• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 FM+: A Business Perspective

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi_Shock

EDIT: Ive posted this in a bunch of threads already, so instead of having to post it multiple times, I made a thread.

EDIT: This is an explaination of some of the aspects that go into re-making a game. These reasons might affect SE's decision to re-releasing it. So before you hate on Japan, consider these first.

Final Mix+ sales < Final Mix+ re-production

They have to spend money getting the original English voice actors all back together.

They have to spend money adding to the original KH2 game for US and PAL Regions.
They have to spend money remaking RE: COM with English acting/translations.
They have to spend money shipping out a bunch of new FM+ games, HOPING that everyone who said they are going to buy it stay committed. (lol, you know those parents that dont understand buying the "same" game over again)
They have to spend money advertising it all over again.
They have to compete with the original KH2 and COM that have already dropped in price.
They also have to risk the special market that is Play Asia. It wouldnt be Play Asia, if everyone in the world got the same treatment. It would lose its value.

No Flamming.

No Spamming.

Feel free to add on to, or argue your opinion.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
...if I could, I would SO rep you for this. Pretty much everything is absolutely correct. I agree 100%. I've seen so many people saying it'd make money if it came here, and they don't even think about those factors at all.

Awards
Unless anyone here has some sort of degree in business, you really have no idea what you're talking about considering you won't know how they'll statistically play out. The only way we know that it isn't coming is simply because Square Enix isn't bringing it, not because of supposed factors that we try to argue with.

I could argue with "convincing evidence", conversely, that the game is coming, but it all just boils down to a pseudo-business tactic. In all honesty, you cannot pin point why the game is not coming.

So you don't really need this topic. If people are under the delusion that the game is coming, tell them otherwise. But if they need this kind of "proof", don't even bother. Let them believe in a false hope.

Souten Ni Zase

Unless anyone here has some sort of degree in business, you really have no idea what you're talking about considering you won't know how they'll statistically play out. The only way we know that it isn't coming is simply because Square Enix isn't bringing it, not because of supposed factors that we try to argue with.
Demi's reasoning sounds pretty logical to me.

Demi_Shock

I could argue with "convincing evidence", conversely, that the game is coming, but it all just boils down to a pseudo-business tactic. In all honesty, you cannot pin point why the game is not coming.

So you don't really need this topic. If people are under the delusion that the game is coming, tell them otherwise. But if they need this kind of "proof", don't even bother. Let them believe in a false hope.

It doesnt take someone with a business degree to find out if you're going to make money or not.

I said this, me being a double major in Psychology and Business in his 3rd year. Thats why I said its a "logical argument", and from someone who is taking business classes, its a "business perspective."

I never claimed any of this to be factual.

Its a realistic topic, with a realistic argument.

If you read the purpose of this thread, then you will understand that its from a business point of view, not meant to diminish people's hope. They can hope all they want, I just want to present my argument.

Awards
It doesnt take someone with a business degree to find out if you're going to make money or not.

I said this, me being a double major in Psychology and Business in his 3rd year. Thats why I said its a "logical argument", and from someone who is taking business classes, its a "business perspective."

I never claimed any of this to be factual.

Its a realistic topic, with a realistic argument.

If you read the purpose of this thread, then you will understand that its from a business point of view, not meant to diminish people's hope. They can hope all they want, I just want to present my argument.

Actually it does in this case. If you're at a lemonade stand, that's a different story.

You don't claim it to be factual, but you present it as such, which is a pseudo way of presentation. Looks logical and convincing. But if it's not factual but relatively "realistic" there's not point in posting it because as far as we know any of it can be totally off the mark. I figured you'd know that from your background.

If it's not to diminish people's hopes than why bother posting it? You're the one who said you had to continually post it. And for what reason? Oh yes, to convince people "rationally" why it won't come, thus diminishing hope.

I'm not arguing that the game will come. My point is that you should just leave it alone, unless you have actual, tangible facts in front of you. This topic won't stop people from trying to believe that it will come, so my advice is just to ignore them.

Demi_Shock

Actually it does in this case. If you're at a lemonade stand, that's a different story.

You don't claim it to be factual, but you present it as such, which is a pseudo way of presentation. Looks logical and convincing. But if it's not factual but relatively "realistic" there's not point in posting it because as far as we know any of it can be totally off the mark. I figured you'd know that from your background.

If it's not to diminish people's hopes than why bother posting it? You're the one who said you had to continually post it. And for what reason? Oh yes, to convince people "rationally" why it won't come, thus diminishing hope.

I'm not arguing that the game will come. My point is that you should just leave it alone, unless you have actual, tangible facts in front of you. This topic won't stop people from trying to believe that it will come, so my advice is just to ignore them.

I dunno what world you live in, but making money and not making money isnt hard to figure out.

Would you read what I posted? I never said "Hey here is a bunch of facts that are right." I stated its a logical business argument. Argument. My side to the issue. Its realistic. Its logical. I NEVER said it was "100% right, you gotta believe it." Dont make assumptions when the fine print is on the thread itself.

I simply made a thread because I wanted to have discussion about the business aspect of it, not if its coming or not. I was tired of reading all the "its coming/not coming" threads. No hope diminishing there. I think people can hope all they want. I have no say in what they do. If I wanted to diminish their hopes, then I would just simply type in caps ITS NOT COMING like some people have been.

My point is that this is a logical argument. I dont care if the game comes or not. Its a business argument. Read the post.

If you dont like the thread, dont post, thats all I have to say. Im not gonna waste my time arguing if this thread has a purpose or not. My advice: Ignore a thread you think has no purpose instead of stating so. It will kill itself.

Demi_Shock

lol, its not a matter of getting it into their heads, just a matter of getting them to at least respect our opinion on the matter.

I think they should be able to hope for it.

Awards
I dunno what world you live in, but making money and not making money isnt hard to figure out.

Would you read what I posted? I never said "Hey here is a bunch of facts that are right." I stated its a logical business argument. Argument. My side to the issue. Its realistic. Its logical. I NEVER said it was "100% right, you gotta believe it." Dont make assumptions when the fine print is on the thread itself.

I simply made a thread because I wanted to have discussion about the business aspect of it, not if its coming or not. I was tired of reading all the "its coming/not coming" threads. No hope diminishing there. I think people can hope all they want. I have no say in what they do. If I wanted to diminish their hopes, then I would just simply type in caps ITS NOT COMING like some people have been.

My point is that this is a logical argument. I dont care if the game comes or not. Its a business argument. Read the post.

If you dont like the thread, dont post, thats all I have to say. Im not gonna waste my time arguing if this thread has a purpose or not. My advice: Ignore a thread you think has no purpose instead of stating so. It will kill itself.

And I never said this thread has no purpose. It has no relevant content. Not only that, but you're insinuating it isn't coming, which doesn't need "IT'S NOT COMING" said flat out to get a point across, otherwise this thread would make no sense.

Perhaps you should have called this thread "A Logical Perspective" rather than the misleading "A Business Perspective". I entered actually thinking that you had some info pertaining to Square Enix's Private Limited Company.

Demi_Shock

And I never said this thread has no purpose. It has no relevant content. Not only that, but you're insinuating it isn't coming, which doesn't need "IT'S NOT COMING" said flat out to get a point across, otherwise this thread would make no sense.

Perhaps you should have called this thread "A Logical Perspective" rather than the misleading "A Business Perspective". I entered actually thinking that you had some info pertaining to Square Enix's Private Limited Company.

Im PRESENTING A BUSINESS RELATED ARGUMENT. Why cant you get that? Do I need to simplify it for you? I never said its not coming. I said this is probably why SE will not send FM+ to the US and PAL regions.

I think you did.

A little insinuating, isnt it?

"A Business Perspective"
Contains business related information. Contains a perspective. Dont see anything misleading about it.

Like I stated before,

If you dont like the thread, then dont post.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well this thread didn't need to be made. If people don't understand that we won't get FM+ let them keep hoping that we will. I don't care personally KH2 kinda (well it did) ruin the series for me so I won't be playing anymore if they are like KH2, and from what I hear about KH2FM+ it's no different, but a few scenes here, and a little new boss there (Terra, and COM Org. Members).

Anyway most of the people that said they would buy this game probably wouldn't.

Awards
Im PRESENTING A BUSINESS RELATED ARGUMENT. Why cant you get that? Do I need to simplify it for you? I never said its not coming. I said this is probably why SE will not send FM+ to the US and PAL regions.

I think you did.

A little insinuating, isnt it?

"A Business Perspective"
Contains business related information. Contains a perspective. Dont see anything misleading about it.

Like I stated before,

If you dont like the thread, then dont post.
No you don't need to simplify it. Quite the contrary, I'd like you to either use the word logic rather than business or expand on it so that it does actually involve some business statistics. The latter I doubt you can do.

I wasn't insinuating at all, you clearly cannot understand such a simple concept. I said you don't NEED this topic. I never said this topic doesn't have a PURPOSE.

If you don't see anything misleading I recommend you go back to class.

I can post in here. I'm arguing against your argument, nothing wrong with that. Just because you can't bear someone else disagreeing with you means nothing. Actually I probably will leave only because you're extremely ignorant and close minded to what I've been saying. What a shame.

Business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Square Enix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Demi_Shock

No you don't need to simplify it. Quite the contrary, I'd like you to either use the word logic rather than business or expand on it so that it does actually involve some business statistics. The latter I doubt you can do.

I wasn't insinuating at all, you clearly cannot understand such a simple concept. I said you don't NEED this topic. I never said this topic doesn't have a PURPOSE.

If you don't see anything misleading I recommend you go back to class.

I can post in here. I'm arguing against your argument, nothing wrong with that. Just because you can't bear someone else disagreeing with you means nothing. Actually I probably will leave only because you're extremely ignorant and close minded to what I've been saying. What a shame.

Business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Square Enix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I have been listening to you, im still arguing the point of this thread, which is to state possible business related reasons why SE probably will not release FM+ right now.

You have been ignoring that. You are looking for business statistics, this is for discussing release options that SE has, and why certain things affect the release of FM+.

This thread was put up because there are some people need to know what business aspects go into a remake, because it influences the decision from SE.

All I have stated is that looking at the buisness Point of view,this is a bad move. (refer to original post) There is a loss money wise.

Insinuating- to instill or infuse subtly or artfully, as into the mind: to insinuate doubts through propaganda.
This is probably what meaning you are looking for.

I NEVER once said it inst coming EVER, I simply said that they probably werent going to send it here right now because...(original post)

Im giving people a few behind the scenes things that go into the COST of re-making a game for US and PAL. Not everyone looks at all the Business aspects of the situation. They just assume that Japan doesnt want us to have it.

You have failed to realize that numerous times.

If you are looking for statistics on FM+ Sales, I can provide them:

The top 3 best-selling PlayStation 2 games:
1.Orochi Warriors
2.Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3.Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix +

IGN: Japanese Sales: 2007's First Half

Kingdom Hearts II, FFXII propel Square profits - PlayStation 2 News at GameSpot

These facts will be useless to you, because they are of no relavence to the purpose of my thread.

All I was stating is what Business aspects people are overlooking when it comes to a REMAKE.

You have failed to agknowledge that this thread is for that reason alone. Thats the only thing I have been arguing.

What I cant stand to bear is people who insult the intellegence of others, without knowing them.

Try and be an A**hole somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back