• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lovely Layers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHeart

Just something that I did, haven't made too much lately. CNC please.

lovelylayerstag.png

no text

lovelylayerstext.png

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
that's an awesome background

it would look better if you had the circle on the bottom right overlap the stock so it blends more.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
What he said.

I mean you could either integreate the stock more into the tag or get rid of it altogether. And again, the artificial lighting needs to go. Especially on the top right circle. Dim it down a notch and see what you get.

Yes I know the Saints lost but I'm still a lifer.

KHeart

I know this is a double post, but this is a different version, this is the one that I entered in the sotw. Should I enter this one? Or should I move the circle on the one and take the other input you told me on the current one in this thread?

lovelylayerstextfix.png

O

Oberon

^ The trouble with converting it to black and white is that usually you'll need to increase the contrast. Otherwise it becomes on giant gray blob. For instance, the brittest color you have now is this one. Original is still better.

I like the concept. Only issues would be the somewhat overexposed stock (not very, but it's noticeable) with its lack of integration and the simpleness of the type. Blend the stock a little more; it's practically its own element (and the overexpose doesn't help that), and doesn't go too well with the whole sig as a result. As for the type, it works, but I'd try and integrate it in with the little spheres you've created to add depth in the centerleft of the piece. The whole thing has more of a 3D feel so I think it'd help if applied to the type.

Awards
Looking at this tag reminded me of this
lightjr7.jpg
which I did ages ago, with the liquidated themes of pink and blue and purple.
Save for you have more contrast and whatnot.

In any case, a tag like this, I think you should remove the stock and smudge the circles, if not at least the one in the bottom right corner. The stock is slapped on there and the text really does nothing more than add filler. People always feel a tag needs text. Text doesn't do anything more than to take up room; in most cases, it's not necessary.

I think with some more elaboration on smudging and liquifying, mixed with maybe some render-working, you could have a decent piece going on.

Also- scrap the b/w piece. It's not doing this any justice. Part of what makes this piece enticing is the colors. So play around and try not to make the liquifying so noticeable. It's cool when used right, but just look out and make sure it's not all over the place.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
like mr. chocolate said, the stock just looks slapped on. it's not doing anything for the background, and at the same time, the background isn't doing anything for the stock. recently, a whole ton of your tags have looked like this where the stock is just *there*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back