• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts ~The Exodus~ ("screenplay")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Before we begin, here's a little vocabulary word for all of you:
"exodus: n.; A going out; departure or emigration, usually of a large number of people."
That is exactly what this story is about.

This is the story of individuals other than those aligned with Sora, whose courageous hearts of both light and dark allowed them to leave their own worlds and seek adventure...

A lot of you know that I made a roleplay about this, a couple of years ago, but I'll have you know that it has little to do with the RP, other than the original theme. For those of you who participated and find this offensive. I'm sorry, only, not quite.

Also, if you read the title, you'll know that it says "screenplay"...this is because I'm not quite as eloquent with words as some of you, but I still have this burning idea in my head, begging to get out. And seeing as Kingdom Hearts is, in fact, a video game, I figured that I'd format this tale in the same way...I'll also be adding illustrations, sooner or later. I give you The Exodus.

NOTE: The "playable" character for the majority of the "game" will be Haruki...

KINGDOM HEARTS
THE EXODUS

Scene I: Prologue

Tobuoi, a young, 15-year-old blonde sits on a rooftop in the middle of Traverse Town. She stares up into the night sky...after a few seconds of watching, she sees a star shine brightly for a moment, just before slowly fading into black.

Tobuoi: *quietly, in awe* Whoa...what was that?

Still looking up, Tobuoi leans forward towards the rooftop ledge. Before she can look down again, she slips, letting out a brief scream. Her body tumbles towards the ledge, but she throws out an arm to grab hold of one of the shingles. With her body dangling below the ledge, Tobuoi grabs hold of another shingle with her other hand. Just when she thinks that she has a chance of pulling herself safely onto the rooftop again, a door opens, below. Tobuoi starts and falls several feet to the pavement below. She lets out a loud grunt in pain.

Cid: *angry and startled* Tobuoi! How many times have I told you not hang around on my rooftop?!

Tobuoi picks herself off of the ground, rubbing her backside in discomfort and scrunching her face.

Tobuoi: How many times have I ever listened to a word you said?
Cid: Well, you best start listenin' if you ever wanna get that gummi ship off the ground...

Tobuoi folds her arms, taps her foot, and is silent for a few moments...

Tobuoi: What do you suppose is going on? You know...

Tobuoi points to the sky.

Tobuoi: up there?
Cid: I got no idea what yer talkin' 'bout.
Tobuoi: *almost pouty* Liar.
Cid: Well, it ain't any of my business and it ain't your's either, that's for sure. Now, I suggest you run along and leave me and my shop alone for the night.

Tobuoi sighs and shakes her head in defeat. With one last smirk, she turns and makes her way through the rest of the First District.

The camera backs away and shows the several buildings topped with flourescent lights, including the Accessory Shop where Cid and Tobuoi spoke.

Tobuoi pushes through the large, Second District doors and emerges on the other side. The Second District is considerably more open and dark than the First District with several shops and a hotel ligned up beside the walkway. A set of stares leads to a vacant area in front of a fountain, below.

Tobuoi poceeds towards the hotel doors to her left and enters. Inside, there is a long, vacant hallway. Tobuoi turns to find an employee sitting at the check-in desk. She approaches the counter and the screen cuts away...

The scene comes back, moments later, showing Tobuoi in a red, Asian-themed room. She lays down on the bad and stares at the ceiling...she closes her eyes.

Alright, I know that there's not much yet, story-wise, but what about style-wise? Things I should add? Things I should stop doing...anything? Anything at all? I'll post the next scene, within the next few days...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Yay! A comment! I'm glad that you like my screenplay style...I do too. :D

Scene II: Haruki and Antha

A tan, blond-haired boy of sixteen opens his bright blue eyes slowly. He is laying down casually in a small bed in a small, sun-lit room. He groans quietly and sits up. He looks out the window and the camera pans away, revealing the sunny, tropical setting of Destiny Islands. The sounds of waves and birds can also be heard in the distance.

The boy stands up off of his bed and leaves his bedroom. He reappears downstairs, in new clothes and shoes. His mother greets him.

Haruki's mother: Good morning, Haruki. Before you leave, can I get you to bring a few things back with you? I need one coconut, two fish, and one egg.

Haruki: *nods* Sure.

Haruki's mother: Alright. Be back before dark!

Haruki turns and leaves the house.

Outside, Haruki sees a red-haired girl, two years younger than him, leaning up against a tree along the path. He approaches her.

Antha: *giggles* It's about time you woke up, Haruki!

Haruki smirks and folds his arms.

Haruki: Look who's talking. You're just as lazy as me, if not worse. I always have to come and wake you up in the morning. Besides, what's the hurry?

Antha stands upright and looks around, suspiciously. She puts her finger to her mouth.

Antha: *quietly* It's the "Secret Place"...y'know, on the island? There's this--I'll just show you. We'll have to go to the dock, though, first.

Haruki and Antha make their way down the long path and to the dock. There are several small kayak-like boats in the water. Haruki and Antha step into one and push off of the dock...

The screen fades out and comes back showing Haruki and Antha getting out of the boat near the shore. They are greeted by a perky girl with brown hair, about Antha's age, sitting on a small dock.

Selphie: Hi, Antha! Hi, Haruki!

Haruki: Hey there, Selphie.

Selphie: What are you two doing out here, today? I never see you around any more...

Haruki: Oh, Antha just brought me out here to show me something in the sec--

Antha quickly throws her hand over Haruki's mouth, interupting him.

Antha: We're just here on a few errands for Haruki's mother.

Antha removes her hand slowly from Haruki's mouth. Haruki remains quiet.

Selphie: Oh, alright. Well, if you need anything, just talk to me or Tidus or Wakka. I haven't seen Riku, Sora, or Kairi at all, today, though...

Antha: Okay, thanks.

Antha leads Haruki away from the beach and points to a small cave near the ground, or the "secret place."

Antha: What I want to show you is in there...

Haruki makes his way up towards the tunnel and into the "secret place."...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Sorry for the double-post, but it seems apparent that no one has anything to say to the previous post...anyways, onto the next scene. This one's short.

Scene III: A Simple Door

Haruki and Antha get to their feet, now inside the "Secret Place." They brush themselves off as Haruki notices the strange door at the opposite end of the "Secret Place". The camera slowly focuses on the door.

Haruki: When did that get there?

Antha: Dunno. I haven't been to the Island in weeks...I found it just yesterday.

Camera pans back over to Antha and Haruki

Haruki: Well, maybe we can investigate more, tomorrow. I have to get that stuff for my mom.

Antha: Alright.

Haruki and Antha leave the Hidden Place...

Antha: *standing just outside the Hidden Place Go get what you need and come back when you're ready to leave. I'll be waiting here.

Haruki goes off to find all of the items and comes back to Antha after he does.

Antha: You ready to head home?

Haruki: Yeah.

The screen fades to black and the scene ends

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Tobsy! What a great idea, doing a screenplay!

You should really consider gaming as a career, my friend. ;D You're doing great on this.

Why don't you link to the character design you have for Antha? Or have you changed it?

I love your pictures of Antha, by the by, though I think I forgot to comment on them....

P.S: I actually have time for this because I'm on my sister's computer ... <.<; ;>.>

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Thanks for continuing to read! This one's another short scene, but the next one's longer. I promise.

Scene IV: My Last Night Here With You

It's evening as Antha and Haruki make their way onto the wooden dock where they met Selphie, earlier. Antha slowly stops...Haruki turns around to find her looking to her left, towards the paopu tree. A solemn smile creeps up on her face.

Haruki: What's the matter?

Antha: *pauses* Oh, nothing. It's just silly that...er, nevermind. It's nothing.

Haruki: You sure?

Antha: Yeah. I'm still curious about that door, though.

Haruki: That is weird. We can come back tomorrow and check it out, though...

Antha: *awkwardly* Hey, Haruki...

Haruki: Yeah?

Antha: What do you suppose will happen to us? You know...after we grow up?

Haruki: Who knows? I know I'm gonna leave the islands and go somewhere else. I've been here my whole life.

Antha flashes the same, solemn smile.

Haruki: Well, let's go home.

Antha nods, and they both walk to the end of the dock and get in their tiny boat.

Last edited:

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Gwah! Tobsy, it's actually relaxing to read a screenplay for once. Usually you get the wannabe "Scriptstyle", but you've actually put thought into yours, and it's a nice change from the norm.

I demand an update!

Oh, and I've decided on a story for our collab. =\ Methinks j00 shant be too disappointed, though it's a lot more serious than I've written afore.

I'll pm ye, I suppose!

Update. =O

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Yay, Kat!

Scene V: Everything Will Change

It's late night, now. Haruki is laying in a hammock between two trees, just outside of his house. He stares up into the sky and notices that a storm's coming.

Haruki: I hope Antha got home alright...

He stretches his right arm hand out towards the sky and stares.

Haruki: *thinking* She's been acting strange, lately. I wonder if something's wrong...? I hope not.

Haruki sits up and hops out of the hammock. He makes his way over to the door of his house, but just before he opens it, he looks over to the dock. He sees Antha trying to settle into one of the boats.

Haruki: Antha? What's she doing out there?!

Haruki runs down to the dock and follows Antha in a boat to the Island. When he finally gets to shore, he notices that there are three other boats, besides his and Antha's. He runs after Antha and finds her just outside the Secret Place, where there is now a large, intriquete, white door. The storm continues to get worse.

Haruki: *frantically* Antha, what are you doing?! It's not safe out here! We need to get back!

Antha: You want to leave this place, don't you?! This door leads somewhere--I know it! Come with me! We can go together!

Haruki: Antha, I don't know what you're--

The white door is thrown open behind Antha and pools of smokey darkness poor out from it, engulfing both Antha and Haruki.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Scene VI: Do You Believe In Fate?

After a few moments, the darkness begins clears away, revealing Haruki and Antha's hands, gripping eachother's tightly. Soon, all of the darkness is gone and Antha and Haruki find themselves on a large chunk of beach, floating weightlessly in the air, surrounded by black. They look at each other, frightened.

Suddenly, from the ground, Heartless emerge. They begin to close in on Haruki and Antha. Haruki takes Antha by the hand and runs back towards the edge, to find that there's no escape.

Then, one of the Heartless leaps out towards Antha. However, before Antha can know what to do, a tall shield appears before her, floating in the air. She hesitates for a moment and then takes the shield.

She looks back to Haruki. Then, just like the shield, a sword appears in front of him, out of nowhere. He looks to Antha and then takes it firmly in his hand. They ready themselves and begin to fight off the Heartless.

After all of the Heartless have been defeated, the bit of island begins to break away, sand trailing off of it. The ground beneath Antha's feet dissappears and she falls back into the dark abyss.

Haruki: No!

Soon, the same happens to Haruki.

The screen fades to black.

The scene reappears, showing a brightly-lit hotel room. Haruki is laying on a bed, just barely awake. There is also a young girl sitting at the foot of the bed. Haruki stirs.

Tobuoi: Hey! You're awake!

Haruki: Whe...where am I?

Tobuoi: You're in the Traverse Town hotel. You've been here for a few days.

Haruki: A few days? I...I've been asleep all this time?

Tobuoi: Yup. Found you in the back alley, past the Second District.

Haruki: Second District? Traverse Town...?

Suddenly alert, Haruki sits up.

Haruki: Hey, you haven't seen a girl with red hair and white dress around, have you.

Tobuoi: No...sorry.

Haruki sulks, staring down at the bed.

Tobuoi: What's her name?

Haruki: Antha. I...I've known her my whole life. I've always been there to look out for her, but now...I don't know what happened to her.

Tobuoi: I see...well, come on, then. I'll help you look for her. *stands up*

Haruki: Really?

Tobuoi: Yeah. If she's here in Traverse Town, it shouldn't take too long to find her.

Haruki: Alright.

Tobuoi: Let's go check out the First District, first. We can ask Cid if he knows anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back