• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: DDD - Character switching

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The key word is that it doesn't LOOK like it drains...but under the assumption that it does...also, that would be really annoying if I finish fighting as Sora, but I need to switch to Riku. That is what the manual switch is for, but as some have said, I believe there will be a penalty for that since you are kind of breaking the whole concept of the drop gauge there.

I'd think that'd be it starting in the negatives possibly....I've found that one screenshot with Sora and the drop gauge being in the negatives a bit odd.
But if it's a penalty, that'd make some sense.

In thinking that someone who wants to play Riku as much as they can will switch back to him once it goes to Sora.
They'll do it manually, so then the next time they switch to Sora, they won't be able to manually do it, and they'll have to play as Sora longer.

I only see the drop gauge going in one direction...just a thought.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
people have been going on saying that the drop gauge might have something to do with the switching between characters but i really don't think so. nomura even said in his interview that you would change characters unexpectedly. "unexpectedly" isn't looking down at the drop gauge and screaming "Oh crap gonna change in a sec".

also most gauges in the previous KH games were focused more on abilities and actions so i don't think they would change it now or at least use it for one purpose such as changing players. I think its going to revolve around all the tricky stuff you do like bouncing of walls and swinging around lamp posts. kinda like command styles in BBS.

Youniquee

Awards
people have been going on saying that the drop gauge might have something to do with the switching between characters but i really don't think so. nomura even said in his interview that you would change characters unexpectedly. "unexpectedly" isn't looking down at the drop gauge and screaming "Oh crap gonna change in a sec".

also most gauges in the previous KH games were focused more on abilities and actions so i don't think they would change it now or at least use it for one purpose such as changing players. I think its going to revolve around all the tricky stuff you do like bouncing of walls and swinging around lamp posts. kinda like command styles in BBS.

Good point. Even though Nomura said that, I think the drop gauge is for that purpose. I doubt they'd do this kind of game play and not even warn us about changing at all. That wouldn't make sense and it'll also be jarring for players. I'm not sure if this is big evidence at all, on the website as the drop gauge runs out, the website changes to another character, which is hint. But that could just be a feature of the website though xD

That brings me to another question, has Nomura explicitly said that the drop gauge is for character switching? I'm sure he has before.

Kingdomon

Most people got the whole "Drop gauge gets empty, character changes" from the official Japanese website. When the drop gauge goes empty, the site's design changes and the character with the drop gauge too.

So i think it's basically that...

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Most people got the whole "Drop gauge gets empty, character changes" from the official Japanese website. When the drop gauge goes empty, the site's design changes and the character with the drop gauge too.

So i think it's basically that...

But why would that be a feature of the website if it wasn't related to the game in some way? I mean, there is always the possibility that the gauge on the site serves the purpose of switching in-game, but we haven't seen any instance of such in any of the screens or videos at all. However, the fact that we do know that a) there is automatic switching during gameplay, b) the site changes characters (and therefore themes) when the gauge empties, and c)appearances need not match if the function is identical is more than enough evidence for the Drop Gauge governing the character switches. And as we have seen, it's not hard to keep the gauge up (and the apparent fact of no upper limit, or at least one where you can store 6 full gauges*), so you can easily bulk up on them while grinding and hopefully stay fine. Add on the fact that there's always been items to restore the gauges (Drive Recovery for Drive Gauge, Balloon Letter for D-Link Gauge...) and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Kingdomon

But why would that be a feature of the website if it wasn't related to the game in some way? I mean, there is always the possibility that the gauge on the site serves the purpose of switching in-game, but we haven't seen any instance of such in any of the screens or videos at all. However, the fact that we do know that a) there is automatic switching during gameplay, b) the site changes characters (and therefore themes) when the gauge empties, and c)appearances need not match if the function is identical is more than enough evidence for the Drop Gauge governing the character switches. And as we have seen, it's not hard to keep the gauge up (and the apparent fact of no upper limit, or at least one where you can store 6 full gauges*), so you can easily bulk up on them while grinding and hopefully stay fine. Add on the fact that there's always been items to restore the gauges (Drive Recovery for Drive Gauge, Balloon Letter for D-Link Gauge...) and I'm sure it'll be fine.
I think i didn't explain well...
I was saying that most people, including me, took the conclusion of the whole 'Drop gauge goes empty, character switchs' based on the website and that's why we think it's gonna be strange xD

But yeah, hopefully there will be a Drop Gauge restoring item in the game.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I think i didn't explain well...
I was saying that most people, including me, took the conclusion of the whole 'Drop gauge goes empty, character switchs' based on the website and that's why we think it's gonna be strange xD

But yeah, hopefully there will be a Drop Gauge restoring item in the game.

Good point. I kinda started ramblin' there anyways... :p

But yeah, I think the reason it would drain on the site so quickly is because you can't increase it by combos or get hit to decrease it... and they wanted that integral feature to show on the site... so they made it time-based. Just a guess though.

And since there always has been items with similar uses, I'll be disappointed if there isn't one for this.

Kingdomon

But yeah, I think the reason it would drain on the site so quickly is because you can't increase it by combos or get hit to decrease it... and they wanted that integral feature to show on the site... so they made it time-based. Just a guess though.

And since there always has been items with similar uses, I'll be disappointed if there isn't one for this.
Yeah. I was guessing that too.
It'd be pretty much disappointing for everyone if there wasn't a restoring item for the drop gauge...

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Good point. I kinda started ramblin' there anyways... :p

Also they must have figured no one was going to stay on the site that long so they made the gauge drain at a much faster rate so that site visitors would get to see both themes multiple times by the time they're done looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back