• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Don't get too excited, Yunie, I'm not big on this one. =(

Chapter Eighty-Three

Sora removed himself from thought, taking a deep breath. Perhaps, if he was lucky, neither of them would have to be defeated. No blood would be shed here.

“Loki…” he whispered, bravely standing forward, dismissing the Keyblade. Loki’s eyes widened at this strange action, then narrowed with suspicion. What was this man doing? “Is… is that why you’re doing this?”

“What?” Loki barked tersely. Sora wasn’t making sense. “Elaborate.” Sora sighed at the words, looking him in the eyes. He knew he had to be careful here. One word out of place and he’d certainly need his reflexes; he was risking Loki’s volcanic wrath.

“Mikado…” he began carefully, stepping on eggshells. “He was the only one that loved you.” Loki’s breaths became tight, trapped somewhere between his chest, and his lips. His face furrowed in a scowl. “That’s why you’re so intent on doing this for him. You don’t really care about getting power.”

Loki gritted his teeth, throwing his gaze to one side. His eyes closed as he tried to hide his emotion. Pangs of disbelief shuddered through his body as he stood there. Sora had figured it out, and his words drove daggers into his soul. Loki’s shoulders shifted, dragged further down by the weight of his breaths. Refusing to believe Sora, he continued.

“Of course I do,” he snorted, acting as though Sora‘s suggestion was entirely preposterous. “You think I would spend all this time doing this just for Mikado? Just because he loved me?” His words were accompanied by sour lips, and a raised eyebrow.

Sora gave a single, convinced nod, prompting a long, resonant laugh from the man.

A long, forced laugh.

“Ridiculous,” he roared, trying to convince himself as well as Sora. “Of course I want the power! You think I would spend seven years meticulously planning out every detail just to get what Mikado wished for? As a sort of homage to him?”

“I do,” Sora insisted quietly, arms down at his sides. “And it’s why you’re still going through with it, even now.” Loki snorted a breath.

“You’re half right,” he commented stubbornly, refusing to admit anything sentimental about himself. His arms were folded tightly over his heaving chest. “I never hid the fact that this is revenge. I have said on a number of occasions that I am doing this for Mikado.” It was time to silence Sora before he went too far. Sora was wrong; he just had to be. His hard fists clenched. “I will have revenge for the way you killed him.”

With a sudden burst of incredible speed, Loki flew from his spot, pounding Sora’s cheek with a well-aimed punch.

The pain was excruciating - Sora was surprised his jaw hadn’t shattered yet - but he knew he had to think fast, and ignore the agony. He’d tried to get through to Loki with his words, but it seemed the man refused to listen to any sort of reason. Sora knew he was right - given the reaction Loki had shown - but it seemed that Loki refused to admit to such things; responding, as always, with some sort of violent onslaught. There he was again, holding back his fist for a second strike.

Sora wasn’t about to wait around to get hurt. Throwing himself back, he landed on his toes, dodging Loki’s punches with all the agility he could muster. Holding an arm out, he summoned the Keyblade once more, now able to defend himself against the vicious strikes.

Loki smirked at Sora’s dependence - well, not so much at the weakness, but the opportunity to change the subject.

“Can’t you fight without the Keyblade?” he commented, raising an eyebrow. He threw a kick to Sora’s shoulder, but missed as the man hurled himself to one side. “Seems you depend upon the weapon.”

Sora ignored these comments, knowing that such manipulation was Loki’s specialty. If he had been a little more naïve, then he’d have most likely dismissed the Keyblade, trying to battle with his bare fists - which would have almost certainly led to his death. He was strong, but his body couldn’t cope with physical attacks the way Loki’s could. He did wonder why Loki did not wield a weapon. Then again, if his body was that strong, Sora knew he probably wouldn’t use a weapon, either.

Sable withheld her breath as she watched the two duelling furiously, pain swelling through her being.

Sora’s right,” she thought, eyes watery. “Loki was just out for Mikado’s approval. He was desperate to thank him for his affection.” A slight smile came to her as she thought of Loki’s stubborn streak. “He’ll never admit it, but it’s true.

Her smile fell, seeing Loki get smacked with the blade, stumbling backwards with the force. This fight was killing her. All she wanted was for Loki to escape, unharmed. She could care less about Mikado’s plans - not that she’d ever tell Loki so - and the idea of destroying Sora made no difference to her.

To be entirely honest with herself, she had never really been interested in kidnapping children, or any of the hare-brained schemes Loki had come up with to make Mikado’s plans succeed. She’d only gone along with such plots to gain Loki’s approval, and affection. From their first meeting, she knew that he was to become very dear to her - but, she had never anticipated that they’d fall in love. Devoted to him, she did not want to see him hurt.

All the more reason she wanted this battle to end.

Dodging a strike, determined to get his point across, Sora refused to let his issue drop.

“Admit it,” he grunted between attacks, whirling around with the Keyblade. A few strikes landed, but nothing too serious, unfortunately. “You’re only doing this to show Mikado how you felt. You don‘t care about any of the power, you don‘t care about this world domination.” He smiled, seeing the fury in Loki’s eyes. “You aren’t as heartless as they think. You’ve admitted how dear your friends are to you. You‘re doing this because Mikado loved you.”

Sora’s words fuelled Loki’s rage, sending the man into a state of blind ferocity. He roared at the top of his lungs, throwing himself forward for another string of attacks. Kicks lunged forward, accompanied by furious punches, all underscored by his livid shouts.

Retaliating, Sora fought back, jabbing with the Keyblade, striking Loki’s efforts away with a swipe of gold. Thankfully, the man seemed to be tiring - every now and then, Loki would release a pained cry, the Keyblade’s sheer power crushing through him.

Sable shuddered with every haunting cry, the howl sending shockwaves to the depths of her soul. She could hardly bear to watch as the Keyblade struck him, sending him backwards as the pain surged through his body.

The cries were becoming more frequent. Sobs fell from her lips, words trembling from her. Tears streamed down her face in glowing torrents as she watched the proud man slowly crumbling at Sora’s hands. Blinded by his sheer rage, refusing to believe that Sora was right, he was not giving this battle his full attention - and now, he was paying the painful price.

It was all happening so fast. It all seemed so rushed - moments ago, Loki was snarling and shouting as usual, yet now, he was at Sora’s mercy, frantically trying to land just one strike.

Suddenly, with one powerful blow to the side of the head, he hit the ground. A scream escaped her as Sora stood over him, swinging one arm back for a finishing strike. Clearly focusing all of his might, Sora was giving this everything he had.

Without another thought, she burst from her spot, racing towards them as fast as she could possibly move; leaping over the table, she threw herself before Sora - and into the path of his attack.

Lying on the cold ground, breaths heavy, and aching, Loki’s black eyes widened in sheer horror, his stomach dropping like a stone as he saw the blazing gold club her fragile monochrome form. That shrill, agonising cry would remain in his head forever, accompanied by that terrifying image of her frail body, falling limp to the floor.

Seeing the look of absolute terror in Loki’s face, Sora gingerly stepped back on shaking legs, unsure of what he’d done. Guilt washed over him, swelling through his heart. Sable had come from nowhere. He hadn’t meant to hurt her. Now, Loki looked entirely devastated, wrenching himself up to her aid, sheer panic sweeping through his heaving body.

“Sable?!” he cried out, falling to his knees, into a crumpled heap at her side. “Sable?”

Words could not truly comprehend just how he felt at seeing her this way. Seeing her cry was painful, but this was enough to destroy him. His hands found her small face, jittering fingers attempting to caress her cheeks as she lay there before him. Short gasps for breath escaped his quivering lips, his shining eyes begging for her to wake. Body trembling as he leaned down to embrace her, he felt a tear shiver down his cheek.

“Please,” he whispered to her, nuzzling her face with his own. “Don’t do this…” A sob burst from him, piercing through Sora‘s guilty heart. “Don’t leave me, not like he did!”

Solemnly stepping back, Sora hung his head, shame running through his veins. Knowing just how desperate, and heartbroken - well, if he had a heart - Loki would be feeling, he couldn’t help the severe guilt burning in the back of his head; this was just how he’d felt when Kairi had been hurt, and it was agonising to think he’d caused someone else to feel that hideous way. He felt like a monster. Striking her was unintentional, but now, with the benefit of hindsight - truly, a wonderful, yet entirely pointless tool - he knew that either way, one of these people would have been shattered by his finishing blow. If he’d hit Loki, Sable would have been the one in this state; crying, begging for their beloved to wake. Unable to tear his eyes from the two, he stepped backwards again, moving closer to Riku; similarly shocked by the event.

Pulling away from her once more, Loki let a loving hand trail down her cheek, his fingers tenderly trying to coax her from this state. Now, crouched at her side, a number of familiar feelings ran through him, culminating together in a swathing sensation of realisation.

Sora was right.

All he wanted was for someone to love him. Someone to hold him, someone to appreciate him for who he really was; a sarcastic, lupine man, with a foul temper, and raging, violent tendencies. That someone had turned out to be Sable.

Many shuddered at his presence. Most couldn’t bear to look into his eyes. He struck fear into the souls of those he met with a single glance. Sable loved him despite the sheer darkness emanated from him, encapsulated with his single goal - which, now, he fully understood for the first time.

All he truly wanted was to repay Mikado for his love - and, the one way he knew he could do this? Achieving the goal he died striving to reach.

Running down her cheek, to her neck, his hand traced her warm skin as he begged for her to look at him.

His eyes widened slightly, fingers resting gently upon her neck.

A pulse, gentle beneath his fingertips.

It was slow, and unsteady, but there it was.

Eyes wide as a child’s, he looked to Orexein, tears running down his face. Sensing the bewildered tremors emanating from his friend, Orexein moved to the ground, settling at the opposite side of Sable’s body. Tremulously taking Orexein’s hand, Loki pressed it to that same spot.

“She has a heart,” Orexein concluded, his voice a baffled breath. He could not believe it, but it was true. A slight smile appeared upon his lips as his old face met Loki’s. “I suppose it is obvious now.” Loki stared back at him as a fawn, unsure, unsteady, terrified at what his words might bring. Orexein‘s face softened. “You wouldn’t believe how scared she’s been, all through your battle. Her fear for you felt stronger than the anger felt by both you and Sora. She did not want to see you get hurt. She threw herself forward without thinking, to save you.”

Loki’s bleary eyes wandered her face as he shook his head.

“I wish she hadn’t,” he said, seemingly forgetting Sora’s presence. “I wish it had been me.” He grasped her warm hand. “I did not want to see you get hurt.” Tears rolled from his black eyes. “If I had known this would happen, I wouldn’t have let things go this far… I would have quit for you.”

A short silence followed, but was broken by Orexein’s sigh.

“You still can,” Orexein murmured softly, rather unusually for the old man. Loki looked to him. “She’s alive, but hurt badly.” He breathed a long, ponderous sigh. “I think you have a decision to make.”

… I know that was explained horribly. Here’s a summary.

Mikado was the only person ever to love Loki, despite his flaws. So, in return for this, Loki decided to achieve Mikado’s goal - world domination, blah blah blah - to thank him for his affection. However, unable to form the link between the two, Loki was convinced he was doing so just to get revenge for Sora killing Mikado.

… still confusing. I hate my stupid way of writing. >.> This chapter is appalling. It’s supposed to be important, but the writing seems so half-assed, despite the work I put into it. -.- Would you believe I’ve freaking rewritten it twice? It’s entirely biased, which I cannot stand - as much as I adore Loki and Sable, I focus on them way too much. That, and it’s short. o_O;

I like the idea, but not the way I wrote it.

*snow’s in a bad mood with herself*

<3

I

The Show Must Go On
Lol, Snow. I liked it. Kinda reminded me of the HPLV monolouging at the end of HPDH, but it was very good. You betta not kill Sable, yo, because... because I said so, that's why!

*huggles Mikado*

Poor Sable...

IchigoNeko

Hi snow!

..I thought the chapter was good...

And I kinda feel sorry for Loki now. Actually, I really feel sorry for Loki now. I want the good guys to win, but which one of them is nice (nicer?)?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
No, I better clear this up.

The next fic will NOT have anything to do with TFF. UNLESS I decide to write some TNG one-shots. =D Yesh, TNG one-shots.

Lol, thanks Shattered Redemption. If that was in a good way xD

Hey IchigoNeko *waves* Thanks a lot, I didn't like it though. Lol, I think I made Loki a little too likeable.

<3

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Omg that was beautiful. Dx It made me so sad. Poor Loki! I loved it though.

I just realized that both of our bad guys cried. O.O

I

The Show Must Go On
^Lol.

Haha, Snow, you're not alone in being critical of your work. Seriously, I hate my writing, I only do it because Oreo might eat me if I don't. Actually, Oreo's not the only reason I do it, but like I said, she would eat me if I didn't, so... ya.

*huggles the fic*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back