• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ Finally Translated into ENGLISH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
Basically what it does from what I was told is that it switched D3D from Hardware mode to software mode and vise versa. Basically there's a bug where it wouldn't render the whole frame for whatever reason and by hitting f9 twice it fixed it up.

venomblade

Basically what it does from what I was told is that it switched D3D from Hardware mode to software mode and vise versa. Basically there's a bug where it wouldn't render the whole frame for whatever reason and by hitting f9 twice it fixed it up.

Ah I see, do you have to do that everytime you start the emulator up?

Tenbeat

Awards
The thing that sucks, PCSX2 doesn't work on a Windows Vista.

If I am wrong, and you know how to make it work, please PM me, and tell me how.

venomblade

The thing that sucks, PCSX2 doesn't work on a Windows Vista.

If I am wrong, and you know how to make it work, please PM me, and tell me how.

It does run on vista. If you're trying to run it and you're getting something about "lock pages" or something with the word lock in it , this is the fix

You'll need to enable the lock pages in memory option manually in Vista. Got to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy and go into Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment. Look for the line on the right that reads "Lock Pages In Memory" and add your user account there (you must be an administrator on the Vista PC to do this). Once done, reboot, and you should be able to run it.
wink.gif

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Pcsx2 works like a dream for me.

Finished playing KH1FM (100% done) and am now streaming Re:CoM which is playing flawlessly too. Not only at bare minimum, i'm running it at 6x native res (so, in HD/HQ)

If you wanna see my settings and stuff, drop by the stream(find my thread) and i can show you :)

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
Pcsx2 works like a dream for me.

Finished playing KH1FM (100% done) and am now streaming Re:CoM which is playing flawlessly too. Not only at bare minimum, i'm running it at 6x native res (so, in HD/HQ)

If you wanna see my settings and stuff, drop by the stream(find my thread) and i can show you :)

Yeah, I downloaded Re: CoM because it wasn't (and probably never will be) released in Australia :(. I'm surprised at how well games run on that emulator. Really surprised. By the way, that KH1FM wouldn't happen to be translated would it? =/

Last edited:

venomblade

Yeah, I downloaded Re: CoM because it wasn't (and probably never will be) released in Australia :(. I'm surprised at how well games run on that emulator. Really surprised. By the way, that KH1FM wouldn't happen to be translated would it? =/

I would like to know this too! I'm also running 6x native, and everything looks soooo good at constant 60 fps, couldn't ask for more.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I would like to know this too! I'm also running 6x native, and everything looks soooo good at constant 60 fps, couldn't ask for more.
Nah, not translated, but you can manage w/o :p
Just keep the gamefaq translation guide open

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
Nah, not translated, but you can manage w/o :p
Just keep the gamefaq translation guide open

Sigh, too much work. Someone translate it damnit.

EDIT: Hey hey venom, looky what I got working :p - http://i.imgur.com/oDV6O.png - While JPCSP is shit compared to PCSX2 (production quality wise, there's more bugs and annoyances than there are features) it at least actually plays the damn game unlike PCSP. Apparently PCSP works with a very small amount of commercial games (i.e it's useless) so you have to use JPCSP. But there are so many hoops you have to jump through to get the game working on JPCSP that I'm not going to type them up unless someone wants to know how to play KH: BBS FM (English) using JPCSP. Anyway, I hope I can import my normal BBS save off my PSP as I've finished Terra's story, level 50 with almost everything unlocked.
EDIT 2: Boy oh boy is it laggy as hell. I can't seem to find any save points either. Hmm.
EDIT 3: Fixed the lag but I can't see save points and my town map is transparent (I can only see the key indicating where I am, nothing else =/)
EDIT 4: I have concluded that JPCSP doesn't work well with KH: BBS/FM. Off to try and get some CFW working on my PSP /sigh.
EDIT 5: Got CFW 6.35prob5 on my PSP now. Using Prometheus loader to play BBS: FM on my PSP :D No more having to deal with shit PSP emulators. Yay. Gonna take some getting used to this new O is enter crap. Dunno how the Japs can live with themselves. Crazy I tell you.

Last edited:

venomblade

Sigh, too much work. Someone translate it damnit.

EDIT: Hey hey venom, looky what I got working :p - http://<a href="http://i.imgur.com/oDV6O.png" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/oDV6O.png</a>http://i.imgur.com/oDV6O.png - While JPCSP is shit compared to PCSX2 (production quality wise, there's more bugs and annoyances than there are features) it at least actually plays the damn game unlike PCSP. Apparently PCSP works with a very small amount of commercial games (i.e it's useless) so you have to use JPCSP. But there are so many hoops you have to jump through to get the game working on JPCSP that I'm not going to type them up unless someone wants to know how to play KH: BBS FM (English) using JPCSP. Anyway, I hope I can import my normal BBS save off my PSP as I've finished Terra's story, level 50 with almost everything unlocked.
EDIT 2: Boy oh boy is it laggy as hell. I can't seem to find any save points either. Hmm.
EDIT 3: Fixed the lag but I can't see save points and my town map is transparent (I can only see the key indicating where I am, nothing else =/)
EDIT 4: I have concluded that JPCSP doesn't work well with KH: BBS/FM. Off to try and get some CFW working on my PSP /sigh.
EDIT 5: Got CFW 6.35prob5 on my PSP now. Using Prometheus loader to play BBS: FM on my PSP :D No more having to deal with shit PSP emulators. Yay. Gonna take some getting used to this new O is enter crap. Dunno how the Japs can live with themselves. Crazy I tell you.

lmao glad you saw how crappy JPCSP is first hand, as well as getting your PSP with cfw. Is that perm cfw or temp? I haven't checked the cfw scene in awhile(i'm still on 5.50 prome-4) and I remember the 3000s only having temporary cfw(so when you turned it off and turned it on the cfw is gone) but maybe times have changed.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
lmao glad you saw how crappy JPCSP is first hand, as well as getting your PSP with cfw. Is that perm cfw or temp? I haven't checked the cfw scene in awhile(i'm still on 5.50 prome-4) and I remember the 3000s only having temporary cfw(so when you turned it off and turned it on the cfw is gone) but maybe times have changed.

Nah it's temp but I can live with it. It's pretty fast to get it setup. All you do is upgrade/downgrade Official firmware to 6.35, then download the 6.35pro CFW. Since they found out the encryption codes for signed apps you can run the CFW as if it were a movie or a picture. Just run it, takes like 5 seconds to install and another 5 seconds to reboot and wallah you have a hacked PSP. Get Prometheus ISO loader and you can play ISOs.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Gonna take some getting used to this new O is enter crap. Dunno how the Japs can live with themselves. Crazy I tell you.
Haha, yeh i am experiencing this now while playing Re:CoM... after having finished KHFM :p
Grats on the new firmware, maybe you should consider a permanent CFW, one that has great support for PS1 games too (To play the good FFs (IV, VI, VII, etc.) You're also able to access the PSN with one of them, if i recall correctly...

Awards
I got it to work, and it did fine for a couple of days. Today, however, for some reason the screen would go black during certain points and not allow me to continue the game - for example, right before a cutscene, or right after one. You can still hear the field music and everything but the screen stays blank and I'd have to reset the game. I tried re-burning but it didn't work. Yes my PS2 is fully modded. Any tips?

venomblade

I got it to work, and it did fine for a couple of days. Today, however, for some reason the screen would go black during certain points and not allow me to continue the game - for example, right before a cutscene, or right after one. You can still hear the field music and everything but the screen stays blank and I'd have to reset the game. I tried re-burning but it didn't work. Yes my PS2 is fully modded. Any tips?

How exactly is your ps2 modded? Mod chip? Free MCBoot with ESR? Did you try reburning it at a slower speed?

venomblade

I'm not sure, where I'm from you can buy modded PS2s, I think it's been done with a mod chip. I burned it at 4x.

Well easy way to tell is, if you take out all the memory cards and start up the ps2, and if it starts normal, unhacked then it's just something like memor32 or the more recent free mcboot. Anyways, what .iso image did you use? My links? Someone elses? I downloaded an .iso somewhere, and it was altered already so it didn't take well to the english patch. The game froze alot, and in beast's castle every text had the work "FAKE" so i found an untouched kh2fm ntsc-j .iso, english patched it, and uploaded it ( links in my post on second page) and all works fine now.

Awards
Well easy way to tell is, if you take out all the memory cards and start up the ps2, and if it starts normal, unhacked then it's just something like memor32 or the more recent free mcboot. Anyways, what .iso image did you use? My links? Someone elses? I downloaded an .iso somewhere, and it was altered already so it didn't take well to the english patch. The game froze alot, and in beast's castle every text had the work "FAKE" so i found an untouched kh2fm ntsc-j .iso, english patched it, and uploaded it ( links in my post on second page) and all works fine now.

My PS2 starts up fine. I'm sorry, don't really get what you mean by memor32 and mcboot - I'm terrible at these things, forgive me ._.' I downloaded an ISO off a torrent website; I think I'll give your link a shot. Thanks very much!

venomblade

My PS2 starts up fine. I'm sorry, don't really get what you mean by memor32 and mcboot - I'm terrible at these things, forgive me ._.' I downloaded an ISO off a torrent website; I think I'll give your link a shot. Thanks very much!

You should have no problems with mine :), feel free to msg/pm me if you do run into any trouble with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back