactly fit on my scanner, so the top was cut off a little.
These are supposed to take place between Shades of Gray and The Death/Return of a Hero

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
ok, so, i should have the next chapter up really soon, i just forgot my notebook at school, which has like half of chapter 22 written in it, so hopefully by this weekend i'll have that posted. In the meanwhile, I do have something for you. Last month I got the idea to make my own comic based on my characters. I've only gotten one done so far, but I do have some others planned out.

Cover Page

Sorry it's a little blurry at the top, my sketchbook doesn't exactly fit on my scanner, so the top was cut off a little.
These are supposed to take place between Shades of Gray and The Death/Return of a Hero

Aw, that was a really cute comic. I really liked how Lya threatened Zelda with a hair dryer for trying to make her wear the dress; I probably would have used something else, but that's just me. You are a really good artist. I really wish I could draw, but I can't; maybe I should take lessons or something. Anyway, I look forward to the next update of the story.

HeartOfTheHero

Aw, that was a really cute comic. I really liked how Lya threatened Zelda with a hair dryer for trying to make her wear the dress; I probably would have used something else, but that's just me. You are a really good artist. I really wish I could draw, but I can't; maybe I should take lessons or something. Anyway, I look forward to the next update of the story.
thanks, i'm glad you liked it :) hopefully i'll have time to do more soon

and now....ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the bitterness,
And I would have stayed up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a life

I wandered through different parts of Hyrule, getting as far away from the village and Link as I could. Standing quietly by a pond, I enjoyed the solitude until a smitten young couple, oblivious of my presence, came to confess their feelings for one another. I attempted to keep my thoughts from that one night by the waterfall, and I immediately left, feeling sorry for myself.

One night in the pouring down rain, I walked by a house that had the curtains open and glanced in on a small family laughing together next to a warm fire. I shivered as the rain soaked through my coat, chilling me to the bone, while I stood remembering the many fireside conversations that I had had with Link and his grandmother on nights like this.

There were many other events like this, sweet but painful memories constantly haunting me while I tried to run away. By the end of the third week, I felt absolutely miserable, but I refused to go back. That night I found myself a dry place to curl up in for sleep. It had been raining almost nonstop for a long time, and I think I had a cold, possibly and pneumonia, from being soaked all of the time. I fell into a restless sleep after a few minutes.

Lya!” I heard my name being called from somewhere far away. “Lya, wake up!” I didn’t respond, but I did open my eyes. Sitting up, I realized that I had no idea where I was. It wasn’t the same place where I had fallen asleep, I was sure of that. Looking around, I took in the dark stone walls, the dry desert air, and the prison bars.

Oh great… I stood up slowly, expecting Ganondorf to come sauntering into the room to gloat about his recent success, and how he had managed to capture me yet again. However, an hour passed and no one came there wasn’t even a guard.

Walking closer to the bars, I realized that they were spaced slightly farther apart than the average cell. Because I had slimmed down so much from the weeks of travel without much food, I could probably slip through them without much difficulty.

I smiled as I slid through the space in the bars and made my way silently through the castle. At first I was just planning on going straight for the door, but then I remembered the sword. I started doing quick searches of all of the rooms that I came across.

It didn’t occur to me to be wary because the castle seemed abandoned. I didn’t stop to think about why everyone would have left. I was just concentrating on finding the sword and getting home. Throwing open the door at the end of a hallway, I found the sword lying in the middle of a mess of papers. I ran over to it and grabbed it, then gasped as I realized that the stone was also lying on the table under several papers.

After snatching up the stone, I ran out of the room and took off down the hallway. Sprinting down the stairs, I saw the huge front doors shut firmly, but not locked. Sliding to a stop, I grabbed one of the handles and pulled on it with all my might. It didn’t budge.

Oh no…

I spun around and ran back into the middle of the castle. Once I reached one of the great halls, I spotted another door leading outside.

I was halfway across the room when the explosion happened.

It threw me I don’t know how far, and I was knocked out for some time. When I came to, I was buried under a mountain of debris, and I could barely see anything because of the dim light filtering through the cracks. I could barely breathe, and when I put my hand on my side, it came away sticky and wet with blood. Gasping in pain, I tried to move, but I couldn’t feel my legs.

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I whispered, “Link, I’m sorry about all this. I hope you can forgive me when you find out what happened. I tried to fix it, but I guess I just don’t have the power.” I hesitating before adding, “I’m sorry I never got to tell you this, but…I love you.” I could almost feel him beside me for an instant, then I lost consciousness.

Lay down a list of what is wrong,
The things you’ve told him all along,
And pray to God he hears you,
And pray to God he hears you

:eek::53: <If this is anything close your reaction then I consider this chapter a success> :53::eek:

:lol::96::cool: <This is what I look like right now because I know what happens next> :cool::96::lol:​

I'll post the next chapter soon, (like within a week, honestly I will, since I've already started it) but for now I'll leave you all in suspense​

Last edited:

Keeper of Memory

gasp!!! i didn't expect that to happen!!!! okay maybe i did lol. i think i no what happens next but i'm not sure....hurry up with the last third of your chapter.
oh and whats the song for this on i can't figure it out.

HeartOfTheHero

gasp!!! i didn't expect that to happen!!!! okay maybe i did lol. i think i no what happens next but i'm not sure....hurry up with the last third of your chapter.
oh and whats the song for this on i can't figure it out.
How to Save a Life by the Fray :)
and you totally expected that to happen because I told you it was going to happen! :p

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 23

How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core,
Where I’ve become so numb,
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home

I regained consciousness, only to find that once again my surroundings had changed drastically. Standing slowly, I gazed around at the white walls that glowed with strands of red, green, and blue flowing through them. The floor and ceiling set off a soft white light, illuminating the three golden thrones that formed a triangle, all facing inwards, at the center of the room.

One throne had designs etched in red. A woman with jet black hair, wearing a tight fitting red dress and pieces of darker red armor, sat on this throne. She had a battle ax, with red designs engraved in the silver blade. Her face was a mask of cruel, sharp beauty, and she kept her gaze steadily on me as I looked at her.

The second throne had designs etched in green. The woman seated on this throne had brilliant red hair, and she wore a jade green dress, which showed off her lean, muscular body. She had a crown of ivy weaved through her hair, and her expression was hardened, tough, but her eyes showed kindness. When I looked at her she gave me a smile of encouragement.

The third throne had designs etched in blue. The woman her had dark brown hair, with a floor length, bright blue dress. When I looked at her face, I realized that we looked very similar. She looked down at me with an intent and observant expression.

“Wh-where am I?” I asked hesitatingly. The one in red sneered and tossed her head, ignoring my question. The one in blue continued looking coolly down at me.

“Lost soul,” said the one in green, standing and walking towards me, “you who have tried to right the wrongs that you have committed, you called out for help in your last moments.” She gestured to the other two and herself as she said, “We three, the Goddesses of Hyrule, have heard your plea.”

“You….You’re the Goddesses of Hyrule?” I asked dubiously. The woman in red rolled her eyes and looked bored, while the one in blue looked slightly disappointed.

“Yes,” answered the one in green, “I am Farore, goddess of courage.” She returned to her throne and nodded to the other two.

“I am Nayru,” said the one in blue, standing and coming towards me, “goddess of wisdom.” She seemed like she was about to say something else when she was cut off by the one in red.

“I am Din,” she said snappishly, “goddess of power. You would do well to remember that.” Nayru and Farore each gave her a slightly irritated glance, before turning back to me.

“But, I never called for help, so why am I here?” I asked, looking around at the three of them.

“The message that you whispered, as you lay dying, was enough to show that you were ready for help,” Nayru said softly.

“Wait, dying?? You mean, I died???” I shouted, jumping away from her.

“No, you didn’t die, but you almost did,” she said, as she walked back to her throne. “Let us show you.” She made motion with her hand, and I could see myself, lying under the remains of the castle. This was a lot like when Ganondorf had shown me where he was keeping Hannah hostage, but this time the image was much more vivid. I could see the blood all around me, and I heard my apology to Link. Then I saw myself lose consciousness, and my breathing slowed. When it had almost stopped, a flash of white light engulfed my body, and I disappeared.

“You were brought here, and we healed your wounds,” said Farore.

“Well, thanks, but what am I supposed to do now?” I asked as I crossed my arms and looked at the images in front of me.

“That was three days ago,” said Nayru, “There have been a lot of things happening since then.”

“Things that were caused by your actions,” Din added scornfully.

“What are you talking about,” I asked, turning to look at her. I felt cold all of a sudden, like someone had dumped a bucket of ice over my head. She pointed at the image of the castle rubble, and I turned back to it. The scene changed to the cliffs overlooking Ganondorf’s castle, and I saw Link looking down at the debris. He fell to his knees and screamed out “Lya!”

“It seems he heard your last words,” Din said coldly. I didn’t hear her; I was too absorbed in what I was seeing.

After calling my name a few more times, Link went down and tried to search the ruins for me, but he wasn’t able to get very far, and he finally had to leave. His face was a mixture of heartbreaking grief and deadly fury. He took off back towards Hyrule Castle.

Again the scene changed, to the next day, and this time it was of the fields surrounding the castle. An army of Ganondorf’s monsters were gathered, preparing for battle. I could see Ganondorf standing in front of them all, examining the ranks closest to him. He turned to the person next to him and said, “With Link grief stricken, and Lya dead, we’re sure to have a victory at last!”

“Yes, Lord Ganondorf,” Hannah responded tersely. She stood stiffly, like she didn’t want to be there with the rest of them.

The image faded to one inside the castle, in the throne room. King Daltus sat listening to the reports of guards throughout the city. They seemed panicked as they told him of the forces gathered outside. Link stood off to one side looking miserable, and Zelda stood next to him. Thank you, Zelda, even if you are just trying to cheer him up so that he’ll fall in love with you, I thought. Link jerked away from her abruptly and stalked across the room.

“King Daltus, we need to gather all of the soldiers and warriors that we can,” Link said after a few seconds. “Tell them to prepare for battle, and tell them to,” here his voice wavered, “tell them to spend a few moments with their loved ones … just in case.” I fought back sobs as he said this over his shoulder as he left the room.

King Daltus looked sadly after him, then nodded to the guards and ordered them to distribute the message to everyone in Castle Town. Zelda went up to her father and they talked quietly about everything that was happening.

Once again the image changed to the next day. According to what Din, Nayru, and Farore had said, I was looking at the events of yesterday.

The two armies stood on opposite sides of the field, watching each other, waiting for someone to make the first move. Link was marching back and forth before all of the knights, guards, and warriors that had been found in Castle Town. His voice rang out clear and strong to everyone gathered there.

“…and no matter what, remember that we are fighting not only for every man, woman, and child inside these walls,” he pointed at Castle Town, “but for everyone throughout Hyrule. If we fail then there is nothing standing between them and those monstrous forces. We fight for those who cannot fight for themselves, and they’re depending on us! So we cannot fail them! We will use our strengths against their weaknesses, and send them crawling back to the darkest depths where they belong!!” He drew his sword and held it high above his head as everyone cheered. He looked back and forth at them all, then turned to face Ganondorf’s forces. He closed his eyes and whispered, “This is for you, Lya.” Then he opened his brilliant blue eyes and screamed a battle cry, leading the rest behind him straight towards the other side.

On the other side, Ganondorf ordered his monster to attack, then teleported himself to a safe distance away so that he could watch the battle. You coward…

When the two armies met, there was the clash of swords, spears, knives, and every other weapon imaginable. Screams echoed through the air from both sides, and gallant heroes fell alongside ruthless monsters. I wanted to turn away, but I couldn’t. For a while it seemed like the monsters were being beaten back, but the tides turned as the sun went down. Now they were outnumbering the soldiers by at least six to one, and they were advancing quickly. I tried to see through the darkness and find where Link was, but I couldn’t see him anywhere. A knot formed inside my chest as I looked for him.

The image faded entirely, and none replaced it.

“Wait,” I shouted at the goddesses, “what happened?? Show me!”

Farore looked down at me sadly, “Many courageous warriors have fallen since this battle began. But they’ve managed to keep the attacks away from Castle Town, for now.”

Nayru nodded, “They’ve displayed a wise strategy, keeping Ganondorf’s forces occupied while they send messengers to others asking for help.”

Din turned her icy gaze to me, “They have used all of their available power to beat back the forces, but it’s not enough.”

“Isn’t there something that you can do??” I fell to my knees and bowed before them. “Please, anything, just don’t let Ganondorf win!”

Din looked down at me, then stepped off of her throne and came to me. “Stand up.” I looked up at her and saw that she was holding the sword. “We cannot do anything to help them, but you can.”

“Me?”

“Yes, you. It’s fitting, don’t you think? You’re the reason that this clash has happened in the first place. Your appearance here, and that of your friend, altered the balance of power in Hyrule.”

“So you’re saying that if we had never come, this wouldn’t have happened?”

“Not necessarily, but it wouldn’t have happened like this,” Nayru said, “and when you worked for Ganondorf” I started to protest but she stopped me “however unwillingly, that changed things as well.”

“So how can I fix it?” I asked despairingly.

“You have the power needed to fix everything,” Din said simply. She held the sword out to me, and I saw that the stone had been reattached to the hilt. “You see this? You did that.” I looked up at her in disbelief. “You have a lot more power than you realize, you’re just not ready to handle it yet. But we’ll show you how to access a little bit of it.” She held the sword out to me. “Use this to fight with. It was meant for the one who would plunge Hyrule into a bit chaos,” a wry smile crossed her face, “but they would also be the one to repair the damage.”

I took the sword from her and looked at it. Repair the damage…

“When the time comes, focus all of your energy erasing the damage. That’s all you need to do.”

The other two came, and they stood around me, then they chanted something, and a blinding white light surrounded me. When I could see again, I was on the edge of the forest, looking out at the battlefield.

All this time I can’t believe I couldn’t see,
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me,
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems,
Got to open my eyes to everything

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Okay, I was ready to kill you after leaving me hanging with the end of Chapter 22, but you posted Chapter 23 directly after it, so I'm happy now. So, Lya almost died, was saved by the three Goddesses of Hyrule, was shown what has happened since her "death", and now has come back with the sword to fix all of this mess. Man, I really hope she can fix all of this. I mean, I have faith in her, but this situation has gotten really out of control. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and about the lyrics, I know the song in the first chapter was "How to Save a Life" by the Fray (one of my favorite bands, by the way), but I didn't recognize the song in the second chapter. What is it?

HeartOfTheHero

Okay, I was ready to kill you after leaving me hanging with the end of Chapter 22, but you posted Chapter 23 directly after it, so I'm happy now.
thank Keeper of Memory, she was bugging me yesterday, so I posted chapter 23. i was planning on leaving you all guessing for a few days, but i guess i was in a little bit of a nicer mood yesterday, lol
So, Lya almost died, was saved by the three Goddesses of Hyrule, was shown what has happened since her "death", and now has come back with the sword to fix all of this mess. Man, I really hope she can fix all of this. I mean, I have faith in her, but this situation has gotten really out of control. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
yeah, it's basically turned into a slightly less chaotic version of hell at the moment. you would think that things couldn't get any worse...
Oh, and about the lyrics, I know the song in the first chapter was "How to Save a Life" by the Fray (one of my favorite bands, by the way), but I didn't recognize the song in the second chapter. What is it?
"Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence
did it fit this chapter? i was having a hard time finding a song, and i'm not sure if it worked...

HeartOfTheHero

omg i just caught up. my mouth was haning open most of the time i read this. i have 2 words. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suspence!! o_O moar!!!
so basically you looked like this > :53: right? that's the response i was hoping for :lol:

hopefully this will satisfy all of your story reading needs for the week, because i don't know when i'll be able to post the next chapter, so here is 24!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 24

Hear the sound of the falling rain,
Coming down like an Armageddon flame,
The shame,
The ones who died without a name

The battle raged on, although it was in an entirely different style now. Those who remained fighting to protect Castle Town were scattered throughout the field, taking shelter where they could, and using any tactics that they could think of in order to survive while holding back the monsters. Fires were slowly spreading from the flaming arrows that the monsters were shooting. The field was covered with blood and bodies.

I could feel rage building up inside of me, as I looked out at the remains of the battle. The sky darkened as a huge thunderstorm appeared. I looked up and held my arms out a bit as the rain started coming down in sheets. I breathed in deeply, and dashed at the closest group of monsters.

They never saw me coming, so it was easy to kill them. Once they were gone I ordered the soldiers that had been fighting them before to fall back closer to the castle. They just stared up at me shock and fear. I can’t say that I blamed them, since I probably looked like some sort of witch, my hair frizzing out a bit from the rain, my eyes flaring, and the lightning from the storm illuminating the sky behind me.

When they took off, I went on to the next group of monsters. I went on like this for close to an hour, and I had sent a good portion of the remaining warriors back towards the castle, where they would have a few more places to hide while keeping back any monsters that got past the remaining soldiers. I also had a small group who had chosen to stay with me. We fought our way through the front line of Ganondorf’s troops, and caught up with another group of our soldiers who had managed to do the same.

“You there!” I called out to the group, shouting to be heard above the storm, once we had killed the monsters surrounding us, “Who’s in charge of your group?”

“I don’t know ma’am,” shouted back one of the soldiers, “originally Link was with us, but we lost track of him a while back, so we decided to just keep going.”

I bit back a cry of despair. “Where’s the last place that you remember seeing him?”

“Over by the cliffs close to the Castle wall!” someone shouted out.

I nodded, then turned to soldiers following me, “Go with them!” I ordered.

“But ma’am, you’ll need someone to watch your back!” shouted one.

“I’ll be fine! Go help them!” I turned and ran back towards the castle.

There was a section of the castle, which had a higher wall than the rest, which extended out beyond the town. Some cliffs, smaller than the ones in the desert, but still high, was very close to this wall, and it was the perfect place for someone to try and infiltrate the castle. By climbing up the cliffs, they would be able to get over to the wall, and climb over it.

I was running as fast as I could, which might not have been the best idea, because the combination of blood and rainwater covering the field made it extremely slippery. So when I came across a group of monsters, I tried to skid to a stop and ended up face first in the mud.

While I was struggling to get out of the mud (Why does deep mud always suck you down and make it impossible to get up quickly when you’re in a desperate situation?) they spread out and circled around me. There were two lizalfos, a few Stalfos, and a dark nut, all leering down at me.

“Well, this is awkward…”

I jerked my sword up and took a swing at one of the Stalfos. My aim was off, and I ended up hitting the dark nut instead, so my sword just bounced off of his armor. Now they were all glaring (and in the case of the lizalfos, snarling) at me.

“Look guys, I really don’t have time for this, so if you don’t mind, I would really like to be going,” I said as I lunged at the Stalfos again. This time my aim was dead on, and it fell apart. Before I could turn and attack any of the other monsters, one of the lizalfos slashed me across the back with its sword. I couldn’t hold back a scream, and I heard them all chuckle. I spun around and screamed in rage, about to swing my sword at it, when a bolt of lightning flashed and hit it dead on.

Before I could fully process what had happened, the rest of them had run off, screaming like little girls. That was really pathetic. I shook my head and started running again.

By the time I had reached the wall, I was feeling calmer, and my rage had faded. The storm had moved off, clearing the sky enough to let a few rays of the setting sun fall down on Hyrule. I hesitated, trying to decide where to go, when I saw a shadow flit across one of the spaces where the cliffs were very close to the wall. I gripped my sword tighter and ran through the opening. A force field appeared once I was on the other side, blocking any route to escape.

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies,
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives,
On holiday

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Hooray!!! Lya is fighting now, and she is kicking some major ass. So, now she is trapped by a force field. Who was the one who trapped her in the force field? Ganondorf? Link? I really can't wait to find out. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and the song was "Holiday" by Green Day (one of my favorite bands!!!).

HeartOfTheHero

Chapter 25

Heaven’s gates won’t open up for me,
With these broken wings I’m fallin’,
And all I see is you

I stood in the middle of a large circular field that was surrounded by a combination of cliffs and high walls. There was only one entrance, which was blocked off by the force field that had just appeared. The ground in the field was rough, like a battle had been fought there recently.

I tried to ignore the pain from all of my wounds, which had become more numerous than I realized throughout the battles. My hair was wildly cascading down over my face, and I could barely see through it. I pushed it back away from my face with my left hand. In my right hand I kept a firm grip on the sword. The beautiful designs that covered the blade were barely visible, because it was covered in the blood of all of the monsters that I had killed.

A sound, like someone laughing quietly, came from behind me. I spun around and saw Hannah standing behind me. I took a few steps backwards and tried to find a way out.

“You can’t get out,” she said darkly. She took a few steps towards me and lifted the sword that she held. The last few rays of the setting sun reflected off of the blades clean and gleaming surface, which had remained unused in the battle that was still going on, on the other side of the force field. “Stop fighting it.”

“Why should I?” I shot back at her.

“Because,” her tone was menacing, and unlike anything I’d ever heard from her before. “I have him.” She pulled someone out from behind a clump of bushes that was by the cliff. Grabbing a handful of their hair, she jerked their head up so I could see their face. Then she put her sword across their throat. “Will you really let him die for you?”

I tried to hold back a gasp and I felt tears of shock coming to my eyes. “Hannah, let him go!”

“Why? So you can run away and forget about your real friends? You’ve know me since we were little kids. How long have you known him? A few months, that’s it. And who is it that you’ve chosen to stand by and try to protect? Your long time friend? No! You chose this pathetic excuse of a hero!”

“That’s not true! I was trying to help you! I came back for you!” I cried.

“Oh, is that so? Well that’s not what I heard. You didn’t feel like trying to help me anymore, so you left me to die! Fortunately, I made a deal, but unlike you, I plan to keep my bargain with Ganondorf. By killing him,” she gave her captive a violent shake.

“Lya…what does…she mean?” he asked in a pained whisper. We both turned to look at him. Neither of us had realized that he was still conscious.

“You mean you didn’t tell him?” she asked maliciously. “You didn’t tell him that you were working for Ganondorf the whole time?” He cried out as she jerked him up so we could look each other in the eyes. “She betrayed you.”

“No!” tears were streaming down my face as I looked into his eyes, “Link… I didn’t… I didn’t want to…” I couldn’t keep myself from sobbing as I looked away, so I didn’t have to see his expression. I couldn’t speak above a whisper as I said, “I didn’t have a choice…”

“That’s one of the worst lies I’ve ever heard!” Hannah snarled. I turned to look at her with wide eyes, and saw her smirk at me. She knows it’s not true… she just wants to turn him against me… don’t believe her, Link … please, don’t believe her…

“Lya…” his voice was weak, and he could barely talk, but he held his hand out to me. I felt like my heart was breaking all over again.

“She’s not worth your devotion! She’ll abandon you at the first chance she gets. I should know. It’s what she did to me!” Hannah shouted at him as she gave another vicious tug to his hair.

“Hannah stop! You don’t have to hurt him! Please, just let him go. I’ll do whatever you want, I swear, just let him go,” I tried to keep my voice strong, but it didn’t work. She just gave me a triumphant look and shifted her grip on her sword.

“What I want is for you to regret not coming for me. What I want is to watch this stupid kingdom go up in flames and see you go with it. What I want is to show the entire universe what you really are!” With that, she shoved Link down so that he fell flat on the ground, and she ran past me as I rushed over to Link. When I looked over my shoulder, I saw her pass through the force field, and climb over the castle wall. I didn’t stop to consider the fact that she was moving faster than humanly possible.

“Link,” I knelt down and gently moved him so that he was lying on his back instead of face down. His eyes were closed, and there was a thin line of blood where Hannah had held her sword, but when I looked closer I realized that it wasn’t much more than a scratch.

“Lya,” he kept his eyes closed, and I leaned closer to hear him better, “what was she talking about, bargaining with Ganondorf?”

I sighed softly and looked back towards the force field. I closed my eyes for a moment and wished that it would disappear so that I could get Link some help because I could tell that he was in bad shape, from whatever had happened earlier. When I opened my eyes, it was gone. Did I do that? No, I couldn’t have…

“I promise I’ll explain everything,” I said as I pulled him to his feet, and let him lean on me for support, “but first, we need to get into the castle. I have a feeling things are about to get really messy in there.” I started walking slowly, but Link held me back for a minute. I turned to look at him.

“I thought…” he looked at me disbelievingly, “I thought you had died, when Ganondorf’s castle was destroyed…” He pushed my hair gently away from my face. “How did you get out?”

“How did you know I was there?” I asked as I tossed my head a little, and my hair fell back over my eyes. He laughed softly and brushed it back again.

“I just knew. Now, how did you get out before the explosion?” He looked down at me questioningly.

“I didn’t,” I chuckled at his confused expression, “the goddesses healed me after the explosion almost killed me. Then they sent me back here.”

He just looked at me for a few seconds, then shook his head and started walking. “Alright fine, don’t tell me.”

“I’m being serious!”

“Sure you are.” He sounded angry, but when I looked over at him I could see that he was smiling. His smile faded when we got past the entrance to the field and we saw what lay beyond.

There was no one left standing between Ganondorf’s monsters and the castle, and they were all headed straight for it, ready to attack.

Show me what it’s like,
To be the last one standing,
Teach me wrong from right,
And I’ll show you what I can be

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Okay, so Hannah was under some kind of spell, right? Man, I hope that wasn't really her talking back there; what she had said was totally mean and evil. So, Link and Lya are reunited now. I wonder if they will get over this; well, actually, I know they will get over it, I'm just want to know how all this will effect their relationship. Well, I guess you'll explain everything soon. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and the song was "Savin' Me" by Nickelback (another one of my favorite bands!!!).

HeartOfTheHero

Okay, so Hannah was under some kind of spell, right? Man, I hope that wasn't really her talking back there; what she had said was totally mean and evil. So, Link and Lya are reunited now. I wonder if they will get over this; well, actually, I know they will get over it, I'm just want to know how all this will effect their relationship. Well, I guess you'll explain everything soon. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and the song was "Savin' Me" by Nickelback (another one of my favorite bands!!!).
no, that really was her talking, she's officially gone over to the dark side
awesome chappy!! lya and link are so adorable together!!!!! X3
i know right!

sorry it's going to take me a little while longer before I can put the next chapter up. although if i finish my Creative Writing assignment then i will have some time to work on this, so i might put another chapter up later today. it depends on what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back