• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Promotion Begins!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well, lolz, I have an edge of nearly two years, y'know? xD

True that, I think the only country I can remember that had several official languages was Austria-Hungary, the double monarchy which ended after World War I.
This goes both ways around though as most German sayings are also incomprehensible by an English audience.

I think for that Japanese is also a bit too complex to learn just by watching some animes, lol.

They're in a business after all, and you can't go on with business if you don't have financial means to do so. If for example localizing stuff in Italian and Spanish would cost them more than it brings in it would be reasonable to say we make it only in English. The error of Square was to not say that in the very beginning (and actually releasing trailers with those two languages).
It's really somewhat weird as English is practically needed in a vast array of fields nowadays.
When I still went to school English was taught in Germany starting with the 5th grade, although nowadays I think children start to learn it already in 2nd grade, at ages 7 to 8.
It's strange that French actually gets priority over English, as the latter one is certainly the more important language. In Germany, English is always taught as the first foreign language, with either French or Italian coming as the second if students wish so.

Only shows that part of the fandom are hypocrites (see what I did here? *ggg*), if there isn't something to complain about they dig for something they can complain about.
I do not get this deal with Australia anyways. By all logic Australia should be included in the US release, as they a) speak English, just like the US and b) they are geographically way closer to the US than to Europe.

Thanks. ^__^

yeah, that's happened to me enough times too... The languages aren't always as compatible as I'd like.

Sadly. I'm just waiting for someone to invent something so I can just download Japanese into my brain.

Yeah that was Square's biggest mistake, I kinda have the feeling it might not only been because of financial means that they called it off, but that it wouldn't have met their planned deadline, seeing they apparently did start.

It's true that English has become very important in many jobs, heck I couldn't even do my job if I couldn't read English. Wow that's quite young that they learn it now. Here when I was in school we had it in 7th grade and in some schools it was optional, now I've heard it's been moved down to 5th Grade. I agree about French being less important, but I think it's this way because it's another official language of our country, also we used to be a bilingual Canton.

Yeah but that's true to any fandom. (Are you referring to YX calling Sora an hypocrite?)
Well isn't Australia still strongly connected to the UK. If that's no longer the case then like you said it would make more sense for it to be included in the US region of releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back