• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchigoNeko

Okay then.

(Offtopic: Have you got a copy of Full Moon, that manga I told you about? Just curious.)

IchigoNeko

Aw. That stinks. You should try A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. It's so cuuuute. It's about a little fairy! XD

IchigoNeko

Ahaha. Anyway, I'll PM you to talk, okay? We shouldn't spam a fanfic topic with talk about faeries. (But I like faeries!)

Squall18

Hey Snow.:)

I've just read the last two chapters of of your fic, it's getting even better!
Looking forward to the next one.

(I'm gonna send you a PM now:))

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hey Squall, thanks! ^-^ And I just replied to you!

'Kay everyone, I'm not sure there'll be a new chapter before Christmas. But, I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas. And I'll have an extra-long new chapter up as a present from me. <3

Merry Christmas everyone.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Aw. But we don't want fanfiction to interrupt your Christmas celebration, now do we?

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to everyone too!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey everyone!

Well, it's Christmas Day. And I'm sad enough to be posting a chappy, lol.

Anyway, I really hope you all had a great time, and I hope Sandy Claws brought you everything you wanted ~_^

And there's a pressie from me, too. With lots of luff from me. Enjoy it!

Chapter Nine

Riku stood up, went to the door. His expression told that he had not expected anyone. The tiled floor was cold against his bare feet. Doe-eyed, Imari watched his every step. She couldn’t help feeling nervous about whoever was there. The room was lit by a gentle aura now, the soft glow of a candle reflecting off pure white walls. Riku winced as he opened the door, the warm light streaming in from the corridor.

“Oh, hey Sora,” he smiled, letting Imari know who it was. He seemed surprised - he must have forgotten their arrangements to meet. She relaxed again, her attention turning back to her baby.

“You coming?” Sora asked affably. He seemed cheerful, Kairi’s arms curled around his waist. Riku nodded slowly.

“Just a sec,” he said, leaving the door ajar and returning to the bedside. He quickly pulled on his shoes. “Imari, can you get Taiko?” She watched him lying there asleep, her expression deep with thought. Taiko looked so comfortable and happy. She hated to disturb him. Looking back up at Riku, she replied.

“Riku, every time he goes to sleep, we have to wake him up,” she said. “Why don’t you just go? I can stay here with the baby.” He sighed, rubbing his chin.

“Alright,” he agreed. He leaned down, softly kissed her. “We won’t be long.” Imari waved at Sora and Kairi, before Riku left, closing the door behind him.

The three of them walked down the corridor, following the royal, embroidered blue carpet along, down the stairs, where Queen Minnie, Donald and Goofy were waiting. Riku seemed quiet as they chattered, but Sora and Kairi thought nothing of it. He glanced out of a window, saw the starry skies hanging above. Night had fallen, the world peacefully quiet. Inside, the white walls seemed to glow with a pure aura, lit by the flickering shine of candles that hung from the ceiling. Queen Minnie waved from the bottom of the stairs. As they approached her, Riku was suddenly quick to explain Imari’s disappearance. He spoke before the Queen could greet them.

“Imari’s back up there with the baby,” he stated quietly. Queen Minnie nodded. She seemed startled by his sudden outburst, but continued.

“Don’t worry,” she smiled, gesturing to an open door. “This way, please.”

She led them into a large, warmly-lit room, filled with generous bookcases. They lined the wood-panelled walls, stopping only where there were doorways. A large, exquisite painting of the King hung on one wall, above a roaring fireplace. The flames danced, crackling noisily with the snapped words of the smouldering firewood. Queen Minnie sat at the table in the centre of the room, gesturing for the others to sit, too. Donald and Goofy stood either side of her, while Sora, Kairi and Riku took their seats. The table was made of polished mahogany, its legs carved into wonderful, unusual shapes. A letter bearing the King’s seal lay on the table.

“Is that the letter the King left?” Sora asked, after a short period of fiery silence. Queen Minnie nodded.

“That’s all he left,” she sighed, saddened. “Donald and Goofy told me that they’d explained the situation to you all. Are you willing to help to search for the King?” Sora and Kairi nodded, before they all directed their attention to Riku. He shrugged.

“Yeah,” he replied coolly. “That should be okay.” He looked at Donald and Goofy. “And it’s just searching for him? No fighting, right?” Donald sighed.

“No fighting if we can help it,” he answered, lifting his hands. “Can’t guarantee it, though. But I’m sure we could keep Imari and Taiko safe, even if it was dangerous.” Riku nodded slowly, his eyes narrowed.

“I’m not gonna let anything happen to them,” he stated. He knew what it was like to lose those he loved, and was intent not to let it happen again. Sora and Kairi could defend themselves in danger, but Imari… He was not sure. And he couldn’t always be there to protect her, as much as he wanted to be. Sora breathed a sigh.

“Come on, Riku,” Sora tried to reassure his friend. “We’ll be with you the whole time, we won’t let anything happen to Imari. Or Taiko.” Riku massaged his forehead, then sighed. He knew that this was the happiest Sora had been in a long time, and wasn’t about to ruin his joy. It seemed he didn’t have much choice in the matter.

“Okay,” he nodded. “We’ll come too.” Sora and Kairi smiled, as did Queen Minnie.

“Excellent,” she said. Now that she was certain they‘d all be going, she continued. “The ship has already been filled with enough supplies to last your journey. Anything you could possibly need is on there, even spare parts for the ship. And, of course, food and clothing.” Kairi raised her hand gingerly.

“If we just have to look for the King in different worlds,” she began, “then won’t we have to land in every world we see? That could take forever!” Queen Minnie shook her head.

“Follow your hearts,” she grinned. It seemed like a good idea to her. “If you have a feeling the King is there, then chances are, he will be.” Sora smiled back, eyeing the painting on the wall. The King looked so grand, so powerful. He was a valued friend to them all.

“We’ll find him,” Sora assured her. “I promise!” Queen Minnie smiled warmly, her eyes alight with hope. “When do we leave?”

“Whenever you like,” she replied. “Donald and Goofy wanted to leave after we were finished here, but weren’t sure what you’d think.” Sora shrugged.

“That would be ok,” he nodded. If it were up to him, he‘d be ready and waiting in the ship. But, Riku and Imari were the more doubtful of the group, and so he thought it was best to consult him first. “Riku?” Riku glanced up at the mention of his name. He hadn’t been paying too much attention, slouched in his chair, arms folded.

“Uh, whatever,” he quickly insisted. It was clear he wasn’t listening. Kairi giggled.

“When do you want to leave?” she repeated the question. “Would now be okay?” He hesitated, knowing Imari wouldn’t be keen on disturbing the baby. But, the sooner they left, then the sooner they’d be able to get him settled.

“Okay,” he agreed, white sheen across silver hair as he nodded.

“Then it’s sorted,” Goofy smiled. “Want us to go get Imari?” Riku stood up.

“I’ll do it,” he offered, walking out. He didn’t really give them much chance to protest.

~*~*~*~*~

All in all, the time at Disney Castle had been extremely short. They didn’t want to waste any time, wanted to start searching for the King as soon as possible. After finding Imari and Taiko, Riku and the others all gathered out in the courtyard. They waited as Chip and Dale made some final checks on the ship, ensuring that the systems were fully operational. The last thing they’d need on their journey was a malfunction with the Gummi Ship. Stood around waiting on the cobbled ground, they awaited approval for take-off. Night was upon them. Although it had been a warm evening, the night came with a icy chill in the air. The crisp skies twinkled overhead, an equally frosty shimmer sparkling over the ground. The breeze shivered through them. Trembling, Kairi buried herself in Sora’s arms. Still dressed in clothes for the beach, they hadn’t anticipated being in such a cold place.

“I’m sorry it‘s so cold,” Queen Minnie blushed, “but there are some warm clothes for you on the ship. Just in case.” She was so mothering, taking care of them all like this. They all thanked her, huddled around together for warmth.

Riku watched the window of the ship, saw little blurs darting past every now and then. Chip and Dale couldn’t be much longer. Well, he hoped. He just wanted to get going now. He looked down to Imari, who held Taiko closely for warmth. He seemed comfortable, wrapped up in a blanket, between his parents. His little face was tinged with red, bitten by the fierce cold. Riku placed his hand over the baby’s cheek, trying to keep him warm. His eyes wandered to the suddenly open door of the ship.

“Ready,” Dale chirped. “It’s all okay!” Queen Minnie grinned, thanking them for their help. She then turned to Donald and Goofy, who stood up straight as she addressed them. They were good friends, but still showed respect for their Queen.

“Please, let me know as soon as you find anything,” she spoke sincerely, a genuine undertone of concern in her now quivering voice. Perhaps the sight of them all standing there by the ship had helped reality sink in. “I just wish he’d have taken the newer ship. That way, he could have sent me a message.” Donald nodded.

“This one was being repaired on the night he left,” he explained. “At least that ship is reliable, your highness. Try not to worry, we’ll be back before you know it.”

“I promised, didn’t I?” Sora added quickly. The Queen raised a smile through her sorrows.

“Yes,” she replied, nodding. “I know you won‘t let me down.” Sora grinned. There was a short silence. “Well, I suppose you had better get going.”

They all nodded, quickly getting into the ship. It was cold out there, and the shelter was inviting. The door slammed shut, and the clicks of the locks echoed through the empty courtyard, over the cobbled, frosty ground. Queen Minnie took a step back as the engines whirred, and the ship began to rise into the air. In a moment, it was gone, burning up through the infinite starry expanse overhead. Waving goodbye, she wished for their safety. After all, it seemed an almost impossible task. But, if anyone could do it, they could.

“Good luck.”

Not quite as long as I had hoped, but I didn't want too much unecessary crap in there. Lol.

Merry Christmas! And Merry... Boxing Day. Lol.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Hiya! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Snow, the chapter was great. A little short, maybe, but still great. I found one grammar error, though:

Stood around waiting on the cobbled ground, they awaited approval for take-off.

I think it should be either "They stood" or "standing".

Anyway, I hope everyone got lots of presents! Happy Holidays!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hiya! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Snow, the chapter was great. A little short, maybe, but still great. I found one grammar error, though:

I think it should be either "They stood" or "standing".

Anyway, I hope everyone got lots of presents! Happy Holidays!

Nah, stood works there as far as I know.

Thanks! And I hope you do too! ^-^ <3

<3 <3

EDIT: I feel like writing, lol. So I need a little advice from you, the loyal readers. Descriptions of emotions... yes or no?

Let me know. <3

Last edited:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Making things clear about how they feel, I guess. Or what they're thinking.

Anywhom, on to business. Today is different. I'm not posting a chapter, I'm posting a drawing instead. Click the link. ^-^

Imari!

I don't claim to be a good drawer, lol. I did it late last night but I wanted to show you guys. ^-^

Chappy should be a day or so. ^-^

Happy... uh... Boxing Day.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Yay! A drawing! She looks pretty much like I imagined. It's really good, snow.

(And yes to descriptions of emotions.)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Okay. I'll work on that, for some reason I feel the chapters are kinda... bare. :\

Thanks! I kinda thought I ruined it when I inked it this morning. I sketched it all out last night, and it looked okay when I went to sleep. Looking back, I wish I'd left it in pencil.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

It' still good..Color it! That would be even better. (I don't mean to sound bossy, but that would be neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back