• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

league de gay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Recently, a League team qualified for a tournament and they needed a logo if they wanted to attend. They ended up holding a contest which ends today in 9 hours, and I just finished these. Haven't done anything like this in ages, not to mention touch Photoshop itself so it took me a few hours to get these out. Especially the first since it had to be drawn/pentooled out manually. The team name is "1 Trick Ponies" or "1TP" for short. Keep that in mind when looking at these. Anyway, here ya go:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Link: http://i.imgur.com/53KG3.png

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
That first one is tasteful as fuck. The second one looks definitely more sports like. It might be a little hard to grasp that last one though.

The first one is money though.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Haha thanks. It seems like the majority of people like the first one the most.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
idk there were a lot of other logos and marks that i really, really liked

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
The first has a nice form but I really don't like the noise+moition blur. I like the clean look of the second but the form isn't as interesting as the first. A fusion of the two would look nice imo.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Now there are two issues here. The first is I can't change them because they're already submitted. Secondly, since I've been departed from the whole graphic design world for quite a while, I'd have no idea how to combine the two in the first place ): I would if I could because lately I've been considering either graphic design or game design as a program/major to get into, both of which would require a portfolio. One of the main reasons I did this contest actually. That said, how would you go about combining the two?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Just taking aspects of both and combining the layer sets and tweaking things till it looks good. So go through and remove the noise and whatever else doesn't make the first one completely perfect, and then go through the second one, and find the aspects that match the first, pull those layers and throw them into the first's layer dock.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Recently, a League team qualified for a tournament and they needed a logo if they wanted to attend. They ended up holding a contest which ends today in 9 hours, and I just finished these. Haven't done anything like this in ages, not to mention touch Photoshop itself so it took me a few hours to get these out. Especially the first since it had to be drawn/pentooled out manually. The team name is "1 Trick Ponies" or "1TP" for short. Keep that in mind when looking at these. Anyway, here ya go:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Link: http://i.imgur.com/53KG3.png
IMO: 3rd is best, 1st is good, 2nd has weird proportions (mostly that the type is itty-bitty and the other parts are huge; I like the concept a lot, though).

The first would be my favorite if--as Eric said--there were less motion blur/filter going on. Otherwise it has the most potential design-wise. Digging the sports-branding as well.

3rd I like because of the solid typography. I would have made more space at the bottom of that final shape by the T, to help indicate the "P".

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Just taking aspects of both and combining the layer sets and tweaking things till it looks good. So go through and remove the noise and whatever else doesn't make the first one completely perfect, and then go through the second one, and find the aspects that match the first, pull those layers and throw them into the first's layer dock.
Yes I know the process behind combining them. It's which aspects :l This isn't simple tagging so it's not like, "yo i can smudge here and yada yada". You still have to fit the requirements set by the client or whoever.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
What I was thinking was if you took the first one and got rid of the noise+motion blur and reduced it to just solid colors then it would look better. Also now that I look at it in comparison to the others it has a relatively lower contrast (part of which may be because of that effect). Maybe a lighter white and a more saturated red would help.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
So using George's help, along with what you just said Jaxx, I did some changes to the first one. Nothing major, just subtle changes:

16gde0y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back