• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII-Sora's voice actor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverRain

I agree with Eternamente926, I don’t think Disney would really kick Osment out.
Though he wasn’t exactly held in esteem for his actions I don’t think they would get a new person. Most people like consistency even if they won’t admit it so they’ll want him to be Sora’s voice in the next game (if there is one). I don’t think that many people even know about what he did.

(If his voice was the problem, then they could simply alter it with all the new technology there is today.)

Also, celebrities draw people to them like moths to a flame so just having his name associated with the game is good enough publicity.

After all, beneath Disney’s “wish upon a star” crap, it’s really just like every other company. Disney needs money to keep it running just like Square does so if Osment will help bring in the dough, he probably won’t be going anywhere.

SORA RULEZ!!!!

I agree with Eternamente926, I don’t think Disney would really kick Osment out.
Though he wasn’t exactly held in esteem for his actions I don’t think they would get a new person. Most people like consistency even if they won’t admit it so they’ll want him to be Sora’s voice in the next game (if there is one). I don’t think that many people even know about what he did.

(If his voice was the problem, then they could simply alter it with all the new technology there is today.)

Also, celebrities draw people to them like moths to a flame so just having his name associated with the game is good enough publicity.

After all, beneath Disney’s “wish upon a star” crap, it’s really just like every other company. Disney needs money to keep it running just like Square does so if Osment will help bring in the dough, he probably won’t be going anywhere.

What did he do?:confused:

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Like was mentioned above, Sora might not make an appearnce in this title or at least might not have a direct role, but of course his journey will continue, maybe not in this installment or in this new series but Nomura believed that Sora's journey is not over and that we should take the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 into consideration. So in the later series when Sora's actual story picks up, I believe Haley would still do Sora's voice in the future Kingdom Hearts installment(s).

SilverRain

(2006) He was said to have been drinking and driving which caused him to crash his car. Police found that he was in possesion on illegal drugs as well. He was jailed and fined for a few months I believe.

Member XIV

I just thought about something...by the time Square announces the project, works on it, translates it and gets the english voice cast, what if Osment's voice is to old and mature for Sora?

They could find a person who sounds like him...

SORA RULEZ!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not Haley Joel Osment was still voicing Sora in KHIII. I heard a while back he was busted for having drugs and alcohol-something like that. Well, I'm just worried that Disney won't allow a guy that got caught with drugs to continue a series with the company's name on it. I'm sure this situation has probably happened before sometime, but I'm still concerned. The game just wouldn't be the same if Sora had a new voice!

WOW! What happened ther?:confused:

Rokkusasu

Twiilight Town...ahem! Mexico (unfortunately)*coug
SE and Disney will need to find someon else quickly, they wont hold him back but...well...he's getting...like...old...it'll be some time before the next KH, and Sora may not even be in it, it'll be even more time for the KH after that one, he'll be too old for Sora's voice by then (and I may be too old to play, but I'll still play it, I'll keep playing until I die! XD), unless his voice stays like that, which I doubt. They'll have to make an audition to find a fitting voice and there will be more talents by then so we shouldn't worry about it right now.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
Mr.Maky:drugs are bad, m'kay. if you do drugs, you will be bad m'kay?

Stan:M'kay mr maky.

Mr.Maky:m'kay glad you realize m'kay

stan:m'kay

m'kaym'kaym'kaym'kaym'kaym'kaym'kay

DRUGS ARE BAD

BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF HE BOUNCED BACK AND DID HTE NEXT KH

swizzle

You are such a drag..
SE and Disney will need to find someon else quickly, they wont hold him back but...well...he's getting...like...old...it'll be some time before the next KH, and Sora may not even be in it, it'll be even more time for the KH after that one, he'll be too old for Sora's voice by then (and I may be too old to play, but I'll still play it, I'll keep playing until I die! XD), unless his voice stays like that, which I doubt. They'll have to make an audition to find a fitting voice and there will be more talents by then so we shouldn't worry about it right now.
if there is a next kh....of course, if they dont have him again, it would be funny to see dave chappelle as sora.

can you imagine? AHHAHA! try to put a scene together, picture an emotional scene, where kiari, riku, and sora/dave are all together having a moment....but the catch is that sora/dave is HIGH!!! imagine what it would be like LOL:lol:

samurai sora

Get the guy that does Ichigo's VActing in america, that would be cool. He has a good change in tone, when needed.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Haley was around 18 years old when he did Sora's voice and he looked like he was near if not a full grown guy. Your voice does not change much over a period of time during your 20s-40s and Haley's voice had already changed from a boyish tone to a mature tone. Having Haley work on Sora's voice would not be a liability.

How old do you think David is, the person who does Riku's voice? Even though that accident Haley was involved in will never favor Disney but I can see them letting it slide. Given the Kingdom Hearts situation, who knows when Sora will become an issue due to the new series, but Sora is almost guranteed a spot in Kingdom Hearts again.

If it will be a installment or two possibly 3, then Square Enix might suggest that its time for the characters to be more mature, to fit the people playing the game. So Sora, Riku, and Kairi would be older and Square Enix would not have any problems with Sora's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back