• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII goes expensive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iholdthekeys

well w/e i agree with muffinman that things in japan do cost more than they do here in america, just check my post way up^^^ there

riku7244

wow ppl really freaking out over a game chill ppl i know its a kool game and if we have to pay a littel more o well but insted or fighting with ppl why dont u go out side or get a girl friend / boy friend or something get a life god

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Im not defending myself on this after this post.

It's MAAAAAADE in Japan. Made. Shoud I spell it? Meaning less costs... Meaning less money. Meaning more money for voice translation/text translation/import costs. Meaning more money. Meaning more than an average game...

KH1 wasnt as expensive because they didnt know if it would sell. Now they do know.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Some people here are being stupid, and not listening ot what New2ya is saying. If it costs 7700 yen, which is about $75USD, then (I'm taliking to you TMM) even if things in Japan cost more, after the famour actors put their voices in, and everything is translated, it will be back up to $75 USD. Price goes down due to culture, price goes back up due to greedy actors.

By the way, for those who are cool enough to live in Canada, like me, that is about $95 CDN. But that varies depending on the exchange rate. Hopefully the Cdn. dollar will jump up, and be equal, if not better than the USD by then.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Lol finally someone listening. Long time no see btw, BB.

Okay well I hope people will listen to BB then, since my part isnt really working here.

iholdthekeys

you know something, for all we know they could have made a typo and put 7700 yen by accident and meant to put 6600 yen......... and here we are arguing about what the cost of kingdom hearts II will be........ why don't we all sit back, relax, drink a pepsi (or coke if u want), and let's just sit around and wait till the game comes out.......

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Finally we have something interesting and new to talk about, and now people complain we are talking about it? I dont see why. Its rather interesting actually.

And I doubt its a typo. A game that is so big and would be less than Tekken 5? Not even you would believe that.

KratosAurion

OK THE PRICE FOR THE NA VERSION WILL NOT BE 80$!!!!!! Japanese games are always a little over-priced compared to a NA PS2 game, SO IT WILL STILL BE 50$!!!! THE ONLY TIME I THINK IN HISTORY WHERE A GAME HAS COSTED MORE THAN 50 BUCKS, WAS POKEMON COLISEUM 2 FOR N64!!! JUST CHILL PPL AND STOP SPREADING 80$ CRAP!!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The standard for ALL PS2 games is 50$. They have been one, mabey two games not 50$ (US). All of Japan's game prices ALWAYS vary, there are tons of games ranging from different yen prices, but the US has always had the 50$ standard.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Im not gonna go back to the "Why its not 50 bucks stuff* I explained it already.

As for 80 bucks, I exaggerated a bit, its exactly $73,07. Still, it's a lot of money. (I used special calculators)

The standard for ALL PS2 games is 50$. They have been one, mabey two games not 50$ (US). All of Japan's game prices ALWAYS vary, there are tons of games ranging from different yen prices, but the US has always had the 50$ standard.
butt! dont be foolish! read everything me and BB wrote cuz you deny the easy facts.

Last edited:

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
monkeybutt said:

Standards aren't rules, just guidelines.

By the mathematical calculations, it should cost $70+. I don't think that they'd drop their price by $20 a game just for a standard that people think is a rule. If KH2 sells a million copies (which won't be hard for it) then that's a loss of $20 million, which no company would want to do without, if they could stop it.

AForgottenMemory

Don't be ridiculous! Unless KHII happens to come with a lot of extra stuff it will not cost anymore than your average game! There is nothing to debate here! It's one word against another!

Wait. See. And then realise you are wrong...

iholdthekeys

New2Ya said:
Im not gonna go back to the "Why its not 50 bucks stuff* I explained it already.

As for 80 bucks, I exaggerated a bit, its exactly $73,07. Still, it's a lot of money. (I used special calculators)

butt! dont be foolish! read everything me and BB wrote cuz you deny the easy facts.

i don't think u understand........ we're not trying to say that ur calculations are wrong.... cuz they're right....... but bcuz of the different cultures and economy we have between us and japan.......... such as they have a smaller population than us........ they need to charge people more money so their government can have plenty of money 2 try 2 start a WWIII with us over hiroshima and nokumura or w/e that other town was called......... but whatever....... in a nutshell japan charges more cuz they want 2 but all ps2 games such as monkeybutt said are all at the $50 standard price and after a while the price drops to $20 and becomes a greatest hit as well.........

New2Ya

I'm lost...
If BB didnt make it clear enough for people here, then forget it. Just wait and see, all I can say.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
New2Ya said:
If BB didnt make it clear enough for people here, then forget it. Just wait and see, all I can say.

We will.

Sadly, if you want to go by mathmatical equations, NEW GAMES in the US would range from $3 to over $120. That is not how it works. It isnt a direct carry over.

KratosAurion

It doesnt really matter if you used a special calculator. That price is a dollar conversion for the JAPANESE ONLY price. I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT, because I know Japanese fluently, and I decided to get the Japanese game first, but still buy the NA Version.

AForgottenMemory

It's clear what BB said and technically he's right, but iholdthekeys has already explained countless times to why KHII will not cost anymore in US/Europe than your average game.

Have you done any research on how much other games cost in Japan? Final Fantasy X perhaps? Or even the original KH?

iholdthekeys

KratosAurion said:
It doesnt really matter if you used a special calculator. That price is a dollar conversion for the JAPANESE ONLY price.

that's what i've been trying to say... if it costs 7700 yen..... then that means it will cost $73..... but thatz if u bought the game over there...... if you bought it here it would cheaper..... the game will be around $50 with tax...... because here in america we don't charge so much money for things where as in japan they will charge you more money 4 a loaf of bread then what we paid for a loaf of bread here in the U.S. of A.

EDIT: also on a sidenote... i am trying to find a new sig. except with kh2 this time and not digimon.... so if you have anything let me know.... i will give you credit

Last edited:

yuna:)

The most it'll be is $49.99 at walmart, I'll get KH2 there....don't know how much it'll be in other places....

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
New2ya, you are correct, but you fail to understand the way the American System works, and honestly you dont o.o Allow me to quote myself:

It's called: Suggested Retail Price
=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back