• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Theatrhythm

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

What ever happened to KH Theatrhythm? I know that the creator of Theatrhythm said he might be interested in a KH version but that was like over a year ago. Any news since then?? Cuz I think KH Theatrhythm would be amazing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As far as I am aware, Hazama has never actually said anything about a "Kingdom Hearts" version. He merely stated that he'd be interested in making more for other series.

Also, please keep Kingdom Hearts topics in the Kingdom Hearts sections.

laddyboy12

As far as I am aware, Hazama has never actually said anything about a "Kingdom Hearts" version. He merely stated that he'd be interested in making more for other series.

Also, please keep Kingdom Hearts topics in the Kingdom Hearts sections.

Gotcha, thanks. And sorry bout that, which section should this have gone in for future reference?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gotcha, thanks. And sorry bout that, which section should this have gone in for future reference?

Future of Kingdom Hearts, which is our general series + future discussion section.

Anything Kingdom Hearts related that doesn't seem to fit into one of the game sections should go here and nowhere else. It's not too big of a deal since it can be moved easily, though.

laddyboy12

Future of Kingdom Hearts, which is our general series + future discussion section.

Anything Kingdom Hearts related that doesn't seem to fit into one of the game sections should go here and nowhere else. It's not too big of a deal since it can be moved easily, though.

Alright got it. One more question, where is the future of Kingdom Hearts section?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Call it Kingdom Hearts: Fantasia.
Theatrerhythm is practically Fantasia in video game format. I'd love it to be a mix of Yoko tracks and Disney Musicals!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Call it Kingdom Hearts: Fantasia.
Theatrerhythm is practically Fantasia in video game format. I'd love it to be a mix of Yoko tracks and Disney Musicals!

For marketing's sake, it'll stay Theatrerhythm (though I like your idea a lot). Personally, I would like a Theatrerhythm: Kingdom Hearts, but I wouldn't be expecting one until after Theatrerhythm: Dragon Quest is out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It should just be called Theatrhythm since that is the series it would be a part of. Any other name wouldn't be fair to SE since it is their franchise anyways.

For marketing's sake, it'll stay Theatrerhythm (though I like your idea a lot). Personally, I would like a Theatrerhythm: Kingdom Hearts, but I wouldn't be expecting one until after Theatrerhythm: Dragon Quest is out.

Lol Theatrhythm, not Theatrerhythm.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It should just be called Theatrhythm since that is the series it would be a part of. Any other name wouldn't be fair to SE since it is their franchise anyways.

Lol Theatrhythm, not Theatrerhythm.

Okay then, Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts Fantasia

A perfect name to appeal to both Final Fantasy fans and Disney lovers of Kingdom Hearts. In my previous statement of Disney Musical songs being used: I'm talking about pre-existing ones like I See The Light - Tangled for instance.
Sora, Dolan and Gooby cannot sing to save their lives... :frown:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really expect that to happen...it's be interesting, to say the least, but if the songs haven't appeared in Kingdom Hearts, they shouldn't appear in this at all.

It should be about celebrating the music of this franchise created by Shimomura, Sekito, Ishimoto, and Utada. Theatrhythm KH wouldn't be about celebrating Disney.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah, how about we just call it Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts. Anyone who recognizes the title "Theatrhythm" will probably be expecting a rhythm game that uses video game music from an SE game, not Disney musicals... and throwing "Fantasia" in there would be pretty misleading to folks who've never seen KH before. They'd probably associate it with... what else, the Fantasia movie, which is really not the focus here.

Besides, one of the most beloved aspects of KH is its original music. It's pretty much the only thing that's almost unanimously loved as a whole. Theatrhythm is a game that celebrates a game franchise through its music, and while KH is certainly made up by Disney, it's Kingdom Hearts that should be the focus. Songs that were not included, such as stuff from Disney musicals, SHOULD NOT be included.

Really, if you're gonna do that, might as well include all the Final Fantasy tracks too... which wouldn't be so bad, but it's still irrelevant towards the actual subject that the game's supposed to focus on.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't really expect that to happen...it's be interesting, to say the least, but if the songs haven't appeared in Kingdom Hearts, they shouldn't appear in this at all.

It should be about celebrating the music of this franchise created by Shimomura, Sekito, Ishimoto, and Utada. Theatrhythm KH wouldn't be about celebrating Disney.

If anything, they could make a Theatrhythm (thanks to Master Spock for the correction, heehee xP) Disney (with the company's permission, I presume).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If anything, they could make a Theatrhythm (thanks to Master Spock for the correction, heehee xP) Disney (with the company's permission, I presume).

Yes they can and that'd be the better way to go. It's kind of surprising Disney doesn't have a rhythm game of this design yet and it'd be really beneficial to both companies if they did one xD

Wilford111

Awards
I've always wanted a Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts game ever since the first TFF game came out :3
Too bad we probably won't get one in a long time though. I'd say 2018 at the earliest, so as not to oversaturate or whatever...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yes they can and that'd be the better way to go. It's kind of surprising Disney doesn't have a rhythm game of this design yet and it'd be really beneficial to both companies if they did one xD
Oh, dear. Can you imagine how cute many Disney characters would look with Theatrhythm art style? x3

I've always wanted a Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts game ever since the first TFF game came out :3
Too bad we probably won't get one in a long time though. I'd say 2018 at the earliest, so as not to oversaturate or whatever...
Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts could just be another game to help us ease the wait until KHIII is out. Because after KH2.8, what's there left to explore before KH3? A PS4 release of the HD ReMixes would be nice, but those that already have the PS3 versions have played it. There's also Unchained chi on its way, but Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts should come out before the Xehanort Saga ends, seeing as how it'll mostly be focused on tracks from the Xehanort Saga games.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yeeesss please! I have played Curtain Call for over 50 hours now, and I probably would spent even more time with this. The KH-cast would look so adorable with Theatrhythm-style art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back