• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Manga & Artbook Available for Pre-Order!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I love everything about what Yen Press is doing for the KH manga series, except how they're going about releasing KH2.

It makes literally no sense to release two omnibuses containing the first five volumes to then release the sixth volume individually. My OCD is going to set in.

Cutsceneaddict

This has certainly been a long time in coming o_O Really glad that somebody has picked up the localizing. I've been waiting on KH2 Vol. 3 for quite some time now.

Just preordered KHFM 1+2 and the artbook (just to be safe) and now I'm like hoping to the ends of the earth that they translate the novels as well.

As others have said, I agree. The novels have a lot of special/extra content that you sometimes don't get through the games. I've been wanting to read them, and unfortunately, I just can't teach myself Japanese fast enough. -.-

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This has certainly been a long time in coming o_O Really glad that somebody has picked up the localizing. I've been waiting on KH2 Vol. 3 for quite some time now.
Volume 3 will be part of an omnibus, so you'll be able to purchase it that way but not individually.

As others have said, I agree. The novels have a lot of special/extra content that you sometimes don't get through the games. I've been wanting to read them, and unfortunately, I just can't teach myself Japanese fast enough. -.-
Let Yen Press know! They have a Twitter account and I suggest you let them know that you're interested in the novels. If enough of us do that, and the manga sells well, then they just might translate them.

Cutsceneaddict

Volume 3 will be part of an omnibus, so you'll be able to purchase it that way but not individually.

Let Yen Press know! They have a Twitter account and I suggest you let them know that you're interested in the novels. If enough of us do that, and the manga sells well, then they just might translate them.

Thanks for the tips, Taochan! I'll be sure to give my voice on the matter :)

SoraroS

Awards
And what about Europe?? Will it be avaible to pre order in European websites?? I have the box sets of KH1 and KHCOM with all the volumes, is buying KHFM worth it?? And should i re-buy KHCOM? Will the content be different? Thanks!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And what about Europe?? Will it be avaible to pre order in European websites?? I have the box sets of KH1 and KHCOM with all the volumes, is buying KHFM worth it?? And should i re-buy KHCOM? Will the content be different? Thanks!

I don't know if it is being released in Europe but if not, you can easily just import it from NA and easily understand it :)

As for the mangas that you already have, there isn't any new content in KHFM or CoM compared to the original Tokyopop ones BUT Yen Press is re-translating all the manga to fix up a few problems that didn't make as much sense with the Tokyopop version as well as keeping the manga in their original state which includes some jokes that aren't E for Everyone (the Yen Press versions are rated Teen while the Tokyopop ones were for all ages).

If money is tight, I think you could probably avoid getting KH1 or CoM but for collection/enjoyment sake, it will definitely be a fun read to pick up the Yen Press versions ;)

SmilingMuse35

I can't wait for all of these books to come out! I've never read the "Kingdom Hearts" manga before. :smile:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I can't wait for all of these books to come out! I've never read the "Kingdom Hearts" manga before. :smile:

You're in for a treat!
I've read all of the KH1 and CoM but only the first volume of KH2. I've preordered the KH1FM's but I already own the CoM ones so I'll probably skip over those but i'm planning on getting all of the KH2 and Days ones.

SmilingMuse35

You're in for a treat!
I've read all of the KH1 and CoM but only the first volume of KH2. I've preordered the KH1FM's but I already own the CoM ones so I'll probably skip over those but i'm planning on getting all of the KH2 and Days ones.

Now I'm even more excited for these books! I'll probably read them all without stopping between chapters in each volume. :)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Now I'm even more excited for these books! I'll probably read them all without stopping between chapters in each volume. :)

That's what I did! There's a lot of humor in them too.

By the way they've made manga versions of how many of the games now? 4? Has there been any news on if the rest are going to be made into manga as well?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's what I did! There's a lot of humor in them too.

By the way they've made manga versions of how many of the games now? 4? Has there been any news on if the rest are going to be made into manga as well?

KH2v6 was just released last week. I imagine there are around 3 more volumes left until he finishes the game. In total, he's completed KH1, CoM, and Days. Nothing has been said about the series after.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I would assume BBS and DDD will be mangafied (sorry I had to) but do you think Coded will? If it does it will probably only be a volume maybe 2 like CoM.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well I would assume BBS and DDD will be mangafied (sorry I had to) but do you think Coded will? If it does it will probably only be a volume maybe 2 like CoM.

There's a possibility. He could take coded in many interesting ways, but I don't really foresee it exceeding one volume.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
So I assume both kh2 volumes will be omnibus's based on the page count.

The first kh2 manga volume has 198 pages.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I also assume that they'll both be turned into manga. I could see Coded being a really, short single volume or being completely ignored in all honesty, but I'd like to see one of every game in the series ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back