• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1.5 will use original English voices?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will it? I do not know this for truth. Something in me says they will redo the voicing - but recent trailer seems to contradict?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Will it? I do not know this for truth. Something in me says they will redo the voicing - but recent trailer seems to contradict?

The game will retain the original voices. The cutscenes of Enigmatic Man and Cloud/Sephiroth are intended to be silent as it is in the Japanese version of 1.5. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will have new voice acting aside from scenes that have already been voiced.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only voice acting they've redone is for Ansem the Wise in the Days scenes. Since Christopher Lee could not reprise the role and they had remade a few extra scenes with the character in it, Corey Burton re-recorded his lines for consistency.

Pestilence

Awards
The only voice acting they've redone is for Ansem the Wise in the Days scenes. Since Christopher Lee could not reprise the role and they had remade a few extra scenes with the character in it, Corey Burton re-recorded his lines for consistency.

Makes you wonder how it will be in 2.5. I mean, It's friggin Cristopher Lee, you wouldn't want to replace his original VA.

But then again it would make sense for two reasons: By doing that it would bring back full consistency with DiZ voice and they probably will have FM cutscenes voiced at least in the japanese version since they already have the lines recorded. There are of course two other outcomes here if they go with Lee: either they can leave the scenes silent or just the one where he is in or they can get the VA from original Days scene and put it in there. Who knows tho with SE if they still have the good quality recording available anywhere since they can't exactly rip off the super low Q straight from the DS cartridge.

Edit: after a fast check it isn't all that bad after all. Well I guess the next question would be if they have the permission to use the VA as they wish/CL gives them permission/if SE localisation is competent enough to do that anyway.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
They will not redub over Christopher Lee. Reasons being because they didn't do that for Billy Zane.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Makes you wonder how it will be in 2.5. I mean, It's friggin Cristopher Lee, you wouldn't want to replace his original VA.

They wouldn't redub KH2. They only dubbed Days in 1.5, and only replaced Lee because it was all new content. Due to the high volume of additional scenes in KH2FM, they would only dub the additional stuff (if they choose to do so) and Re:coded.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They wouldn't redub KH2. They only dubbed Days in 1.5, and only replaced Lee because it was all new content. Due to the high volume of additional scenes in KH2FM, they would only dub the additional stuff (if they choose to do so) and Re:coded.

But I gotta wonder, if they dub the final mix scenes for KH2 in English-which they may not, but if they did I foresee a problem. Christopher Lee has already recorded all his content for that INCLUDING the extra scenes because they appeared in the original Days. But, Namine has an extra scene, and Brittany Snow is nowhere to be found. Would they let Meaghan Martin do just the one scene or do you suppose they'd dub over all of Namine's lines? They seem to really care about consistency in-game.

-Roxas-XIII-

Something I'm curious about is Sephiroth's VA.

He was vocied by Lance Bass in the original KH1 and KH1FM, but they recorded new Japanese voices for him in 1.5. Does this mean that, for the English release, they will replace Lance Bass with George Newbern who voiced Sephiroth in KH2 and FF7AC? They could literally just swap the sound files because his only lines are in-battle quotes.

I somehow doubt they will do this, but it would be a HUGE improvement over his terrible voice-over in KH1.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
But I gotta wonder, if they dub the final mix scenes for KH2 in English-which they may not, but if they did I foresee a problem. Christopher Lee has already recorded all his content for that INCLUDING the extra scenes because they appeared in the original Days. But, Namine has an extra scene, and Brittany Snow is nowhere to be found. Would they let Meaghan Martin do just the one scene or do you suppose they'd dub over all of Namine's lines? They seem to really care about consistency in-game.

If they were smart S-E would just add the Christopher Lee lines in the KH2 version. Consistency error? Yes, but hey they did the same with Billy Zane. Brittney Snow will likely stay too. These HD remasters are meant to be low budget regardless of all the extra stuff they put it. So if anything's unnecessary and doesn't fit the budget they won't do it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Thing is that keeping Lee would be a bigger consistency error than Zane or Snow. Snow doesn't sound too different from Meghan Martin, and Richard Epcar was eventually able to closely emulate Zane's voice but Corey Burton has a softness that is never present in Lee's vocal performances.

But I would like them to keep him in KH2. The only new scene that has his dialogue, if they choose to use voices, can simply reuse it from the flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back