• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts MOBA Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just took the Kingdom Hearts survey asking fans what they would like to see in the future, and when they asked about what genre of games you played most, I jumped at the possibility that Kingdom Hearts may branch out into other genres, which could have endless possibilities in and of itself. However, I feel like a Kingdom Hearts MOBA (massively online battle arena) could actually work extremely well, and here are some reasons why.

I think that a big question is whether or not to include Disney characters and/or Square Enix characters, but I think the game could actually get away with having only characters original to the kingdom hearts series. Off the top of my head: Sora(young and old), Riku (young and old), Kairi(young and old), Org. XIII, 13 darknesses, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Roxas, Xion, Eraqus. This list alone is 35 characters, although there is probably a lot of overlap between the two groups of thirteen. The current roster could be large enough for a MOBA, and could always expand with new entries after Kingdom Hearts 3.

As far as each character being unique, I feel like either gameplay or boss fights gave these characters unique moves that could translate well into MOBA abilities.

For minions or monsters, there could be heartless, nobodies, unversed, dream eaters, or any combination thereof.

As far as a map, worlds unique to the series like Destiny Islands, TWTNW, Keyblade Graveyard, Radiant Garden.

For items, they could use accessories, or maybe even papou fruit or wayfinders.

So, thoughts on a MOBA? Do you think it could work? Would you want to see Disney or Square Enix characters? Do you love this idea? Do you hate this idea?

47049266.jpg

So I thought about this idea some more, and I thought that maybe to make the game unique characters would have to pick up light or darkness particles in order to use their abilities or something(depending on the character)? But apparently no one cares so what does it matter.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've thought about a moba before. The wide selection of FF & Disney characters (not just those that have appeared in the series already) certainly opens the door for considerable amounts of microtransactions, assuming Disney is even willing to play ball with that of course.

I only really played LoL but looking at other mobas minions always seem to be a minor element (I'm not sure why the DC one even has them) I think this is a department KH could expand upon. Have dozens of assorted heartless or spirit DE & each player chooses which minion type they want to use along side choice of character. So each team has 3-5 different classes of minions with different abilities. I think that'd add a new layer of strategy to the formula.

Assuming some game doesn't already do that, I wouldn't know.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
MOBAs are super boring to me, personally. I can't stand to even watch them be played.

But I'd be a damned liar if I said I wouldn't at least try a KH​ MOBA.

blksabbath74

So a MOBA is what, a MMORPG without all the pesky quests and storylines and character development, with just PVP fighting?

Doesn't sound like it would work with Kingdom Hearts, Disney or Square Enix.

Even the Final Fantasy MMO was a complete flop, and their new version is concetrating on single player playability over PVP fragfest.

Maybe I'm missing something, as I'm not really in touch with today's youth, but I don't think this is a great idea.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
While I can see it working, I don't see it happening. I mean, if Disney was already iffy about having their Disney characters fighting in a Dissidia like game, I can't see a MOBA working well AT ALL. I mean, I'm not a fan of MOBA's, so perhaps that's why, but I'd rather see a KH MMO before I see a KH MOBA, and Chi has satisfied that "massive online multiplayer" game to me for now (even though it's not really an MMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back