• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 is now available for preload on Xbox One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow this seems a little soon to preload the game this early. Have other game done this in the past?

Devil May Cry V, which is scheduled to release in March 2019, has been available for preload since last month.

This is a common occurrence and absolutely nothing to worry about!

the red monster

Awards
I don't like this approach at all, if the game is done just freaking release it instead of making people wait, i mean don't release it now but around start of january after getting the trailers out of the way.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well good thing I finally found where that cord to the external HDD was hiding yesterday. Now I can be sitting on both SSBU & KH3 pre-loads!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like this approach at all, if the game is done just freaking release it instead of making people wait, i mean don't release it now but around start of january after getting the trailers out of the way.

I think they’re waiting until the end of January so people in Western markets will have time to recuperate financially from the holidays. People will also start getting tax refunds around that time in the US. They want to please fans, but they also have to maximize sales.

My only issue is the release gap which is just like an annoying itch I can’t get rid of. I’ve accepted it, but it’s still annoying.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they’re waiting until the end of January so people in Western markets will have time to recuperate financially from the holidays. People will also start getting tax refunds around that time in the US. They want to please fans, but they also have to maximize sales.

My only issue is the release gap which is just like an annoying itch I can’t get rid of. I’ve accepted it, but it’s still annoying.

Yeah, I don't get why they can't push the JP release date by 4 days to make it even for everyone so we don't have to dodge spoilers online. We all know that imported copies will be posted all over the internet because anyone not in Japan doesn't have any semblance of decency when it comes to not trying to spoil stuff for everyone else.

Sdog

Awards
Still doesn't seem real to me.

And I know the chances of it happening are VERY VERY low, but if this is the one time someone is able to get any important data off a preload...

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Still doesn't seem real to me.

And I know the chances of it happening are VERY VERY low, but if this is the one time someone is able to get any important data off a preload...

Anything in particular you're wanting? I myself want to know if Keyblades and Forms level up. :D

Sdog

Awards
Anything in particular you're wanting? I myself want to know if Keyblades and Forms level up. :D

Shoot other than Radiant Garden to be playable and maybe what FF characters are gonna be appearing, nothing. Sure there's the pipe dream of both Treasure Planet and Atlantis being in this game but I think we're gonna be spoiled with content already.

I'm mostly being facetious to the fact this game is real and actually coming out. :p

Squall Strife

The datamining could be troublesome, it depends.

The file size is kinda disappointing there is going to be less content than Spyro Reignited Trilogy but I'm glad that KH3 hype is finally going to end soon. It's been long overdue.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In the slim chance someone actual datamines this game will there be a SPOILER thread?

Do you even need to ask? Of course there will be a discussion thread.

Not that it matters, as we've well established that KH3 isn't going to be hacked just because it's up for preload. It's hardly the most anticipated game coming to Xbox right now; I seriously doubt its hacking community is suddenly going to go into overdrive trying to get into this thing when they've got bigger fish to fry.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The file size is kinda disappointing there is going to be less content than Spyro Reignited Trilogy but I'm glad that KH3 hype is finally going to end soon. It's been long overdue.
That really isn’t how game data works.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anyone shocked you can preload on Xbox One before PS4? Tis nothing but a flesh wound for the Playstation bois.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The datamining could be troublesome, it depends.

That’s...not even how games work. Compression and optimization are things. A good development team with a smart workflow would also manage to cut down on junk data that would inflate a game’s data file. Some content heavy games have come out with only 16GB to their name. Spider-Man at launch only had a little over 10GB more than KH3...I could ramble on more.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'd also like to add that this is probably the biggest tease in gaming history.

k99y77

Awards
You guys better pray the X1 doesn't get hacked in the next 7 weeks. Expect a KH internet blackout if it did XD.

Leaferian

Awards
Now, game file size doesn't mean anything in regards to potential content. But, let's pretend it does. Horizon Zero Dawn (39ish) is 5GB more than KH3 (35ish), maximum. That's roughly 13% of the game's total file size. If that were to relate to game time, that's less than 3 hours of
"lost" content.

But, y'know. AGAIN, it doesn't mean anything. Completionist (100%) playtime for HZD is 60 hours. Persona 5, only 20GB (half the size of HZD, if you're bad at math), is literally 150+ hours for 100% completion.

File. Size. Means. N O T H I N G.

EDIT: The site ate my quote, I was quoting SquallStrife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back