• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ English? Play-Asia?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

aku8roku13

The World That Never Was, taking naughty pics of A
On Play Asia, it says that it has the English Dub feature, but only plays on Japanese PS2's... Is this true?? Are the English voices legit?? I'm confused, and I don't wanna waste my money if I can't understand or play it. I'd be happy with subs, but can it play on an American PS2??? I'll buy a Japanese one if I have to!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ Has English Dubbed voices and Japanese Subtitles. Thats it. If you want to play it on your American PS2 you'd have to get a Swap Magic.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well, its not going to be released in American stores, but its available for importing, so technically, its being forcibly released, not officialy

Prince Zuko

Sweet!! Thanks... *adds to Christmas list* XD

Keep in mind all the new cutscenes they added are in Japanese only. (You can easily find fan translations via Youtube and whatnot).

And all the text is in Japanese. i.e. The menus as well. (There are plenty of guides online, though).

So yeah, it's worth the import.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
On Play Asia, it says that it has the English Dub feature, but only plays on Japanese PS2's... Is this true?? Are the English voices legit?? I'm confused, and I don't wanna waste my money if I can't understand or play it. I'd be happy with subs, but can it play on an American PS2??? I'll buy a Japanese one if I have to!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Text and menus are all in Japanese, as is all of Re: COM.

The only thing English about this game is the dub of KH2's cutscenes. But I'm sure this has already been said.

I suggest you do your research first before deciding to buy it. There are several things you need to check first in order to know how and if you can actually use the SwapMagic tools.

Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

This is the User Guide. I think that official one is still the best one out there. Otherwise you can have a look at one of the many tutorials on Youtube.

Also, if you have a European PS2, you might get some problems with it.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Darn.... Those region free Ps2's are friggen awesome, but I have way too much expensive shit on my list to buy that too. Dammit....
I guess so but, they have a big sale going right now and you could always add it just in case.

The sale could be exclusive to members though, I'm not sure

Mine's White and they work like a charm. Not just region free games either, the work on movies as well <3

Qarx

Text and menus are all in Japanese, as is all of Re: COM.

The only thing English about this game is the dub of KH2's cutscenes. But I'm sure this has already been said.

I suggest you do your research first before deciding to buy it. There are several things you need to check first in order to know how and if you can actually use the SwapMagic tools.

This is the User Guide. I think that official one is still the best one out there. Otherwise you can have a look at one of the many tutorials on Youtube.

Also, if you have a European PS2, you might get some problems with it.

It pisses me off that all the videos were deleted off of youtube for copyright enfringement.

Or at they were the last time I checked.

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;
sooo.... in order to play KH2fm+ on an US PS2, you need this swap magic thing?....Is it dangerous for your PS2?

First of all, this:

You have to watch out though, I've encountered and heard of problems with trying to get it to work on PAL systems.

Although I've heard of a lot of people who got it to work properly, I've also heard of some problems with it:

1. Rather big black margin at the bottom of the screen, the screen is smaller.
2. The game runs slower, but it's really not that much.
3. Sound and Audio are not in synch in normal cutscenes, with Animated sequences, like the opening, secret endings, intros, etc. the sound is completely screwed.

I've heard before that these problems only occur when you try to run it on a 60HZ incapable TV, but I can't tell for sure.

Secondly, there are a few things that you can do wrong, concerning the tools you need beside the actual SwapMagic3 disc.

You should check this link out to read it up.

Since I've only used the Slide Card before, the only info I can give you for that is that you can spoil the disc tray while trying to take off the front cover of it (which is required) , if you don't do it carefully.

The rest, I'm afraid, you'll have to read up yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back