• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH lecture at a con - help wanted (again)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So as I said in a thread the other day, comes March 20th I'm putting on a KH lecture at a local animanga convention.

Chosen topic -
The Holy Trio - an in-depth review of the trio structure in KH.

So what I wanna hear from you guys.
SRK, RAX, TAV, SDG, TSW, HPO. SRM.
CoM (to a point) - Axel/Larxene/Marluxia, Lexaeus/Zexion/Vexen. Sora/Repliku/Namine.
Yen Sid/Eraqus/Xehanort - more to make a point, lol.
Huey, Dewie, Luie XD;;;

Any other trios you can think of in the series?

Also, what're the main points of comparison/highlights you'd like to see in a lecture on this topic? I don't wanna lose myself in all the things I can say so halp.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Leon/Aerith/Yuffie.

I consider Cid to be part of the gang, so.

Cloud/Sephiroth/Tifa.

Not... quite cooperating enough to be mentioned.

Ven/Lea/Isa.

If I do this I'll have to go into any pretentious at a random trio like Sora/Hercules/Cloud or Ven/Hercules/Zack. And these two I actually see as trios, whereas what you mentioned was more Lea spreading himself in a virus like manner through people's Memories and Isa going on a jealousy trip :V not enough substance.

Thanks anyway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
JoshuaShrug.gif

Eh, I don't really consider them trios either. I was just seeing if I could pull any out.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hm. A minor one at best, but I'll consider it.
Though to be fair seeing how they're at most non-antagonists I have a hard time writing them as a trio with Diz ordering Riku to off Namine and Riku telling him to eff himself.

Revolution

Hm. A minor one at best, but I'll consider it.
Though to be fair seeing how they're at most non-antagonists I have a hard time writing them as a trio with Diz ordering Riku to off Namine and Riku telling him to eff himself.

True.

I would adress how Lexaeus, Vexen, and Zexion were more for order and stability, seeing how they needed Riku to offset Marluxia's plans to overthrow Xemnas with Sora.

Against that, you could adress how Axel, Larxene and Marluxia ere for more chaos and such, even Axel as he helped olay a part in most of the deaths in CO for Saix's benefit

Revolution

You're welcome :)

Also, for TAV, you could always put some point to the mistrust section, especially relating to Terra and Aqua. And that mistrust ended up hurting them more because they ended up seperated and more distant then ever.

Oh, and TAV, and RAX to an extent, can also be put up for Broken Promises.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
The fact that any FF game that has group fights doesnt allow more than three characters in your party at one time? That's a trio sitchuation right there.

Also, I'll add a few...

Sora/Roxas/Ven

DiZ/Riku/Namine

Xehanort/Xemnas/AnsemSoD

Mickey/Donald/Goofy(worth mentioning bcuz of their cartoon origins)

Huey/Duey/Luie

Flora/Fauna/Merrywhether

Sora/Kairi/Namine

Ariel/Flounder/Sebastian

Tarzan/Jane/Clayton(Porter's mysterious absense)

Xemnas/Xibgar/Saix(cuz they're the only ones in the castle when Sora mounts the Invasion)

the list goes on.....

and the trios that arent trios but have too much in common to go unmentioned.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh, and TAV, and RAX to an extent, can also be put up for Broken Promises.

Just about any trio can go with Broken Promises. Sora and Riku never truly had their childhood adventure together until ironically Re:Coded and for all his promise to see Kairi every day Sora was more than willing to stay in the Darkness with Riku.
Promises aren't Nomura's stronger side.

and the trios that arent trios but have too much in common to go unmentioned.

And that means you have completely NOT gotten what the point of this lecture was and mostly paired trios together.
I'm talking 'parties', not just 'relations'.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'll have to say, the most Genuine of all the trios in my opinion has to be SRK or TAV. Because although Kairi isn't much of a plot device,
She's essentially the 'glue' of the trio, no matter how she brings them back together, Conscious or not (Referring to KH1 as well as 2), She does keep them together...or bring them all back together in the end. Riku is the determined Yet professional hero in KH1 to a degree, He uses the power he's given to bring his friends together in his own way. Sora on the other hand is moved by both the efforts of both Riku and Kairi, and that way the Triad is complete (Riku persues both until Maleficent's efforts turn him against Sora, Kairi maybe referencing to the light in both Riku's and Sora's hearts brings them all together, Sora, Pulled by the currents of both friendships, reunited with Riku and Kairi at some point because of their bonds.) And that's just KH1

TAV however has a bit of alternating and even reversing elements in thier friendship... Aqua's desire to keep all of them together is the 'glue' here as well. But then By radiant garden their friendship is truly threatened. Terra grows distrustful of Aqua because of her orders from Eraqus about his darkness... and it hurts Ventus as well because he looks up to Terra. And Ven, Scared of Terra's foreseeable change... continues to persue him. And So Aqua continues to persue them both... until the Keyblade Graveyard and the Controversy breaks them apart... Terra becoming Terranort, Ventus going Comatose... And then Final Episode concludes the tragedy with Aqua falling into the DR to save Terranort...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
See, that's something I can never really talk about because as far as I can see, neither TAV nor SRK have 'glue'. KH1 can happen if you blame it all on SoRi and I -do-, part of my beef with SRK as a trio.
And Aqua, the glue? How is making Terra trust no one but MX the glue here? They're all 'glued' together up to RG, no one in particular making more of an effort than the others.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Roxas, Axel Xion!!!!!!!!!! Hayner, Pence, Ollette

Anna825

Also, there's the Sora/Roxas/Xion trio, cause they're all basically the same person.
I was considering a fanfic shipping the three of them, and I figured I would have to subtitle it 'masturbation'.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
May i ask that you post a summery of your panel after you present it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back