• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Title - Kingdom Hearts III
Rating - PG-13
Summary - It has been five years since Sora and Riku defeated Xemnas. On the world of Lumeria, a ceremony is taking place to honor the new High Priest of the Order of the Blade. The High Priest's adopted daughter, Kristine, is waiting for her love interest Neku, a young man who will receive the Keyblade forged in the Realm of Nothingness. After he arrives, another Keyblade wielder by the name of Sora arrives, and assassinates the the High Priest Credo. But, is this really Sora? Or is this an impostor trying to frame the real Sora? What does this mean for the real Sora?

Also, the Heartless have returned, and someone from Sora and Riku''s past adventures has returned to settle the score with the two heroes. But, what does this mean for Neku?

Prologue
Awakening​

A young man stood on a green pillar. He had brown, spiky hair, similar to Sora's, and had on black and gray clothing. He looked at his surrounding, seeing nothing but darkness around him. The young man looked at the pillar which stood beneath his feet. It was a stain glass pillar. On it was a picture of Sora, the Keyblade Master, and his Nobody, Roxas. Around the picture of Sora and Roxas were pictures of Sora's friends Goofy, Donald, Riku, Kairi, and King Mickey. The young man was very confused. He took one more look at his surrounding, and heard a voice ringing through his head.

"So much to do, so little time....Take your time. Don't be afraid. You have a perilous adventure ahead of you. You must prepare." said a voice to the young man, "Now, step forward. Can you do it?"

The young man walked forward, looking up. Just then, three pedestals appeared from out of the pillar. On the pillars appeared three weapons: a Sword, a Rod, and a Shield. The young man became even more confused. As he looked at the three weapons, the voice began talking to the him again. "Great power rests within you. If you give it form...it will give you strength. Choose well and wisely." finished the voice. The young man looked at the Sword, and walked up to it. But, he back away and looked towards the Shield. He walked up to it with a sense of confidence. Grabbing the Shield, he heard the voice yet again.

"The power of the Guardian.
Kindness to aid friends.
A shield to repel all.

Is this the power you seek?" asked the voice. In his mind, the young man responded yes. The weapon dematerialized from his hands. "Then your path is set. Now, what will you give up in exchange?" the voice asked. The young man turned around and looked at the Sword and the Rod. Choosing hard, well, and wisely, he chose to give up the power of the Mystic. The voice spoke to him yet again.

"The power of the Mystic.
Inner strength.
A staff of wonder and ruin.

You give up this power?" the voice asked. In his mind, the young man responded yes. The Rod dematerialized from his hands. "You have chosen the power of the Guardian. You've given up the power of the Mystic. Is this the form you choose?" the voice asked. In his mind, the young man responded yes. Soon after, the three pedestals collapsed. After that, the pillar below shattered. The young man fell into what seemed to be a bottomless pit. But, it was not a bottomless pit, it was another pillar. This time, the pillar was purple, with the same designs from the last pillar. The young man floated safely to the surface of the next pillar.

The Shield materialized in his hand, and the voice spoke once again. "You've gain the power to fight." said the voice. The young man pressed forward with his Shield, practicing his skills with a Shield.

"All right! You've got it," the voice said again, "Use this power to protect yourself and others. There will be times you have to fight. Keep your light burning strong." the voice finished. From out of the darkness appeared four Shadow Heartless, but the young man had no idea what these creatures were. One of the Shadows jumped at the young man, but he used the Shield to block the attack. Then, with three successful hits, he destroyed one of the Shadows. The others dissolved into the floor, disappearing.

The young man stayed in his fighting stance, but the Shadows reappeared from behind him. The voice yelled out, "Look out behind you!" and the young man turned around, and defeated the rest of the Shadows. After they were defeated, the pillar sinked into a pool of darkness, and so did the young man. But, he was not dead. On a pink pillar with the same images as the last two pillars, the young man was squirming around on the floor, thinking he was still sinking. But, he opened his eyes and realized he was on another pillar.

On this pillar, a door was in the middle of the pillar. The boy walked towards it, and opened it. A bright light came from out the door, and he entered it. He was on some sort of intersection after entering the door. In each part of the intersection, three people stood. The voice spoke yet again.

"Hold on. You're not ready to begin your adventure just yet. First, tell me more about yourself." said the voice. The young man shook his head and looked North. He walked at the girl that stood at the North intersection. He walked up to her, and she asked him a question, "What's most important to you?"

The young man replied Friendship. "Is friendship really that big of a deal?" the girl asked.

He then walked up to a boy on the Southern intersection. This boy seemed to be his age. The boy asked him a question, "What do you want outta life?"

The young man replied "To be strong."

"To be strong, eh?" the boy asked.

He then walked up to an older man at the East intersection. The man asked him a difficult question, "What are you afraid of?"

"Losing my friends." was the boy's response.

The voice spoke to the young man once again, "You want friendship. You want to be strong. You're afraid of losing your friends...Your adventure begins at midday. Keep a steady pace and you'll come through fine. The day you help the other Keyblade Masters stop the evil that is to come is far off and very near."

The young man looked at the West intersection. There was a bright light at the end. The young man followed it, and arrived on a yellow pillar with, yet again, the same design as the other pillars. There was a light shining down in the middle of the pillar. The young man walked into the light, and the voice spoke to him, "The closer you get to the light...the greater your shadow becomes." The young man turned around, and his shadow grew taller. It then arose from out the ground, and walked towards the young man. It grew larger, and the young man became frightened.

"But don't be afraid...

And don't forget..." the voice said.

The young man ran away, but stopped himself as he almost fell over the pillar. He then turned around, and his shadow became ten times his size. The young man pulled out the Shield, and engaged his enlarged shadow in battle. He attacked it's hands, weakening it. He then attacked it's head, greatly weakening it. But, the shadow stomped it's foot, shaking the pillar, and the young man fell to the floor. Cornered, he figured that there was only one thing to do: throw the Shield at the shadow's head. He did, and the Shadow was defeated. But, it tried to take the young man with him. It stomped it's hands on the pillar, and a pool of darkness began engulfing the both of them.

"---But don't be afraid" the voice said again. "And don't forget, Neku..."

"You hold one of the mightiest weapons of all within you."

The young man became engulfed in the pool, and it seemed as if it was all over for him.

Next Time:
A Ceremony Interrupted

Last edited:
A

Azrael

I like. Krateroi demands more or else he shall Force choke T_M

Crimson Jazz

Where the firetruck is my fanclub?

Chapter I
A Ceremony Interrupted​

A young man, seemingly 18 or so, jumped from out of his bed. He was breathing heavily, acting as if he just came out from a nightmare. The young man looked around, noticing that he was in his bedroom, which needed to be clean. He put both his hands to his head, and felt scared. He began to talk.

"Was...was that a dream? Such a weird place...And, who was that voice? And what did it mean by 'perilous adventure ahead of me'?" the young man said. He looked at the clock, and realized that he was about to be late for the ceremony at the Opera House. A surprised look came on his face, and he jumped out of bed. Putting on his clothes, he left his house, and ran as fast as he could towards the Opera House.

The young man's name was Neku (Nee-Cu), and what would happen to him in the next few moments would be all apart of his predetermined fate. At the Opera House, the Order of the Blade, the body of government charged with protecting the people, was conducting a ceremony in order to honor the newly elected High Priest of the Order of the Blade. Inside, a young woman stood in front of the Opera House's audience, looking around for Neku. But the young woman, whose name was Kristine, failed to see Neku in the audience.

Disappointed, Kristine began singing a song to start the ceremony.

Meanwhile, Neku ran past the Lumerian Park and headed towards Main Street, a few blocks away from the Opera House. It seemed everyone was present at the Opera House, as all the streets were empty. Neku ran past Main Street, and the Opera House was just straight ahead. But, something was not right. All of the sudden, the sky became as dark as night, and a cold breeze shivered down Neku's spine. He stopped running, and sensed danger. He began walking quietly up the street to the Opera House. Then, he heard a screeching sound from behind him. But, Neku chose to ignore this and continue on quietly. He was actually one of the few who was smart enough to NOT investigate a strange sound.

But, Neku heard the sound again, and stopped walking. He looked behind him, and saw nothing. Now Neku grew frightened. He began power-walking. Then, he was in the main courtyard of the Opera House. But, Neku stopped, as a pool of Darkness formed around him. From out the pool came several Neo-Shadow Heartless. Now, Neku was terrified. He tried to back up, but there were Neo-Shadows behind him. He was surrounded, with nowhere to go. One Neo-Shadow squirmed, and jumped at Neku. Neku raised his arm to his face. He thought he was done for.

But, he was oh so wrong.

A bright light shined around Neku, and the Neo-Shadow Heartless that jumped at Neku was sent far back. Neku opened his eyes, and something was in his hand. It was the Keyblade. The Kingdom Key of the Realm of Nothingness. This Keyblade had a gray coloring on the mouth and blade, while the hilt was silver. The Keychain was a golden Mickey Symbol, which brings out the Keyblade's true form and power. Neku looked at the Keyblade, and became astounded. Then, he heard the very same voice from his Awakening.

"Keyblade...​

...Keyblade​

Keyblade..."​

Neku took a swing of the Keyblade, and knew exactly what to do. He attacked the Neo-Shadows. With the swiftness of his newly-acquired Keyblade, he took down the opponents with ease. Then, just then, the sky became blue again, and it was midday. The rest of the Neo-Shadow Heartless disappeared, and a confused look went on Neku's face. Putting the Keyblade away, Neku ran towards the Opera House, and entered, just in time to hear Kristine finish her song. He sat on an empty pew, and, after finishing her song, Kristine sat next to him.

"Where were you? I was worried sick about you." Kristine said.

"Sorry, Kris. I...overslept. I guess I forgot to turn my alarm on last night." Neku responded.

"Shh, here comes the new High Priest." lilted a lady in front of Neku and Kristine.

The new High Priest Credo walked out from behind a door, and everyone stood. As the High Priest made his way to the altar, another man came from out another door. This man was Ignacio, the General of the Order of the Blade. After the High Priest was settled in, he looked at the audience and spoke, "My brothers and sisters, let us open up this ceremony with a prayer." Everyone bowed their heads, and the High Priest said a prayer. After he finished, something slammed against the front door. Then, there was another slam. Then, a third time, there was another slam. After that, the guard for the front door came flying into the Opera House.

Everyone gasped, and grew frightened. They looked behind them, and saw someone standing in the doorway. This person walked up the aisle, and had on black clothing. Neku and Kristine watched this person walk up the aisle, but did nothing, as they did not know what the stranger was capable of. The stranger stopped right in front of the High Priest, and took out a weapon. Neku, along with the High Priest Credo and Ignacio, easily recognized this weapon. It was they Keyblade from the Realm of Light. If that was the Keyblade from the Realm of Light, then the stranger MUST have been Sora. Or, at least, an IMPOSTOR of Sora.

Grabbing the High Priest by the neck, 'Sora' impaled Credo, killing him. 'Sora' removed his Keyblade from the High Priest's body, and threw the corpse into a wall. Everyone in the audience fled the scene, screaming. Neku then stood up, angered, and attacked 'Sora'. Neku revealed his newly-acquired Keyblade to 'Sora', Kristine, and the members of the Order of the Blade. Neku rushed Sora, swinging his Keyblade at him. But, Sora dodged this attack, and swung his own Keyblade at Neku, slashing him on the chest. Neku crashed into a wall after this attack. He then turned around, attacking Sora. Sora used his Keyblade to block these attacks. Sora then used his magic and sent a Blizzard spell at Neku, but missed, and froze an Order soldier.

This battle seemed never-ending, as both Keyblade Masters seemed evenly matched. Neku grabbed the handle of his Keyblade tightly, and rushed Sora. Somehow, he teleported behind Sora, grabbed his arm, and threw him into a statue. 'Sora' laughed, and jumped off the statue. He then spoke to Neku.

"You know...you've got something different from the others." 'Sora' said.

"Others? What are you talking about?" Neku asked.

'Sora' turned around, and looked up at a window, "You'll find out sooner or later. See you around, kid." he said as he snapped his fingers and jumped through the window and exited the scene. Neku tried to follow him, but Sora escaped in his Gummi Ship, fleeing from the world. Just then, the world became overflown with Heartless. In the Opera House, the Order of the Blade's soldiers were trying to fight off Heartless. Outside, people were losing their hearts to the Heartless.

"Neku! Get to a Gummi Ship and follow that assassin before he gets out of reach!" ordered Ignacio.

"But what about you? And Kristine? And the rest of the Order? And the civilians?" Neku asked.

"Don't worry, I'll get everyone to the Airship and we'll be right behind you!" replied Ignacio, destroying a Heartless.

"But what if something happens to you guys?" asked Neku, fending off a Heartless.

"If we don't make it, then you'll just have to stop that assassin all on your own! Now GO! That's an order!" Ignacio yelled, helping out an Order soldier.

Neku shook his head, and went over to Kristine. He grabbed her by the waist and kissed her passionately. He whispered something to her in her ear and left the Opera House. Afterwards, he headed towards the Gummi Garage. After destroying the Heartless that were near the Garage, he entered a Gummi Ship and started it up. Neku headed into orbit, spotting "Sora" in his Gummi Ship. He followed him as fast as he could. They engaged in a space battle. After nearly an hour of shooting and dodging, "Sora" was victorious. He nearly destroyed Neku's ship. The engines on Neku's gummi failed, and he crash landed on a mysterious world...

Meanwhile, back on Lumeria...

The Order of the Blade was valiantly doing the best they could to stop the Heartless. They were almost done defeating all of the remaining Heartless. But, a large ball of darkness appeared from out the sky. Ignacio saw it, and ordered every soldier and civilian to head to the Airship. He grabbed Kristine, and the ran to the Airship. Ignacio and the Airship pilots raced to the controls of the Airship and started it up. When nearly everyone was on board, the ship began lifting off. It was almost in orbit. Looking out of the window, Kristine saw a man standing on the ground, watching the ship lift off. She thought this was a person they forgot. She turned to go to Ignacio and told him to turn around.

"Ignacio, turn around now! We forgot someone!" Kristine yelled.

"What? Who?" asked Ignacio.

"I don't know, I can't see him clearly. Let me check again." she said. She headed back towards the window, but grew confused as she noticed that the man had disappeared. She waved her hand and told Ignacio to keep going. They were almost in orbit.

But, just then, the ball of darkness began sucking everything up. Ignacio and the pilots struggled to get the airship out of Lumeria's atmosphere.

"Everyone, hang on to something!" Ignacio yelled.

But, the world disappeared from out of it's place, sucked up by the ball of darkness.

Whether or not the Airship made it out of Lumeria is unknown.

Meanwhile, at Disney Castle...

Donald Duck, the Court Royal Magician at Disney Castle, was walking through the Courtyard after exiting the Gummi Garage. He then entered the Castle and stood in front of the large door to King Mickey and Queen Minnie's throne room. A smaller door opened, and Donald walked through it. As he entered the throne room, Donald looked up to King Mickey's throne, and noticed, yet again, that the King was not present. Donald yelled, and raced up to King Mickey's throne. When he reached the King's throne, he saw a letter. He grabbed the letter off of King Mickey's throne and read it.

Dear Donald and Goofy,

Master Yen Sid has informed me that the worlds are starting to disappear again, and that the Heartless are back. And you know what that means: the Keyholes have opened again. They need to be locked. I'm leaving to find out why and how the Heartless have returned. Master Yen Sid also told me that there's a new Keyblade wielder around. You two must find this new Keyblade wielder and convince him to close the Keyholes of any worlds you visit.

The disappearance of these worlds and the return of the Heartless are more than just mere coincidences. Someone or something is leading the Heartless. And I believe I know who it is, and I'm going to find him. Master Yen Sid is going with me on this journey, too. Please fellas, find this new Keyblade wielder. Start your search at Radiant Garden. The fate of the Universe and our survival depends on it. And guys, don't tell Sora and Riku, the two of them have been through a lot already as it is. And, tell my love that I'm sorry for leaving her behind... again.

Donald folded the letter, put his head down, and sighed, "Oh no, not another adventure..." he said, "Well, I'd better go and get Goofy and then let the Queen know."

"Let me know what, Donald?" Queen Minnie asked, scaring Donald. He turned around, and saw that Goofy, Queen Minnie, and Daisy were standing in front of him.

Donald laughed, and began explaining.

Next Time:
Enter The Radiant Garden

Last edited:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I'm hoping to see more of your work T-M, it's very well done.
*reps*

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone
If you don't mind a bit of constructive critism I have a little for you.

First of all everything happened way too fast. The battel of Neku against Sora could have been longer and with more descriptions. And you used Sora way too much in the first chapter too.

Second - your story is kinda similar to Devil May Cry 4 and in that case I'm gonna assume Sora is like Dante.

Other than those I think your story was good. I really look forward to the next chapter.

Crimson Jazz

The next chapter will be posted by Monday, at the least.
Maybe even later today or tomorrow.

Also, just so you guys know: "Sora" isn't the Sora we all know and love (or hate). But, you'll find out who he is later on in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back