• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Re: Official Re:CoM in North America Thread

part one: I'm just thinking ways they would be nice. We got the Sephy battle, Japan didn't (in the beginning) And the Japanese can't begrudge us SOME extra cutscenes we aren't get FM+ for the present

Part two: He is a main character, in most scenes, has alot of lines, a real life family, and so on. I'm just saying that he's probably kept busy one way or another

part three: KH just has FM cameos. The FF characters are different from their actual people. So they can change Leon's age ans stuff so he's twenty-something.

Part one: Dont get an attitude please. There's no reason for it.

Part two: They most certianly can begrudge us. They've been doing it since KHI was released in NA.

Part Three: He has absolutely NO lines in RE:CoM. None. So perhaps this should be let go as a topic for debate?

Part Four: Leon was the only Character that they changed. The rest of the Cameo Characters kept to Canaon personality wise. With Leon the only thing changed about his appearance was the Jacket. That's the only thing.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

=/= they should.

They held out 2 new games on us and Coded isn't formated for NA phones so that makes 3. How does that make us even? We get some silly half shit game that's already been released over there as a special feature and they get that. That doesn't even out anything. :mad:

They'll have to reformat the Memory Data from FM+ for us to get the rest of the ORGXIII cards and the cutscenes. It had better happen because we're the ones that keep getting screwed. They got they're retribution a looooong time ago.

My anger isn't directed at you GA. It's directed at SE. :3

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Part one: Dont get an attitude please. There's no reason for it.

Part two: They most certianly can begrudge us. They've been doing it since KHI was released in NA.

Part Three: He has absolutely NO lines in RE:CoM. None. So perhaps this should be let go as a topic for debate?

Part Four: Leon was the only Character that they changed. The rest of the Cameo Characters kept to Canaon personality wise. With Leon the only thing changed about his appearance was the Jacket. That's the only thing.

1) I didn't mean to have an attitude. Sorry if it came across that way

2)I can always believe in teh kindness of man, right? And an FMV with nothing changed from the text version but how it appears is not the same as a hidden boss of a fan favorite villain.

3)Did he have text line? I was talking about that and future installment stuff.

4) okay. (haven't played any FF but 3 and 4, so wouldn't know) I was going from what KHI people said about how FF is in a sepearte universe from KH

and I agree with Aerith. Bring back Mandy Moore

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

1) I didn't mean to have an attitude. Sorry if it came across that way

2)I can always believe in teh kindness of man, right? And an FMV with nothing changed from the text version but how it appears is not the same as a hidden boss of a fan favorite villain.

3)Did he have text line? I was talking about that and future installment stuff.

4) okay. (haven't played any FF but 3 and 4, so wouldn't know) I was going from what KHI people said about how FF is in a sepearte universe from KH

and I agree with Aerith. Bring back Mandy Moore

I was more taken aback than anything. In my experience people list stuff when they're trying to be ignorant. (somebody listed insults directed towards me when I first joined :( ) Don't worry about it. Stuff like that doesn't miff me. :3

No you can't, not when it's Nomura. Sadly Nomura has a very warped idea of "equality". :(

He only had text lines because his appearance is on a floor. All of the floors have text and text only. VA is only done inbetween floors. :( In the future possibly but, most likely not.

I've played all of them from FFIV on. FFVIII was a favorite of mine and I'm probably one of the only reasonable Squall Fangirl's that you'll meet. I know everything about him and I have the capacity to not be biased when making referrences to his character. Leon was NOTHING like the Squall in FFVIII. He was almost an entirely new character. The only thing that remained was his appearance and the only thing changed about that was his jacket.

The universes are different. Back stories and the like but, with the exception of Leon the Characters themselves and they're personalities are the same as they're Canon brethren. :3

Aeris' voice stinks, I want Mandy back. Or that new chick.

At least Lance Bass isn't Sephiroth's VA still. That I am incredibly grateful for. D8

madammina

I listed because you had made alot of points so I was just trying to answer them, I think. I can't really remember but it was more along the lines of taking everything piece by piece.

listing... insults? Begorrah

I do know that the text lines are on the floors. I meant if we were lucky enough to have some FMV there, they could bring David Boreanaz back.

okay for the Personality thing.

Yeah, Sephiroth's KH2 VA was good. And yes, all FF7 characters used their AC VA's except for Yuffie who used her DoC one.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

I listed because you had made alot of points so I was just trying to answer them, I think. I can't really remember but it was more along the lines of taking everything piece by piece.

listing... insults? Begorrah

I do know that the text lines are on the floors. I meant if we were lucky enough to have some FMV there, they could bring David Boreanaz back.

okay for the Personality thing.

Yeah, Sephiroth's KH2 VA was good. And yes, all FF7 characters used their AC VA's except for Yuffie who used her DoC one.

I realize that now.

Oh yeah, they did everything you could possibly imagine. From saying that I was inbred to well.....I'm actually surprised they weren't banned. D8

I wish because the Text get's irritating but, i highly doubt it. :(

Now you can say that you know for sure. Somebody has been misinforming you or they're incredibly biased. :3

Yeah...most badass FF villian Sephiroth + washed up 'Nsync bad member = WTF!? D8

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

D: Aerith in general is eeww, but that's just my opinion.

God dammit I just realized how much editting the Namine parts of my essay would probably have to go through after Re:CoM XD oh well

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

D: Aerith in general is eeww, but that's just my opinion.

God dammit I just realized how much editting the Namine parts of my essay would probably have to go through after Re:CoM XD oh well

She's actually the only pink obsessed female that I like but, oh well. :/

Don't worry, I'm sure that you can do it. You had the capacity to write it in the first place. You may be happy to learn that she isn't far off from your portrayal of her. Namine retains her coolness and purity. You may think she's a bit naive and gullible though. :/

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Don't worry, I'm sure that you can do it. You had the capacity to write it in the first place.

Yeah but I had three months to write that D:

You may be happy to learn that she isn't far off from your portrayal of her. Namine retains her coolness and purity. You may think she's a bit naive and gullible though. :/

I already know she's like that. Whenever I imagine her with Riku and Sora on a somewhat neutral environment I see her as, well, a doll, sort of.
I can see them introducing her to chocolate and her actually sparkling. First time in a theme part of something.
Namine's relation to real life = nonexistent, and that's a great big part of her charm, imo.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

I already know she's like that. Whenever I imagine her with Riku and Sora on a somewhat neutral environment I see her as, well, a doll, sort of.
I can see them introducing her to chocolate and her actually sparkling. First time in a theme part of something.
Namine's relation to real life = nonexistent, and that's a great big part of her charm, imo.

Then there's nothing to change. That's the only thing I can think of that's different from CoM's portrayal of her. She's the same character in RE:CoM but, her VA and actual movement fills out her character. It's different from watching her on a Teeny tiny screen with bad graphics and watching a 3D version of her come to life. XD

See? You won't even need to change anything. So don't worry. Enjoy the good news Lady. Your going to see a whole game filled with sweet lil' Namine. Kairi only shows up for a few seconds in flashback scenes. XD

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Then there's nothing to change. That's the only thing I can think of that's different from CoM's portrayal of her. She's the same character in RE:CoM but, her VA and actual movement fills out her character. It's different from watching her on a Teeny tiny screen with bad graphics and watching a 3D version of her come to life. XD

Not if you payed attention to the expressions on her little HUD thingh when she talked. I thought that made the chacters feel more emotional than I had expected.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Kairi only shows up for a few seconds in flashback scenes. XD

Dammit, that's more than she showed up in the original game! ><

Not if you payed attention to the expressions on her little HUD thingh when she talked. I thought that made the chacters feel more emotional than I had expected.

This. I adored the facial expressions portrayed in the speech panels.

madammina

Yeah, the CoM sprites were very emotional (and at the risk of sounding girly) charming. I'm looking forward to the 3-D (alot) but I'll miss that. (debates buying it on eBay)

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

Don't compare yet. Namine really fills out in RE:CoM. I actually hated her when I played CoM because she seemed really stupid to let herself be lied to so easily. RE:CoM changed that because you could define her movements and expressions better.

Dammit, that's more than she showed up in the original game! ><

It's easier to fit her fat head on a TV then a HUD. XD

Yeah, the CoM sprites were very emotional (and at the risk of sounding girly) charming. I'm looking forward to the 3-D (alot) but I'll miss that. (debates buying it on eBay)

I'm not against the Sprites, I just enjoyed the 3-D more. :S
Then you should buy it now. It's actuually becoming a rare game. :serious:

rmyulfo

well im thinking this will make a bigger hit than when it came for gba of
course everybody knows that but it doesnt have 2 much different things
just a few more scenes and maeb fights.
but im thinking of that they should show the 14 member in a misterious way
like making us see that the game fgor the ds isntr her first appearence.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

well im thinking this will make a bigger hit than when it came for gba of
course everybody knows that but it doesnt have 2 much different things
just a few more scenes and maeb fights.
but im thinking of that they should show the 14 member in a misterious way
like making us see that the game fgor the ds isntr her first appearence.

Most likely. I'm sad that it didn't pick up for GBA. The original CoM was fun, I know I still play mine.

I'd be satisfied if the fixed the save data so that we get the FM+ features from the game. Extra fights and Scenes aren't something I want. The game is fine as is and I don't want to jinx the FM issue again.

No, they shouldn't. As much as I would like to see her close up I don't want that. Besides Roxas is the "mysterious" blond boy at the end. Nomura already stated that It would be explained why she wasn't in any of the other games.

Cissy

Bronze Member

Adding anything to Re:COM that KH2:FM+ didn't have for the Japanese is suicide.

On the other hand, I firmly believe that if we're given the features that even Japan had in FM+, they wouldn't care less. As in, the features they themselves own currently on FM+.

It's a different story if we get completely new content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back