• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Killer7

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Has anyone discovered and played this gem? Bought it about a year or two ago and beat it twice. Thinking about playing it again sometime. Created by Suda51 same dude that created No More Heroes. I know alot of you here are No More Heroes fans so I doubt you haven't heard or played this game.

killer7_rumor_smash.jpg

From wiki:

The title revolves around Harman Smith and Kun Lan, who are demi-gods, fighting a battle of good versus evil over several centuries. In the game's present, Harman has taken the form of a sixty-year-old assassin who is bound to a wheelchair, tended to by a maid named Samantha. He is capable of manifesting seven personalities into the real world, each with their own personal style of killing; the group is collectively known as the Killer7. The dominant personality is Garcian Smith, who, while in the presence of security cameras or television sets, has the ability to call upon the six other members of the Killer7 at any time. The other six personas, all with the Smith surname, include aggressive Irish-American Dan, barefoot Japanese-American female KAEDE, albino British Kevin, Puerto Rican Coyote, young Chinese Con, and Mexican wrestler MASK de Smith. Unlike most multiple personalities in fiction (and all real forms of the disorder), Harman does not just think he is someone else; rather, his personas actually take on a unique physical body when called upon. During the course of the game, the player is introduced to other ghostly figures from Harman's past that attempt to help the Killer7, including Travis Bell, the first target Harman assassinated, and Iwazaru, a subservient personality that appears from time to time in order to give the player hints.

In the near future, the Japanese United Nations Party is attempting to unify the world under Japanese control. To that end, Garcian Smith is asked by Christopher Mills, an agent of the United States to assassinate a number of targets that are working with the Party to prevent this from occurring. As Garcian and the Killer7 attempt these tasks, they find that their efforts are interfered with a mutant terrorist group known as "Heaven Smile"; the members have been converted by Kun Lan using his "God Hand" into living bombs.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I've wanted it for a while, now.
But lots of reviews say the controls suck.

Rorschach

The controls are more original than anything IMO. You get used to them rather quickly so I wouldn't say they suck. Then again I have the GC version which is apparently superior to the PS2 version when it comes to controls and graphics.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Well, it's not really that I was stuck so much as when the gameplay became even remotely challenging I grew bored of it. The gameplay was clever and everything but it never appealed to me all that much.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Got it for Christmas. Almost beat it, but other games distracted me. Haven't gotten back to it, yet.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The gameplay is pretty aggravating, but I think it was made that way intentionally, goes along with the sort of "fuck you America" message of the story.

It's worth playing just to experience the video/audio stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back