• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Love?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesMohs

I have been dating a guy, "Red," for about two months now. I honestly feel like I've known him for years. We don't go a day without seeing each other, and I cannot remember the last time I stayed at my house for the night. He is smart, goofy, clever, charismatic. He listens to me, he always pays if we go out, he helps me understand things when we study together, he is never rude but always honest. He is the first guy I trust when he says he wouldn't cheat on me. It's always an adventure when I'm around him. Every thing I like in a guy, basically. I get a natural high when I'm around him. I haven't liked a guy this much since my first boyfriend. This makes me think, is it possible I love him? I like him a lot more than like, but I am not sure if I should love him this soon in the relationship.

tl;dr
When is the right time to use the "L" word?
How long should you date before it is appropriate?

OR

What is Love?
babydonthurtme

Last edited:

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Honestly, i believe you should wait for him to say the whole "I love you" aspect, if you say it too soon, it'll make things awkward and moving to quickly.

There is not right or wrong time frame of saying "I love " cause everyone is different and no two relationships are the same, if you do want to say it first, then be confident he feels the same way.

Awards
I have been dating a guy, "Red," for about two months now. I honestly feel like I've known him for years.

Two months? You really don't know this guy at all.

We don't go a day without seeing each other, and I cannot remember the last time I stayed at my house for the night. He is smart, goofy, clever, charismatic. He listens to me, he always pays if we go out, he helps me understand things when we study together, he is never rude but always honest. He is the first guy I trust when he says he wouldn't cheat on me. It's always an adventure when I'm around him. Every thing I like in a guy, basically. I get a natural high when I'm around him. I haven't liked a guy this much since my first boyfriend.

Give the honeymoon phase a chance to wear off and see if you still feel this way, because if you do, there is a problem. A relationship cannot, in the long term, be sustained by the sort of novelties you're describing. Young couples have an awful tendency to become way too comfortable with each other way too quickly, and more often than not, it ends up killing their relationship.

When is the right time to use the "L" word? How long should you date before it is appropriate?

I don't think the question should be 'when' as much as it should be 'how much'. Even after you have declared your love for the very first time, it's really not necessary to declare it again and again and again and again and again on a daily basis.

daxter fan

Sammy boy, summed up the outcome of such relationship pretty well. However, you may as well find it on your own.
I can't tell you if you love him or not, you're the only one for that. What I CAN tell you, however, is that you need to give this relationship some time, find out his flaws. This guy's not perfect, and you know he's not. Test him, don't turn into an easy prey... on the other hand, reward him when he passes.

What's love? I don't know. My ex told me once that a man or woman should know how to define love when they're in love. So, just give it a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back