• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lea's Keyblade Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I actually quite like his Keyblade design, if I am being honest. It's kinda...cool. Just like Relix said, it's just Lea, and that's what I like about it. A keyblade doesn't necessarily have an pic shape, fellas.~~

Popsydoodles

Here something I drew up real quick. (I'm no art major)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The guard part is flames with the keychain being a chakram. The teeth are the spikes on Lea's chakrams and the blade is also colored in the same scheme as his chakrams. And the hilt is the top half of a chakram and the pommel is also a mini chakram. I would have colored it but I don't have any coloring tools lying around.

These are the first two thoughts that came to mind when I put pencil to paper.

Edit: I said chakrams quite a bit :p

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Here something I drew up real quick. (I'm no art major)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The guard part is flames with the keychain being a chakram. The teeth are the spikes on Lea's chakrams and the blade is also colored in the same scheme as his chakrams. And the hilt is the top half of a chakram and the pommel is also a mini chakram. I would have colored it but I don't have any coloring tools lying around.

These are the first two thoughts that came to mind when I put pencil to paper.

Wow, these are actually pretty nice! But still, I'm happy with the Design. Curious for the name, tbh

Muke

whatever
Awards
The name? Hadn't even thought of that. Names take me a million years before I find one I like! This could take awhile...
I actually meant his original Keyblade. But now I am interested in yours, as well! :D

Yeah, they are so complicated. I once drew a keyblade for the Frozen world (I was bored at class, lol) and it was SO HARD to figure the name out! (I went with Frozen Heart and Depth of the ice :3)

Hirokey123

Awards
I love Lea's new keyblade design it has a lot of subtlety to it that I really appreciate. First it draws very heavily from Frolic flame in fact it looks very much like an upgraded Frolic flame. The toy looking fire became real looking fire and the frisbee became a chakram. More notably they both have FF-esque elements to their design. Frolic Flame has a bomb which is hilariously appropriate given kid Lea's future. While Lea's keyblade has the flame arranged to look very reminiscent of the phoenix down. This is appropriate for Lea because he has been reborn and this keyblade is in part a symbol of his new life.
It follows the same idea that Riku's keyblade established where their primary weapon acts as the base of their new blade, and it's a nice reverse where Riku's small soul eater grew into a giant blade Lea's large chakrams shrunk down into a nice sized guard. Finally I love how they have a subtle incomplete heart in the keyblade's design (much more noticeable when you put two of them together) which is great because even when reborn Lea is still incomplete. He lost a lot of things, most notably all his best friends, and he won't truly be whole until he gets them back. His desire to get back what lost is both the source of his heart's strength and the reason he wanted a keyblade.

I think his keyblade design is earnestly perfect it captures his rebirth, his incompleteness, and his growth from child to adult. All the while they put a lot of effort into designing the blade to fit his fight style. It's got a nice graceful fluidity like Lea and it's very unique in that they curved both the blade and teeth, allowing it for smooth spinning motions much as if it was like a chakram.

Popsydoodles

I actually meant his original Keyblade. But now I am interested in yours, as well! :D

Yeah, they are so complicated. I once drew a keyblade for the Frozen world (I was bored at class, lol) and it was SO HARD to figure the name out! (I went with Frozen Heart and Depth of the ice :3)

I'm going with the name Feral Flame for my keyblade. It has a nice sound to it and it sticks to the original naming scheme having the word flame in it. Plus feral means untamed or wild and that suits Lea pretty well.

I love Lea's new keyblade design it has a lot of subtlety to it that I really appreciate. First it draws very heavily from Frolic flame in fact it looks very much like an upgraded Frolic flame. The toy looking fire became real looking fire and the frisbee became a chakram. More notably they both have FF-esque elements to their design. Frolic Flame has a bomb which is hilariously appropriate given kid Lea's future. While Lea's keyblade has the flame arranged to look very reminiscent of the phoenix down. This is appropriate for Lea because he has been reborn and this keyblade is in part a symbol of his new life.
It follows the same idea that Riku's keyblade established where their primary weapon acts as the base of their new blade, and it's a nice reverse where Riku's small soul eater grew into a giant blade Lea's large chakrams shrunk down into a nice sized guard. Finally I love how they have a subtle incomplete heart in the keyblade's design (much more noticeable when you put two of them together) which is great because even when reborn Lea is still incomplete. He lost a lot of things, most notably all his best friends, and he won't truly be whole until he gets them back. His desire to get back what lost is both the source of his heart's strength and the reason he wanted a keyblade.

I think his keyblade design is earnestly perfect it captures his rebirth, his incompleteness, and his growth from child to adult. All the while they put a lot of effort into designing the blade to fit his fight style. It's got a nice graceful fluidity like Lea and it's very unique in that they curved both the blade and teeth, allowing it for smooth spinning motions much as if it was like a chakram.

While I do appreciate your analysis of Lea's keyblade and meaning behind the design, I feel the flame bit is more than likely coincidental. Phoenix downs while being red and fiery, are still feather/plume shaped. The flame doesn't really look that way to me. The mirrored heart shape may be on purpose (Good eye) but I think they did that to make it differ in appearance from the frolic flame. You said it yourself that they are similar. I also wouldn't call copy and pasting frolic flame subtle. It's very obvious that's what they were going for.

Im actually surprised that most people are okay with the design overall. To me it is definitely the most ridiculous starter keyblade out of any of the other wielders to the point of feeling out of place. I see what they were trying to do with the design but I don't think that's the route they should have taken. Due to its similarities to previous keyblades and it basically being an upgraded frolic flame it doesn't really feel new.

Last edited:

Antar

Awards
I think his new keyblade is an okay design, other than its length. It feels way to short for him so I wouldn't mind if they kept the same design but just made it longer. I'm a big fan of long, simple, and slender keyblades for some reason. Things like the Master Keeper, Stormfall, or the Kingdom Key.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think his new keyblade is an okay design, other than its length. It feels way to short for him so I wouldn't mind if they kept the same design but just made it longer. I'm a big fan of long, simple, and slender keyblades for some reason. Things like the Master Keeper, Stormfall, or the Kingdom Key.

I like longer keyblades too, Pumpkinhead is one of my favourite keyblades ever. I prefer when they're simply designed and not overloaded with details. I would have preferred if Axel's keyblade was a simpler design that seemed like it could be an original form keyblade with some hints of his character in there. His current keyblade just looks like fire coming out of his chakram and doesn't look like an actual key.

Antar

Awards
I like longer keyblades too, Pumpkinhead is one of my favourite keyblades ever. I prefer when they're simply designed and not overloaded with details. I would have preferred if Axel's keyblade was a simpler design that seemed like it could be an original form keyblade with some hints of his character in there. His current keyblade just looks like fire coming out of his chakram and doesn't look like an actual key.

Yeah, simple designs are the best, the pumpkinhead is a good example. I don't mind the chakram handle of his keyblade but I agree with you on making it more key like. They could change it so it's not just fire at the top.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To be honest, when I first saw Lea's KB I was all like "no fo realz? Tell me you're kidding". Ugly is the wrong word, it looks more...ridiculous to me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ugh. I do not like Lea's Keyblade. Having it based on his chakrams is okay, I mean Riku's Way to the Dawn is just Soul Eater with a little wing glued on, but it just looks so...last minute, and the dumb flame shooting out...
I get it, he's the fire guy. Doesn't mean we should be beaten over the head about it.

Popsydoodles

To be honest, when I first saw Lea's KB I was all like "no fo realz? Tell me you're kidding". Ugly is the wrong word, it looks more...ridiculous to me.
Ugh. I do not like Lea's Keyblade. Having it based on his chakrams is okay, I mean Riku's Way to the Dawn is just Soul Eater with a little wing glued on, but it just looks so...last minute, and the dumb flame shooting out...
I get it, he's the fire guy. Doesn't mean we should be beaten over the head about it.
^^^
All of this!
Pretty much my entire feeling on the subject. I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way in the forums. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your opinion is valued highly! Mostly because it is in line with mine!!! Muahahahahahaha hahahahahaha haaaaaaaa!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back