• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchigoNeko

Ooh. You're sick? That stinks. Course, I haven't been the picture of health myself (ooh that rhymes!) lately...Anyway, I hope you feel better (or at least good enough to write!) XD

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
XDDDDDD SORA'S LAST NAME IS NOMURA!!

Ahem, sorry, but I LOLed when I read that! ^^

Great chappie Snow, I just love your descriptions and writing style, its awesome. btw hope you feel better soon!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Oathy, I lol'd when I wrote it! XD Nothing else was springing to mind for his name, so I stuck with Nomura.

Sorry Sorasheart, but I think my school wants me to work myself to death. I have four essays to be doing, plus artwork. >.>

Thanks everyone, for telling me to get better. It's working, my cold is starting to go. ^-^ Thanks for all the comments on the chapters too.

And I hope you feel better soon too, IchigoNeko. ^-^

EDIT:

I hate this chapter XD

It felt like real filler material when I was writing it - there’s very little going on, and it bridges a gap between two things. There’s a little bit of explanation in there too, but that’s all.

One thing I want to make clear. Imari and Riku don’t know why Sora is depressed. Got it memorised? ^-^

Not too much description here, either. (There was nothing to describe, really.) Enjoy!

Chapter Four

“No answer,” Imari mused, twirling the telephone cord in her fingers. “I wonder where she is?” A pale green dress fell over the soft curves of her body, the light fabric perfect for summer.

“Relax,” Riku replied, “she’s probably on her way over by now, it‘s almost three.” He lovingly cradled Taiko in his arms, gently kissing his forehead as he drifted off to sleep. Taiko’s tiny face seemed content as he softly snuffled, comfortable in little baby clothes. An incredibly protective father, Riku held him closely, caressing his baby’s wispy silver hair. From all that he did, it was evident that he loved his son more than anything else - his very gaze suggested his devotion, expressing more than his words ever could.

Now sure his baby was settled, he carefully lay Taiko down in his cot for an afternoon nap. He then quietly wandered back across the room to see his girlfriend. She looked anxious, her heavy head resting on a listless hand, curls tumbling towards the ground. Riku took her by the shoulders, leaned down to look into her eyes. She was considerably smaller than him, with a petite frame, similar to Kairi’s. Her gaze suggested she was barely recognising him, preoccupied with other thoughts.

“You alright?” he asked, concerned. “I’m sure Kairi’s fine, she’ll probably be busy with other stuff first.” Imari looked up at him.

“It’s not her I’m worried about,” she sighed, putting her arms around Riku’s waist. “It’s Sora.” Riku’s brow furrowed.

“Why?” he questioned. “I thought Kairi told you that she found out why he’s been so upset? You should relax, she can handle him herself. I know she can.” Imari shook her head.

“Yeah,” Imari explained, “but she also said that Sora still seemed down about it. Maybe he‘s having another bad day.” She nervously played with the buttons on his yellow cotton shirt. Imari feared the worst in most situations, a paranoid person by nature. So, naturally, she assumed that Kairi was out looking for her unusually low husband. Riku gave a sigh, putting his hands in his jeans pockets.

“You can’t assume that it’s Sora’s fault she isn’t here,” he sighed. She was being too pessimistic, worrying about tiny little things. “If it was something as bad as that, I’m sure she would have told us. Don’t be so negative.” Imari still looked anxious, which made him anxious too. He wanted to reassure her, knowing that worrying wasn’t a good idea in her condition. Riku picked up the phone. “I’ll call Sora.”

Sora sat up on the beach, looking around. Amongst the gentle breaking of waves, the call of seabirds, and the swishing of exotic leaves, he heard his phone. Kairi lay on the golden sands at his side, not bothering to get up. Finding his phone in his jacket’s pocket, he quickly answered.

“Hello?” he panted, after scrambling around to find his jacket.

“Hey Sora,” Riku smiled as Sora answered. “Just wondering, is Kai there with you?”

“Yeah,” Sora replied, his eyes narrowing in confusion. “Why are you asking?”

“Imari wanted to know,” Riku explained, “Kairi was supposed to come over today.” Then, it suddenly occurred to him. Kairi was going to theirs because Sora was working. “Wait, where are you?”

“Uh,” Sora quickly tried to think of somewhere else, but nothing sprung to mind. “The island.”

“The island?” he questioned, unsure of what Sora meant. Then it hit him. “You mean Destiny Island?”

“I didn’t know Kairi was here,” Sora tried to justify himself, “I took the day off to go by myself.”

“Alright then,” Riku sighed, hushing his voice again. Imari had told him to keep quieter, after disturbing the baby. “Come over later, or something.” He hung up, putting the phone down. Imari looked curious.

“Destiny Island?” she questioned, head tilted. “Where is that?” Riku paced over to the sofa, sunk back into the pillows.

“Where Kairi and I found him that night he disappeared,” he explained, his voice strangely quiet. Imari frowned.

“So why are you so bothered about them being there?” she asked.

“We all grew up there,” he mused, ruffling his long hair. A smile fluttered on his lips at the mention of the island. Imari seemed intrigued, noticing the joy in his face.

“So why haven’t you mentioned it so much?” she asked, while taking a look into the cot. Taiko was fast asleep. She then glanced back at Riku, awaiting his response. “It obviously means a lot to you.”

“Uh,” he tried to think his way around her question. He hesitated, thinking of a response. Imari did not know of what he, Sora and Kairi had been through - and if he could help it, she wouldn‘t find out at all. “Some…stuff happened a long time ago. And we haven’t been back to the island since. It’s been about seven years.” Imari wrinkled her nose, folding her arms.

“Stuff, huh?” it was clear she was curious from her tone. “Well, it must have been a lot to stop you from going there.” Riku hid his blushing face from her, averting his gaze. He simply nodded in response. Imari sat down beside him, and they sat quietly for a few moments. “Maybe we should all go.” Riku’s eyes widened.

“What, to the island?” he asked quietly. He seemed troubled by something. Imari nodded.

“Yeah,” she suggested, “all five of us. You said you guys grew up there. Don’t you want Taiko to see it too?” Riku gazed at the cot, before getting up to look at his son.

“Of course,” he smiled down on his sleeping baby. “I-I guess we can ask Sora and Kairi when they get here.”

Beginning to think, he pondered what had been said. He hadn’t been back to the island in seven years. Yet, all of a sudden, Sora was making frequent trips there. Why was he going back? Although he had wanted to talk to Sora for a while now, a number of things stood in his way - Sora’s work schedule, taking care of Imari, his own working schedule, and the birth of his son had put this on hold. Riku felt guilty about this, knowing how despairing Sora had been feeling. They were best friends, after all. So he decided - when Sora got there, he would talk to him.

In a strange coincidence, the doorbell rang. Imari immediately stood up, greeting them at the door. Riku heard their muffled speech in the hallway, but did not move an inch, just spoke from where he was standing. Sora seemed melancholic, but fairly pleasant to talk with when asked - an improvement on previous days. Conversation continued in the living room for a while, before Riku suddenly approached Sora.

“Can I talk to you?” he asked, gesturing for him to leave the room. Sora complied, standing up and following Riku out into the garden. The garden was quite small, just a patch of lawn, surrounded by wooden fencing. The persistent sunshine smiled down upon them from the gentle blue skies.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Sora asked quietly, blades of cool grass caressing his bare feet. Riku sat down in the grass, leaned back on his arms.

“Just wondering how you were, that’s all,” he said, squinting in the sunlight. “You were at the island today, huh?” Sora slowly nodded.

“Yeah,” he replied, “I go there a lot now. Gives me time to think.” Riku tilted his head.

“About what?” Riku did not mean to be so nosy, just wanted to know how his best friend was. “You need to go to Destiny Island to think?” Sora shrugged, his eyes darting away from Riku’s gaze.

“Everything that happened,” he sighed, wrapping his arms around himself. He’d been feeling a little happier, more confident, but still felt awkward when it came to expressing himself to Riku. “Going back to the island makes me feel better, I guess. Reminds me of the old days.” Riku’s brow furrowed at Sora’s words, hearing this revelation. Although Sora had not specified just what had ’happened’, Riku immediately knew what he was talking about. He paused, before replying.

“So, you’ve been feeling depressed about what happened?” he said slowly, trying to piece Sora’s broken phrases together. Sora nodded, proceeded to explain all he was thinking.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Riku nodded as Sora finished his explaining, let out all his emotions at once. It made perfect sense to him. He could understand why Sora was feeling so down - after all, he’d gone from travelling unimaginable worlds to a nine-till-five job in front of a computer. Riku thought for a few moments. When he thought about it, he could sympathise with Sora, too.

“I know what you mean,” Riku said, pulling clumps of grass in his big hands. “I guess that when I was younger, all I wanted was to see those worlds. I didn’t want all of that other stuff to happen, too.” He looked to the ground, silver hair falling over his eyes. “I wanted me, you and Kairi to have real adventures.” Sora smiled, relieved that Riku had such a similar reaction to Kairi - sympathising with him, rather than criticising or laughing at him. He was happy that things wouldn’t be so secretive between them anymore.

“So you feel the same way, huh?” he asked quietly. Riku sighed, his eyes avoiding Sora’s face.

“Kinda,” he shrugged, playing with his white wristband. “I mean, I’d really want to get back out there too, but… Now I have Imari and Taiko to think about. ”

“I understand,” Sora sighed pensively. There was a moment of silence, before Riku continued.

“Oh, Imari thinks we should go to Destiny Island,” he explained. “The five of us, this weekend. You up for it?” Sora put his hands in his pockets, nodding. It sounded like fun, they all hadn’t been together in a long time. It would be just like their childhood.

“Ok,” he agreed, “come on, we should really go back inside.”

Hope you guys like it more than I do. ^-^;

<3 <3

Last edited:

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Wait..Sora and Kairi are married..? But Imari and Riku are just going out..yet they have a son..whoa..

Anyways, great chappie Snow!

Squall18

Great update Snow!
It's good to see that Riku sympathises for Sora rather than making fun of him.
Looking forward to the next chapter.:thumbsup:

IchigoNeko

Hiya.

Ooh, Imari want to go to Destiny Islands. That'll be fun. And, if it's been seven years...then Riku's maybe 22-23, and Sora and Kairi are 21-22? That's not too old, is it?

On other notes...the chapter seemed a lot shorter than your other ones, although maybe I just read it faster. I don't know. *shrug* Other than that, it was great!

.:Mega:.

Awards
N0ice update! =D So, Riku and Imari aren't married...not that it matters. =o They can still be good parental units!

~Mega

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hiya.

Ooh, Imari want to go to Destiny Islands. That'll be fun. And, if it's been seven years...then Riku's maybe 22-23, and Sora and Kairi are 21-22? That's not too old, is it?

On other notes...the chapter seemed a lot shorter than your other ones, although maybe I just read it faster. I don't know. *shrug* Other than that, it was great!

Indeed they are.

Yup, it was, that's one of the reasons why I really didn't like it. ^-^

Thanks, Mega. ^-^ Glad you like it.

EDIT: Expect the new chapter sometime next week. Hope that's okay. ^-^

<3 <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back