• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Lya's Story (prequel to Shades of Gray and The Death/Return of a Hero)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartOfTheHero

I so loved that chapter!!!! That was so romantic. I absolutely loved the kissing scene; it was so beautiful. So, these two are now an official couple, right? Man, if this is the case, part of me is really scared to see what happens when Zelda finds out; I predict a catfight. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, last thing, waht was the name of the song? Doesn't seem familiar to me.
yeah they're officially a couple now. I have no idea what will happen when Zelda finds out, but it should be pretty interesting, I'm getting all kinds of ideas just thinking about it ....
the song for this chapter was "Before It's Too Late" by the Goo Goo Dolls. If you haven't heard it before I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorite songs, and it's also the song that I think Link and Lya should have been dancing too.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
yeah they're officially a couple now. I have no idea what will happen when Zelda finds out, but it should be pretty interesting, I'm getting all kinds of ideas just thinking about it ....
the song for this chapter was "Before It's Too Late" by the Goo Goo Dolls. If you haven't heard it before I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorite songs, and it's also the song that I think Link and Lya should have been dancing too.

Okay, cool. And yes, it will be definitely interesting to see what happens between Lya and Zelda; I cannot wait to see what happens. Oh, and I have heard that Goo Goo Dolls song, it has just been a while since I have heard it, and I think that it does reflect Lya and Link well.

HeartOfTheHero

i think this is the longest chapter so far, lol
anyways, here is the long awaited cat-fight. hopefully it's as good as you all expected. if not, let me know and i'll either try to add more, or i'll add another one further on in the story :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14

He was a skater boy,
She said, “See you later boy,”
He wasn’t good enough for her,
She had a pretty face,
But her head was up in space,
She needed to come back down to earth

I woke up to a bright and sunny morning, and sat up with a jolt. That was the best dream I’ve ever had, I thought as I glanced out the window, but that would never happen in real life. I stood up and got dressed. When I was about to leave my room, I happened to look over at the nightstand next to my bed. Lying on it was a dark red rose. I walked over to it and picked it up. As I spun it gently in my hands, I realized that it looked just like the one that Link had given me in my dream. Towards the end of my dream, when we had snuck back into the village, Link had taken one of the roses from his grandmother’s garden. It had looked just like the one that I was holding now.

Then it hit me. It wasn’t a dream! I nearly dropped the rose as I recalled every detail from the past night. I couldn’t believe it, and just as I was about to pinch myself to make sure that I was still awake when someone knocked at my door.

“Lya, are you awake yet?” Now I did drop the rose. It was Link. “We have to get to the castle soon, or Zelda will be really mad at us.” I picked up the rose quickly and set it back on my nightstand before opening the door. “Hey sleepyhead, it’s about time you woke up,” he said with a warm smile. Then he leaned down and kissed me lightly on the cheek before turning and heading back downstairs. “C’mon, we can eat breakfast at the castle.”

I followed him downstairs and outside, where he had Epona ready, and we rode to the castle. On the way there, I realized that if Zelda found out what had happened last night, she would probably kill me. Well bring it on, I thought to myself, she can try anything she wants; she won’t get me to give up Link.

“Hey Lya?” Link said over his shoulder.

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course,” I said, “What is it?”

“Why are you and Zelda always bickering?” Oh shoot, I thought he hadn’t noticed… “I can tell you both try to keep me from finding out about it, but I can tell that you don’t really like each other, and I was just wondering why.”

“Well …… um……” he turned and looked straight at me, like he knew I was trying to think of something else to tell him instead of the truth. Whenever he gave me that look I couldn’t tell him anything but the truth. “When we’re arguing and stuff, it’s usually about … you …” I said hesitatingly.

“Me?” he asked in a slightly confused tone, “that doesn’t make any sense. Zelda has no reason to argue with you about me.”

I gave him a skeptical look. “You honestly believe that? I think she might be in love with you. She certainly acts possessive of you.” Link’s face went blank for a moment, so I continued. “Whenever I’m near you, she gives me these warning looks, and when I’m not with you she says things like ‘you’d better stay away from him’ and things like that.”

Link kept his expression blank for a few more seconds, then he starting laughing so hard he almost fell off Epona.

“What’s so funny?” I asked in confusion.

“I just can’t believe that after all this time, she finally changed her mind about me,” he stopped laughing and looked back at me, “a while ago, I tried to get her to go out with me, but she turned me down without a second thought. She said I wasn’t good enough for her and that she would never be able to be with someone like me, but she still wanted to be my friend.”

All of a sudden I felt sick. He used to like her, and he probably still does, she’s beautiful. When we get to the castle he’ll probably go right up to her and tell her how he feels and he’ll forget about me. Of course he will, she’s a princess, and I’m just a girl who got lost and can’t get home (not that I want to).

“Hey,” Link said softly as he looked at my expression, “just because I used to like her doesn’t mean I still do.” Is it really that easy to tell what I’m thinking? “Now I think of her as just a friend. You’re the one that I want to be with.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“Really?” Instead of saying anything, he kissed me gently on the lips and turned to face forward again.

When we got to the castle, Zelda was waiting for us in the garden.

“What took you so long??” she demanded in her high pitched whine.

“We didn’t get started as early as we thought we would,” Link said as he flopped down of one of the benches. I sat next to him, and he put his arm around my shoulders.

When Zelda saw this, she nearly had a heart attack. I enjoyed every moment of her reaction, but then I realized that I should stop being so mean to her. The only reason that I did everything before was because we were both jealous of one another. I had no reason to be jealous of her now, so why should I keep torturing her? That didn’t mean that I was going to act distant from Link while she was around. Far from it.

She managed to regain her composure after a few minutes, while Link and I just pretended like we didn’t see her freaking out. Once she could look at us without getting a murderous look in her eyes, she politely asked Link if he would mind checking in the kitchen to see if our breakfast was ready yet. He nodded and stood up to leave.

“Play nice, you two,” he said as he walked into the castle.

Zelda kept a sweet look on her face until she was sure he was far enough away. Then she turned and looked at me. I gulped and stood up slowly. This is not going to be good…

She walked towards me slowly and gave me a glare that made me feel like a small animal being stalked by a tiger. She came at me with her eyes narrowed and her fists clenched at her sides.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” she demanded in a tight voice.

“I don’t know what you mean,” I said innocently.

“Don’t lie to me!” she shrieked, “Link is mine and you’re trying to take him!!!!!” Before I could respond she dove at me and started pulling at my hair. She wasn’t very creative in a fight. Her shrieking and screaming were doing more damage to me than she was by pulling my hair. I gave her a swift kick to the shin which made her let go of me and I backed up quickly out of her reach.

“Are you insane??” I screamed at her, “What the hell are you doing?? I didn’t do anything to you! It’s not my fault that Link doesn’t like you anymore!”

I was planning on running into the castle to get away from her, but she came at me again (she was still pretty fast, despite the fact that she was limping badly since I kicked her). I couldn’t get away fast enough, and she caught me again. This time she wasn’t pulling my hair.

As she tried to hit me in the face, I dodged to the left and she missed me. I backed up a little and looked at her. Clearly she had gone insane, so what was I supposed to do? She shrieked and came at me again. Okay, now that’s getting old.

“How could you do this???” she screamed in my face, “I love him!! And now you’re trying to steal him from me!!!!!”

“Last time I checked he didn’t belong to anyone!” I shouted back. “And I happen to know that he used to like you, but you turned him down. So guess what, YOU DON’T HAVE RIGHTS TO HIM! Oh, there’s something else you should know, too,” I leaned even closer to her and whisper in a harsh tone “he likes someone else now.”

“That’s impossible! What makes you think he likes you?”

“Maybe because he KISSED me last night!”

She gasped and her eyes got huge, “You’re LYING!! He would never kiss you!”

“He did! And he told me that I’m the one he wants to be with now!”

I have no idea how to describe the sound that Zelda made when I said this. It was part gasp, part shriek, and part sob. Then she dove at me and started kicking and hitting me with all of her might. I didn’t have much of a choice, so I kicked and hit her back. When Link walked into the garden a few moments later, he found us in an all-out brawl.

“What is wrong with you two?!” he shouted as he pulled us apart.

We both jumped back and stared at each other. Zelda’s hair was sticking out at almost every angle, and her dress was ripped a little bit. She had bruises on her face and arms, and her nose was bleeding a little bit. I imagined that I didn’t look much better.

Link stared at both of us, waiting for an explanation. Zelda just glared at me through her hair, which was falling down over her face. It was clear she wasn’t going to say anything, and I certainly wasn’t going to. Link sighed and looked back and forth between the two of us for a few seconds, then he closed his eyes and pushed his hair back with one hand.

“Okay, I think I know why you were fighting. And let me just say this, I’m disappointed in both of you.” Zelda and I both looked down in shame. “Now, I want an explanation from both of you. Once I have that, I’m taking Lya back to the village and you’re both going to think about how juvenile your behavior has been.” Zelda and I both started to protest, but he stopped us. “No, don’t say anything yet. Zelda come with me, I want to hear your side of the story first. Lya, stay there.” He turned and Zelda followed him out of the garden. She shot a triumphant look over her shoulder at me. I slumped down on one of the benches and waited for them to come back.

I looked up as Link came back into the garden a few minutes later. Zelda wasn’t with him. I jumped up and started to try and explain everything, but he stopped me before I could say very much. Instead of letting me tell him what had happened, he led me out of the castle. We were at the fountain in Castle Town before he stopped.

“Link, let me –”

“Lya, don’t worry about it,” he looked down at me with a slightly amused expression. “And don’t worry about Zelda anymore. She won’t say anything to you about us. I explained everything to her.”

“Wait, you ‘explained everything to her’? How did you keep her from trying to kill me again?”

He sighed and looked back towards the castle. “She not as irrational as you might think.” Or she just doesn’t want you to see her true colors…

“Well don’t you want to know what really happened when we were fighting?”

“Not really,” he laughed a little bit as he said it. “I know we need to tell Zelda everything that happened at Ganondorf’s castle, but I think we should wait for another day so she has time to relax. She seemed like she was in shock.”

“Ya think?” I asked as I headed for the edge of Castle Town. I looked back at the castle before I had gotten too far, and I saw Zelda looking out one of the windows with a furious look on her face. I just smiled and waved at her, then I turned and walked out of Castle Town. Victory is mine… I thought with a grin.

Sorry girl but you missed out,
Well tough luck that boy’s mine now,
We are more than just good friends,
This is how the story ends

HeartOfTheHero

hey everyone! sorry it's taken so long, I had a bit of writer's block and school has made my life so busy
anyways, here's the next chapter
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15

Send in your skeletons,
Sing as their bones go marching in again,
They need you buried deep,
The secrets that you keep are ever ready,
Are you ready?

A few days after my fight with Zelda, I was helping Link’s grandmother with some chores in and around the house. Link had gone to a village that was a few miles away to help some of the people there settle an argument.

I was out in the woods looking for some plants and things that she wanted for various recipes and other uses. There was one herb that I couldn’t find at all. I was getting so frustrated, because I knew that it was one that she needed more that the others, and it didn’t look like there was any on the edge of the forest.

So, me being the stupid, overconfident person that I am, I decided to go farther into the woods despite the fact that we weren’t supposed to. Ganondorf’s monsters hadn’t been attacking as frequently, but there was always a chance that you might stumble across one when you least expected. I didn’t have my sword or any other weapons with me, and that was a big mistake.

I had gone pretty far, and I knew that I was probably too far for anyone in the village to hear me if I called them. I kept going anyway.

A branch snapped behind me, and I spun around. Two lizalfos had come up behind me. I turned to run only to find that several more had encircled me. Great job Lya, I thought, how are you going to get yourself out of this one? As I waited for one of them to attack me, another lizalfo came forward. This one was larger than the others, and it wore armor.

“Good afternoon, lady,” it said as it came closer to me. I couldn’t hide a shudder at the sound of its voice. “Lord Ganondorf has a message for you, would you be so kind as to accompany us back to his castle?” Its dry voice was dripping with sarcasm, like it knew that I would refuse. The propriety of its ‘request’ seemed very forced and awkward.

“Tell ‘Lord Ganondorf’ that I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it today,” I said in the same forced polite tone. I turned and tried to pass through the group of lizalfos blocking my path. They didn’t move at all, just like I knew they wouldn’t. I turned back to the leader. “I see no reason why I should have to go to his castle. Especially when I don’t care what it is he has to say. So you tell him that if he has something to say, he can come down here and tell me,” I declared stubbornly and waited for the lizalfo’s response.

“That can be arranged,” it hissed. It almost seemed amused as it turned and disappeared into the forest, with its band of cohorts following closely behind. Once they were out of sight, I turned and ran as fast as I could back towards the village.
I hadn’t gotten more than twenty feet before Ganondorf appeared in front of me. I slid to a stop so quickly that I fell backwards and Ganondorf was standing over me. Not good…

“Hmph,” he smirked down at me, “I see you’re still trying to run from the inevitable. I suppose I should put it in perspective for you.” He held his hand out to the side and an image appeared, like a TV screen. The image was of the cell that I had been locked in when Ganondorf had captured me, but now it had a new occupant.

“…Hannah?” I whispered as I looked at the image with wide eyes.

Ganondorf laughed and waved his hand, making the image disappear. “Your friend will continue to be my guest until you finish the task that I gave you. And if you hesitate any longer, well, let’s just say that my … hospitality won’t be as generous. If you still choose to deny it, then I will kill everyone from your planet, starting with her.”

“Why,” I still couldn’t believe what he was saying, “are you doing this?”

“Because you seemed to need some convincing. I thought that it would have been more effective if I had both of your friends, but I couldn’t find the other one. Apparently he is no longer on your planet, or anywhere in Hyrule,” Ganondorf seemed a little uncertain as he said this, but he quickly regained his confident attitude. “The lizalfos probably killed him right before you used the portal to come to Hyrule.”

I couldn’t take anymore. I jumped up and dashed past Ganondorf, between the trees, and I kept running. I didn’t even know which way I was going, and I didn’t care. As I ran I heard Ganondorf’s laughter echo through the trees behind me.

When I couldn’t run anymore I collapsed. I was gasping for air and tears were streaming down my face. This isn’t fair!

No it’s not, Ganondorf’s voice pushed its way into my mind, but you don’t have a choice. Now be a good girl and go back to the village. And don’t even thing about trying to tell Link about this.

I stood up and headed back to the village. I hated every step that I took, but I knew that I had to. By the time I had gotten back to the village, you couldn’t tell that I had been crying.

As I went up to the house, I saw Link sitting on the porch waiting for me. He stood up with a smile and walked over to give me a hug. As his arms encircled me, I heard Ganondorf’s voice again.

He trusts you so much, and you’re going to stab him in the back. Such a shame, since I think he might be in love with you…

I promised myself that when this was all over, I would make Ganondorf pay for everything that he’d put me through.

In time or so I’m told,
I’m just another soul for sale, oh well,
The page is out of print, we are not permanent,
We’re temporary, temporary,
Same old story

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Holy crap!!! That son of a bitch has Lya's friend Hannah!!! Grr!!! I so hope like hell that Ganondorf gets what is coming to him; he is really staring to piss me off, but then again, he's a bad guy, so he's supposed to do that. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, and what was the song used in the chapter? I didn't recognize the lyrics.

HeartOfTheHero

lol, i love seeing your reactions
the song was "the pretender" by foo fighters again. i'll probably use it one more time later in the story, but it's the only song that i'm going to use more than once. i think if i had to pick one song that would describe this whole story that's probably the song i would use.
i'll try and finish the next chapter soon, but i'm not sure how much time i'll have this week. as of right now it looks like i'll be able to get a few chapters done, but you never know when the teachers are going to give you a ton of homework :(

HeartOfTheHero

hey everyone!
i can't believe how long it's been since I was able to update this. school's completely taken over my life :dizzy:
anyways, i just finished chapter 16, hope you all like it!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16

Don’t want your hand this time, I’ll save myself,
Maybe I’ll wake up for once,
Not tormented … daily defeated by you,
Just when I thought I’d reached the bottom

I stood in the middle of a large circular field that was surrounded by a combination of cliffs and high walls. There was only one entrance that I could see, and it was blocked off by some sort of force field. The ground in the field was rough, like a battle had been fought there recently.

I had smears of blood on my face and I had cuts and slashes all over me. My hair was wildly cascading down over my face, and I could barely see through it. I pushed it back away from my face with my left hand. In my right hand I held a sword. It had a beautiful design on the hilt and the upper part of the blade, which probably continued farther down, but I couldn’t tell because the lower half was covered in blood.

A sound, like someone laughing quietly, came from behind me. I spun around and saw Hannah standing behind me. I took a few steps backwards and tried to find a way out.

“You can’t get out,” she said darkly. She took a few steps towards me and lifted the sword that she held. The last few rays of the setting sun reflected off of the blades clean and gleaming surface, which had remained unused in the battle that had been fought just a few moments earlier. “Stop fighting it.”

“Why should I?” I shot back at her.

“Because,” her tone was menacing, and unlike anything I’d ever heard from her before. “I have him.” She pulled someone out from behind a clump of bushes that was by the cliff. Grabbing a handful of their hair, she jerked their head up so I could see their face. Then she put her sword across their throat. “Will you really let him die for you?”

“NO!” I screamed as I jerked up and nearly fell out of bed. I sat there gasping for a few seconds and then looked around trying to figure out where I was. After a little bit I realized that I was in my room at Link’s grandmother’s house. I tried to relax, but I was shaking so badly that I couldn’t do anything but think about the dream I had just had. More like a nightmare.

The door creaked open and I had to fight back a scream. “Lya, are you alright?” Link leaned around the door just enough to see my face. “Hey,” he said worriedly as he saw my face, “What’s wrong?” He sat next to me and put his arm around me.

I started to tell him, but then I realized that I couldn’t without telling about Ganondorf’s threats from the day before. So instead I just broke into sobs and let him hold me.

“Hey, it’s okay,” he whispered soothingly, “it was just a dream.”

“It’s just that…” I looked up at him and felt instantly calmer, “it was so real…”

“Well it wasn’t, so you don’t have to worry about it,” he smiled warmly and kissed me lightly on the lips. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No.”

“Okay,” he sighed and stood up to go back to his room. “G’night.”

He closed my door softly, and I laid back down to try and go back to sleep.

The next morning, I went downstairs with a massive headache and an overall bad mood. I felt miserable from lack of sleep, and I wasn’t in the mood to deal with the whole Ganondorf crisis. But of course, the Dark Lord couldn’t leave me alone until after breakfast.

Couldn’t sleep? his voice cackled its way into my mind.

Don’t bother me, I growled back at him, I don’t want to talk right now.

You don’t get to decide when you hear from me, he snarled, Now, I have an assignment for you today.

I’m not your errand girl.

Oh, but you are, or have you forgotten our little arrangement?

I never made an arrangement with you, you forced it on me.

Never mind the details, his voice took on a very commanding tone, I happen to know that Link will be traveling to a little village on the edge of the desert today. You need to make sure that he takes you with him. While you’re there, you need to meet up with another of my agents.

How will I know that they’re your agent? I asked sharply. Are they going to be wearing a name tag or something? If not, then I highly doubt that I’ll know it’s them unless I go asking around. And I thought you didn’t want anyone knowing that you’re threatening me into serving you.

I see your attitude is something that we’re going to have to work on. Just get away from Link for a little while, and they will find you. Once they have, they’ll give you further instructions. And you had better follow them, for your friend’s sake.

I didn’t bother with a response, and his voice faded away.

“Lya, are you listening to me??” Link sounded exasperated as he tried to get my attention.

“What? Oh, sorry. What were you saying?”

“I said I’m going to a village that’s on the edge of the desert today, but I think you should stay here.”

“But I, no, I have to, er, I mean, why can’t I come?” I stumbled over words as I tried to come up with a good protest.

“Because you look exhausted, and I know you didn’t sleep well last night.”

“Well, I feel fine now,” I said quickly, “so there’s no reason to leave me here.”

Link considered me with a critical gaze, then sighed and looked away. “I just didn’t want you to feel like you have to come. It’s okay if you stay here for today.”

“No, I’m coming.”

Once we got to the village, it was easy for me to get away from Link. I felt awful about the whole thing, but I couldn’t find a way out of it. I promised myself that I would, though. Link went off to talk to some of the villagers and see if any of them knew what was going on with Ganondorf, since they were the closest settlement to his castle. I wandered off through the narrow, twisting streets. Because of the village’s location, there was a constant cloud of dust and sand in the air almost everywhere throughout the town.

I went around to a few little shops and vendors that were set up in the center of town. Every time I turned around I could have sworn that I saw someone standing off behind me a ways, but when I looked harder there was never anyone there. Then I came around a corner and found myself face to face with Hannah. But before I could say anything, the sand swirled up around her and she disappeared. I shook my head and scolded myself for being so jumpy. I was just seeing things.

When I had gotten a good distance away from Link, I noticed that someone was following me. They were covered from head to toe in billowing clothes that were the same color as the sand that surrounded the village and blew through the air. All that was visible of the person was their eyes. They jerked their head in a gesture that I assumed meant that I should follow them. They led me down a small side street that turned out to be a dead end.

“Lord Ganondorf sends his regards, and these,” they held out a somewhat large box to me.

“What’s that?” I asked indignantly.

“Everything you need to complete your assignment.”

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
So I don’t know what’s real and what’s not,
Always confusing the thoughts in my head,
So I can’t trust myself anymore

HeartOfTheHero

ok, hopefully i've answered most of your questions in this next chapter, if not, then there's probably a reason for it (either they will be answered later, or i don't know the answer yet)
enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17

Take a look around you; nothing’s what it seems,
We’re living in the broken home of hopes and dreams,
Let me be the first to shake a helping hand
Anybody brave enough to take a stand,
I’ve knocked on every door, on every dead end street,
Looking for forgiveness,
What’s left to believe?

Some clothes, a bit of makeup, a few herbs, and a note. That’s all that was in the box. The clothes were like the robes that most of the desert villagers wore, the color of sand, which made it very easy to blend into the background. The makeup was for darkening my skin, and if I put them in a drink the herbs would temporarily change my eye color.

Don’t you think this is a bit melodramatic? I thought as I looked through everything. I wasn’t expecting an answer, and I didn’t get one. I pulled the note out and looked over the instructions. Simple enough.

I tied my hair up and pulled the robes on over my clothes. After I used the makeup, and drank a cup of water with the herbs in it, I glanced at my reflection in one of the dirty windows of the building near me.

I looked like a completely different person. I could easily walk by anyone who knew me, and they would never recognize me. My light brown eyes had been darkened to black, and my skin was the same dark shade as most of the villagers’. With the robes covering the rest of me, you couldn’t tell that I had my other clothes on underneath. I smiled at my reflection for just an instant, then went on my way.

My destination was a cavern that was a few miles away from the village. Normally it would have been a simple and quick walk, there was a strong wind blowing, and it just so happened to be blowing in the opposite direction that I had to go. Great.

After fighting my way through the miniature sandstorm for what felt like days, I finally managed to get to the cavern. Once I got inside the entrance, I looked around and found myself at the end of a long tunnel. I cautiously made me way down it, keeping one hand on the concealed knife. After a few minutes, the tunnel ended in a large cave, with a ceiling so high that it was lost in darkness. The lower part of the room was lit with torches that were mounted on the wall at various intervals. The room was bare except for a stone dais that rose up in the center of the room. On it sat a deep blue stone.

The stone had strands of lighter blues and greens covering the surface. Its shape wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, and neither was its size. Nothing about it would suggest that it was worth walking through a sandstorm to find. I sighed and shook my head. If this was all Ganondorf would need me to do, then I didn’t see a problem with it.

I started to walk up to the dais, but as I did, the walls shook, and the entrance to the tunnel behind me was suddenly blocked by a panel of stone that had slid in front of it.

“Oh, come on!” I shouted in frustration. “That’s just not fair.” I slumped against the wall and glared around the room. There was no way out that I could see. I jerked the note that had been in the box out of my pocket and glared down at it.

Use the contents of this box to change your appearance. This will help you to sneak out of the village unnoticed. Go west out of the village and continue in that direction until you reach the desert cliffs. You will find an entrance to a cavern in the upper part of the cliffs. In the cavern there is supposed to be an item that the desert keeps safe. Acquire it and bring it to me.

That was it. No warning about how the door would close as soon as I entered the room. No tips for escape. Nothing.

I crumpled the note up and stuffed it back in my pocket, then looked around the room again. The stone kept drawing my attention, so I went over to study it closer.

There was absolutely nothing about it that made it seems so important that it needed security. But still…there has to be a reason. I reached out and lifted it off the dais and waited a few seconds. Nothing happened.

Then I heard a grinding sound, like stone sliding against stone, and I looked over at where the door was. It was still blocked. I turned around and found that another passage had opened on the other side of the room. Interesting…

I walked over to it without hesitation and tried to see the end of it, but it continued back to far for me to see. I took a few seconds to consider my options, and decided to see where it led.

At the end of this passage was another room, but this one was considerably smaller than the last. It only had one torch burning on the back wall, and it was bright enough to light the entire room. It the center of this room, was a short stone pedestal. Rising elegantly from this pedestal was a sword. It had gorgeous designs covering the hilt and almost all of the blade. There was an inscription on the wall behind it, but it was in an old dialect of Hylian that I didn’t know how to read.

If I had been able to read it at that time, I probably wouldn’t have pulled out the sword. But I couldn’t read it. And I did pull out the sword.

As I held it up to the light to admire the gleaming blade, the ground started to shake, and the ceiling started to come down. I turned and ran as fast as I could back down the corridor, sword in hand. When I got back to the larger room, there was good news and bad news. The good news: the other door was open now. The bad news: I found myself facing a group of Stalfos, and they didn’t look happy.

“Hey guys, I don’t suppose you would mind letting me through?” I asked as I held the sword out in front of me, preparing for a fight. Not surprisingly, they didn’t respond to what I said, and they charged at me. Big mistake.

I leapt back and forth, slashing and lunging at all of them. In just a few moments they were all dead and I was back to running out of the collapsing cavern. I made it out just in time and stood panting just outside of the entrance, which looked no different that the surrounding cliffs.

When I finally looked out at the desert, I was prepared to be facing the sandstorm again, and I was shocked to find that it was gone, and there was no sign that it had ever been there in the first place. Weird…

I made it back to the village without incident (I hid the sword under my robe so none of the villagers would see it and ask where I had gotten it), and I spotted Link right away. He looked really worried, and he was searching everywhere for me. He asked everyone who he saw if they had seen me. I walked up to him with a slightly ashamed look on my face.

“Have you seen the girl who was with me?” he asked as I came up to him. What? I gave him a blank stare. “She has light brown eyes, and a light tan. She has kind of the same hair color as you, and she’s your height. Do you know where she went?” I just stared at him. Why doesn’t he recognize me? Then I realized that I still looked like one of the villagers.

I silently cursed my stupidity and shook my head in answer to his questions. When he turned to ask someone else if they had seen me I took off in the opposite direction. I found a young girl and paid her to tell Link that she had seen me leaving the village and heading back home. After I made sure that she told him, I left and started heading home.

At the first stream I came to I washed my face and took off the robe. I was about to leave it on the ground, but then I changed my mind and used it to wrap up the sword. I stuck the stone in my pocket with the note and started back home again.

Somehow I managed to get home without Link catching up with me, and I quickly hid the sword under my bed. Then I headed into the woods and waited.

I didn’t have to wait long. A small band of lizalfos appeared in front of me and we stood glaring at each other for a while. I held out the stone to the leader.

“Take this to Ganondorf.”

It didn’t respond, just took the stone and went back into the woods.

Mission accomplished, but not quite, I thought with a smirk as I wandered back home. I wonder how long it’ll take him to figure it out.

Oh, if there’s one thing I hang onto,
That gets me through the night,
I ain’t gonna do what I don’t want to,
I’m gonna live my life

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm going to try and draw the sword when I have time, but I might not get around to it for a while

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
So, which was the more important of the two? The sword or the stone? I have a feeling that the sword is more important, but I'm not really sure. Oh well, all will be revealed soon I hope. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, what were the lyrics to the song in this chapter? They didn't look familiar.

HeartOfTheHero

the task wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. but im thinking that it will cause a lot of damage, right?
it's going to influence some future events, i just haven't decided how yet

So, which was the more important of the two? The sword or the stone? I have a feeling that the sword is more important, but I'm not really sure. Oh well, all will be revealed soon I hope. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more. Oh, what were the lyrics to the song in this chapter? They didn't look familiar.
The sword is definitely more important. The stone was more of a decoy, sort of, but it might have some importance, i haven't decided yet

lyrics - Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi

HeartOfTheHero

ok, this isn't part of the story, but it is somewhat related to the story. this is what i just wrote for my creative writing class this week.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Side Story (Untitled)
Part 1

Long ago, in a desert that bordered several prosperous kingdoms, a tribe of poor nomads built a small village. Their village thrived, and the surrounding kingdoms began to wonder how they were able to survive so easily in such a barren wasteland. Eventually, the kingdoms became concerned with the fact that the desert village was constantly growing, and they felt threatened by them. They decided to send someone to the village to find out what they were up to.

They chose a soldier named Fortis, who was one of their best commanders. He went to the desert village and asked if he could stay with them for a short time. They were a peaceful people, and they accepted him without question. In only a short time, Fortis had become familiar with the people’s habits and customs. Everything about them seemed humble and friendly, and he couldn’t find any reason for the kingdoms to be concerned.

The only strange thing that Fortis found in the village was a sword that stood erect in the center of the village. It rose out of a small pedestal, which had an inscription in one of the old desert languages that he couldn’t read. The sword itself was one of the most beautifully designed ones that Fortis had ever seen. It had a glossy, light silver colored blade, with a design that spread down towards the tip. The design consisted of a series of pale blue-green diamonds and dark silver lines. The hilt was a light blue that had a tint of violet in it. A bright blue stone that had strands of lighter blues and greens was inlaid in the hilt.

Fortis had tried to examine the sword more closely, but every time he tried he was stopped by a villager who stood nearby. With a polite but firm voice, they would ask him to step away and go on about his business. This bothered him, because the villagers had been very straightforward with him about everything before. If these are truly peaceful people, then why do they have this sword? he thought to himself.

The leader of the village, Verum, noticed Fortis’s interest in the sword and realized that a problem was about to arise.

“Fortis,” Verum said as he approached Fortis a few days later, “some of my people have told me that you have been asking about our sword. Tell me, what is it that interests you so?”

“I’m curious,” Fortis responded carefully, “about why your people would need such a weapon when you claim to hate violence.” He watched Verum’s expression carefully as he turned to gaze across the village at the sword.

“You are a soldier, Fortis, so tell me, when you look at a sword, what do you see?” Fortis looked confused as he started to respond, but Verum continued talking. “As a soldier, that sword represents something very different to you than it does to my people. You see a weapon, used in war, and soldiers who find glory in battle by wielding a sword such as that one. But my people, they see a promise of protection, honor, and safety. That is all you need to know.”

Fortis nodded, and Verum smiled slightly as he walked off, convinced that Fortis now understood. In truth, Fortis felt even more uneasy. What type of people could claim that they hated violence, and keep a sword amongst themselves that they all revered? Verum had to by lying, Fortis convinced himself, and that would mean that the village really was a threat. Fortis knew that he had to return to the kingdoms to warn them of his discovery. But before he left the village, he was going to steal that sword.

That night, Fortis snuck through the village to the sword. The empty village was eerie in the moonlight, which shone down on the empty streets. The light seemed to focus around the sword as Fortis walked quietly up to it.

He hesitated a bit before he reached for it, and looked around to make sure that no one was watching. No one was in sight, so Fortis put his hand on the sword hilt and pulled it up from the pedestal. Before he left the village, he wrapped the sword in a rough cloak that he found outside someone’s house.

As soon as the sword was fully covered, the moonlight dimmed. The warm desert night suddenly became chilled, and the howls and cries of vicious animals could be heard coming from outside of the village. Fortis shivered and ran from the village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back