• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Sora x Kairi? That's kewl, but Loki x Sable is where it's at. ~.^

Sorry that this is late, again. It was late for a number of reasons, some of which I won’t go into.

Chapter Seventy-Eight

“Another shift,” Loki whispered, eyes narrowed into gleaming black slits as he stood there, rubbing his brow with firm fingers. There’d been many fluctuations in energy that night, but none as strong as this sudden plunge into darkness. “I think someone has the upper hand over Sora.”

Trying to sense what this meant, Loki stood silently pondering over the thought, skin prickling with goose bumps as the energy shivered through his form.

“What do you think, Sable?” he suddenly mumbled, his stern face meeting her body, sat silent at the edge of the table. He received no response, prompting a slight quiver from him. “Sable?”

Her solitary figure shrugged, seemingly dispelling his concern.

“I suppose,” he commented, arms behind his back, striding restlessly around the room, his dark form occasionally flooded illuminated within a shaft of moonlight. “It could be anything, I suppose. It could simply be a battle going on.” The wild anticipation in his black eyes faded as his gaze met her.

Sable looked up slightly, locks of ebony hair falling soft over her white - yet, strangely blank - face, her eyes bleak and miserable. Shrugging her weighty shoulders, as if she could care less, she brought her hands to the table’s edge - digging her fingernails into the underside with a nervous motion. Watching her anxious actions, lit by the watery moonlight, Loki raised a furry eyebrow, but softened his stare.

“I think they’re gonna be here, soon,” she whispered, noticing his sudden interest in her, his concerned gaze as he forlornly stuttered towards her. She curled a loose tendril of hair behind her ear. “It’s dark now, but it won’t stay this way.” Approaching her, Loki placed a hand on her knee as she swung her legs beneath the table.

“How do you know that?” he purred in a usual gravely tone, yet with a shade of concern for her. This wasn’t like her at all.

“I don’t know,” she muttered, tilting her head to the ground, doing all it took to avoid his eyes. Loki did not give a response right away, debating over whether she was alright.

“Is everything - ” she interrupted him with a single nod, cutting him off. He squeezed her knee softly. “Are you - ”

Noticing her aversion to him, he carefully let her chin rest in his capable hands, turning her face towards him as he leaned down to her. Squatting before her, he tilted his head at the sight looking back at him.

Sable’s eyes gleamed, but not with her usual, feline charm. This time, their glow came from gathering fear, collected tears glistening in the moonlight. Loki looked at her, saddened by her sudden state of sorrow, but was not sure of what to say to her. His lips parted to speak, but nothing escaped him as he gazed at her. Quivering, she closed her eyes - but not before a single tear slipped from them. She bit her lip tremulously.

Lifting a finger to dry her cheek, he ran a hand over her hair.

“What is the matter?” he asked, in the most gentle tone she’d ever heard from him. He wouldn’t admit so, but he was terrified to see her so upset. Whatever had caused her sorrow, he wanted it to leave her - soon. Seeing her cry was a horrible experience.

Without speaking a word, she inclined forward, letting herself fall into his shoulder. Feeling a shudder of fear, he awkwardly embraced her, bringing her down to his knee. Holding her body close to his own, lowering her to the ground, he cradled her, letting his face nestle into the side of her cheek.

This was strange. The moment the darkness swelled, she seemed to have changed completely. Small, niggling feelings of doubt filled him, along with the wash of concern that flowed through his body, collecting together within his chest to create an agonising, terrified feeling of anxiety. Although curled up in his arms, he felt as if she were in some unreachable place, lost from his grasp.

All he wanted was for her to be alright. The sound of her muffled whimpers against his chest, the trickles of her warm tears, the shudder of her body; all of it unfamiliar, and daunting. It was horrible, like some nightmarish vision - and yet, it was merely the act of crying. He didn’t know what was wrong. He didn’t know where it had come from. All he knew was that he wanted to do anything possible to get rid of her sorrow.

Nuzzling his face into hers, he let a kiss caress her cheek.

Sable felt his kiss upon her skin, the caress of his hair swathing gently around her, enveloping her. Holding him tighter, gripping him closer with desperate arms, she couldn’t bear to let him go. Time was rushing around her, yet all she wanted, more than anything else, was for it to stop, never to begin again for all eternity.

It felt like everything had just begun, yet now, curled up around him, it seemed like it could all come crashing down around her at any moment. Loki was so certain about it, yet… now, that the time was so very close, Sable’s doubts had grown to unbelievable proportions. All she wanted was for him to be with her, and now, someone was coming to steal him away.

“I don’t want him to get here,” she suddenly whispered, voice trembling with her tears. She shook her head with her words, grasping at his shirt with nervous fingers. Loki tilted his head, black hair falling loosely around him as he looked upon her tearstained face.

“Who?” he purred softly. “Sora?” She nodded, beginning to cry again as she held her head in her hands. He breathed a long, quivering sigh, one never to be expected from the man - one of intense empathy. Drawing her into his strong arms, he wanted nothing more than to protect her. “Come here.”

“We can‘t let this happen,” she mumbled, tears running down her face. Her resonating voice begged for some sort of reassurance, crying for his comfort. “Loki, I - I can’t let him, not now, not now all of this has…”

Loki took a long, ponderous breath, saddened all of a sudden - he knew exactly what she meant now.

“It’s okay,” he reassured her, rubbing his hands over her shoulders, before drawing her close once more. “Don’t worry about any of this.”

“I can’t help it,” she whispered, crying into his chest, “I mean, he defeated Mikado, and all of a sudden, he came back, wiping us out one by one.” She looked up at him with deep, aching eyes, streaming with heartbreak. “Loki, what if he… he…”

“What?” he asked softly, unable to comprehend her meaning. Losing hadn’t really crossed his determined mind. Sable jolted her head to him, unintentionally screeching at the man.

“What if you lose?!” a cry burst from her. Startled, he looked back at her with widening eyes. Shaking his head, he placed his hands upon her shoulders.

“I won’t,” he insisted softly. “Sora cannot win. A surge of darkness that great can only mean something bad for the light. There is only one figure of light left standing, and that is Sora.” Sable shook her head.

“But what if it isn’t?” she cried, tears rolling down each cheek. “Let’s say… if. If you’re wrong. If you lose. What will happen then, huh?”

Loki narrowed his eyes at the thought. Losing was certainly not an option here. But, as he thought, it began to dawn on him that it wasn’t an option for Mikado, either. His loss had come as a complete shock to him. The same could happen to him - any moment now.

Worse still, he couldn’t think of a response to her question - the first time he’d been lost for words in his entire life.

“Sable,” he purred, bringing her deeper into his arms. He managed a stuttered breath of a laugh. “Leave all of the worrying to me.”

She tightened her grasp around him, as if refusing to let him leave her arms. She shook her head, cries becoming louder as she sobbed, trembling fingers running over his body.

He gave a saddened sigh, realising that no matter how he tried, his words were not going to help her now.

“What if she wins,” she whispered, resting herself on his chest, fingers enrapt in his hair, “and he… he…” Her eyes found his gaze, black, shimmering with tears. “What if he kills you?”

A shiver ran down his spine as her words struck him, dumbfounding him for a moment. He started to speak, but his words faded out, his lips moving, but no sound escaping them. A long sigh escaped him, his eyes glazing over with thought. He shrugged, giving a nonchalant façade.

“He won’t,” he protested firmly, his voice booming. “He cannot defeat us.”

“How can you be so sure?” she whispered, hands brought up to meet his face. “Mikado was sure he would not lose, either.” He gritted his teeth.

“This… this is different,” he grumbled, eyes avoiding hers. “Jinn, Kali and the others were too afraid to help him take on Sora. You and Orexein are here with me. The three of us will win.”

“I suppose,” Sable mumbled, hands losing his face, eyes meeting his chest. “But there’s always a chance that… Well, we’re outnumbered. What if they get us all?”

“They won’t,” he said firmly, taking her by the shoulders. An awkward look appeared upon his face. “And even if he… does…”

Sable tilted her head as he tenderly wiped away her tears.

“We’ll still… be together.”

~*~

The silence rung around them as they stood, panic surging through their bodies. The ominous echo of the slammed door had gone now, after reverberating right through them for an agonising minute. The protection of the painted angels above had forsaken them.

“We… we can’t just stand here!” Riku roared, turning to the group in a whirl of rage. “He’ll be killed!”

“Exactly,” King Mickey nodded, a furious look within his stern, fixed face. Already making a decision for them, he stood forward, summoning his Keyblade. “We have to help him out here.”

“There’s just one problem,” a small voice said gently from behind. Both turned to see Imari, sitting at Kairi’s side, the baby held firm in her arms. Her eyes were wide with concern. “What about Kairi?” Riku thought for a few moments, eyes glazing over as he blankly stared at her anxious features.

“She’s only asleep, right?” he asked, voice quieter. Imari nodded, hair framing her face. “We could leave her here to rest.”

“Are you sure it’s a good idea?” King Mickey asked the two. Goofy scratched his head with his free arm.

“How many members are left?” he asked, hand moving down to rub his chin in a surprisingly thoughtful motion. King Mickey counted on his fingers.

“Four,” he concluded. “We know who they are.” Riku gave a single nod, but then after a second thought, he raised an eyebrow.

“Orexein, Sable, and Loki,” he said, his tone inviting for the King to contribute a fourth name. “What about the fourth?”

“Kali,” the King said, a stern look upon his face. How could the man forget?

“Ah,” Riku rubbed his brow. He then looked to Kairi, a slight smile upon his face, knowing she was alright - but the thought of Sora in Loki’s clutches was enough to wipe the smile away for good. “We have to help Sora.”

“We could stay here,” Donald suddenly offered, a serious look upon his face for once. “You two could go after Orexein!”

King Mickey looked over to Riku, seriously considering this option.

“It would make sense,” he said, in a whisper, hair over his eyes. Moving towards Imari, he placed his hands on her shoulders, turquoise eyes finding hers. “You’ll be alright, won’t you?”

“Yes,” she smiled back, understanding, giving a nod to both Donald and Goofy. “They’ll keep us safe. You guys need to find Sora.” She held every confidence in Riku.

“Thanks,” he smiled, taking her and the baby into his arms, all too pleased to feel them within his touch. He hated to think such things, but it began to dawn on him that, in reality, this might be the last time he saw them both. A quiver stirred inside, prompting him to hold them tighter.

It was not as though he anticipated failure; rather, he knew he’d regret not saying goodbye, should anything happen to him. His fingertips ran down her back, before rising back up, toying with the soft curls at her nape. Absorbing her playful smile with a long kiss, it pained him to break the embrace; the parting was particularly anxious, given the daunting task at hand.

“I love you,” he whispered within a smile, hiding his fears. “Both of you.” Kissing Imari’s cheek, before gently stroking the baby’s head, he rose to his feet, holding his sword tightly in hand.

Standing proud, at the King’s side, he readied himself to go.

“We’ll be back with Sora,” the King stated, “don’t go anywhere, okay?”

With that, they took off, both running at a furious speed.

~*~

“Whe-where am I?”

The question swam through Sora’s mind with great, sweeping motions, spreading tremors of confusion and fear through his entire body, intensified further by the agonising pangs of his heartbeat.

Enveloped in darkness, he felt his brow furrowing with lines of frustration, teeth clenching together, fists curling.

Little waves of consciousness swathed around him, lightening the darkness for but a moment, before plunging him back into the unknown depths of dark unconsciousness. It was frustrating to be so close to regaining his senses, then, just as they tingled once more, ready for action, to be thrown back, struck down so that he felt nothing at all; other than the haunting words and images of his thoughts, nothingness engulfed him.

“Am I… dead?”

The very thought of this terrified him beyond belief. No, it couldn’t be death. Perhaps this was simply a state of deep unconsciousness. It was plausible. After all, Orexein’s power was incredible. Never in his wildest dreams would Sora have guessed that this blind, ancient man would embody such overwhelming strength.

It made him all the more determined to win. He didn’t know how it would happen, given his state, but he had to do something.

A ripple of consciousness surged through him.

And another.

Slowly, the blue of his eye was introduced to the candlelit flicker of a dark hallway. Breathing a smile, although not allowing it to show upon his face, he knew he had a chance.

He knew he had to grasp it.

I like some of this, then some of it, I hate. ^.^

Sorry for the three-part-ness thing going on here. I just needed to show what the three separate groups were doing. >.O

<3

IchigoNeko

Yay for chapters! It was good, as usual, and fluff is nice.

...I kinda don't want Loki to lose now. :( Argh.

giuocob

Ooh...very nice! Chance...chance...I'm going to have to ponder that one.

Sooo...it shall be Sora vs Loki. I know the perfect ending! Stage a terrific battle involving everybody in the mansion, and then when everybody except Sora and Loki die, have Loki realize the error of his ways. Then Sora and Loki link arms and go skipping off into Happy Rainbow Land! It's perfect! <_<

I

The Show Must Go On
Oooo, I liked it! Makes me very anxious, but at the same time, all warm and fuzzy... and squee'y...

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Make Loki kill a cute bunny rabbit hopping to Sora in the middle of the mansion lol. Then he's the devil himself lol.

Orexin is teh kewlz.

Awesome stories. Loved'em. *tear*

Too bad it's gonna end sometime. :sad:

Keyblade_King

Sorry I've been gone for some time now...wow...which uh...which chapter and of my last posts was I on anyway? Or could you give me a review of what happened? or a what ever happened in the story...trying to find the last post I put on here is hurting my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back