• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 358/2 days idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
no, its between KH1 and KH2. and by "the event" u mean the Roxas Riku fight, it dosn't take place in KH1

No, it's after 2:

Will the storyline be based on Sora's adventures in Kingdom Hearts?
TN: The timeline is based on after Kingdom Hearts II, Jiminy's Journal is analyzed, and the adventure will take place in that. Therefore data of Sora will appear, not Sora. The world that was shown was a stage, though this was through the time of COM, and re:COM over the memory of Sora.

The PMF is correct once again. yawn.

shadywinters

Awards
In one of Normura's interviews he stated something thay got me thinking. Alot of people have sudgested that the two means that it tells the story of a secondary character and I believe this character is Riku. Look at the statement that Normura made.

So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?
TN: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.
(a link to the whole interview Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH 2 3 Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days .)

Riku is possibly the other story while Roxas is the first. I know the other members are playable but their main focus is in the multiplayer. I saw alot of sudgestions about this and when I found this I thought that this could help prove that the idea is not so out of this world as a couple of people think.

I'm not sure if I understand the meaning, but I'll soon undrstand.

Feather Faden

It's possilble the storyline could be about Riku. Like you said Nomura stated that and suggested it. I think it would be a pretty good and intersting story if it was about Riku, some of the Riku Fans and people have been mentoining that before. I wouldn't mind that either, so myabe that'll happen. We just have to wait.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
If Riku is there, that's not what the two means. Otherwise, the title of the GBA game would have been "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories/2". Chain of Memories did not refer to Riku's story at all - he never had his heart erased. I'm pretty sure this code is just referring to Roxas's story; that's all.

Roxas151

If Riku is there, that's not what the two means. Otherwise, the title of the GBA game would have been "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories/2". Chain of Memories did not refer to Riku's story at all - he never had his heart erased. I'm pretty sure this code is just referring to Roxas's story; that's all.
Chain of memories did not need a code for a name as its title was straight to the point. It's a thought and a likely one so if you know what the 2 mean by all means place it down and don't just go claiming your ideas as facts. The code could be reffering to more than Roxas story as Tetsuya said he had alot of things he wanted to explain. Riku's story that he wants to tell could only be told in this game as it only would fit in this timeline. Its just a thought.

NachDarkOne

As much as I like Riku and even though i think it would be awesome to play as riku in the game and find out his side of the story, in my oppinon is a bad idea. If they put Riku's story (in that time period the game sets in) in then Roxas's story will be shortend especially since the ds can only handle so much space. It is to bad that they didn't make a 4th game for Riku lol.

Blue

home is where the heart is
In one of Normura's interviews he stated something thay got me thinking. Alot of people have sudgested that the two means that it tells the story of a secondary character and I believe this character is Riku. Look at the statement that Normura made.

So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?
TN: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.
(a link to the whole interview Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH 2 3 Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days .)

Riku is possibly the other story while Roxas is the first. I know the other members are playable but their main focus is in the multiplayer. I saw alot of sudgestions about this and when I found this I thought that this could help prove that the idea is not so out of this world as a couple of people think.

You mean it will be something like CoM?

That would certainly be cool,but for some reason I highly doubt that.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Chain of memories did not need a code for a name as its title was straight to the point. It's a thought and a likely one so if you know what the 2 mean by all means place it down and don't just go claiming your ideas as facts. The code could be reffering to more than Roxas story as Tetsuya said he had alot of things he wanted to explain. Riku's story that he wants to tell could only be told in this game as it only would fit in this timeline. Its just a thought.

Like I said, the title "Chain of Memories", had nothing to do with Riku's side.

Look, the DS card is not going to be able to handle three entire games (Roxas, Riku and multiplayer). If you really want to think that that's what the two means, then it means there's a multiplayer game, too, but seriously, it's part of the single-player game code. I'm sure Riku's story will be told in Coded or at least foreshadowed.

D

Dexter

Look, the DS card is not going to be able to handle three entire games (Roxas, Riku and multiplayer)

1. Who said the DS can't handle that? I've played tons of FF games on the DS that are SUPER long
2. Who said Riku story will be considerd as an entire game? For all we know it his story could last for 5 hours
3. The GBA handeld 3 stories. Sora story, Riku story, and the multi-player. So why can't the DS???.....//

Roxas151

^^Exactly people fail to get that because a system is stronger then the other that the weaker one can't pull things off. You could make Kingdom Hearts 2 twice as long and make the graphics way better if you put it on the Wii but people think that it can't be done because of lazy developer ports that do push a system a bit further than its predicessor. With the DS comapnies are making games on large scales like Square Enix and doing them loner and better looking then on the Gameboy advance but since the PSP is out there and can pull off graphics nearly up to par with the PS2 you think that the DS can't even push one polygon. eople are so ignorant these days they don't realise how stupid they sound anymore.

NachDarkOne

^^Exactly people fail to get that because a system is stronger then the other that the weaker one can't pull things off. You could make Kingdom Hearts 2 twice as long and make the graphics way better if you put it on the Wii but people think that it can't be done because of lazy developer ports that do push a system a bit further than its predicessor. With the DS comapnies are making games on large scales like Square Enix and doing them loner and better looking then on the Gameboy advance but since the PSP is out there and can pull off graphics nearly up to par with the PS2 you think that the DS can't even push one polygon. eople are so ignorant these days they don't realise how stupid they sound anymore.

no its not that its just that well.. ok for one ds games can only go up to 1024 mb but are compressed into like 50 mb or lower or a little higher.. but! around 50 mb (assuming its 1024 mb uncompressed). Snce the ds has a bad graphic system the model and animations and etc.. takes more space to make as good quality ones as square enix is gonna make for the game.. Not saying its impossible to have two storylines one with roxas and one with riku, but if it did then it would be a really crappy roxas game. Assuming how the graphics look now and how the battle system will be similar to the kh2 one its really gonna take loads of space so i dout that there will be a riku to begin with.

Now you may say
com had 2 story lines - thats because it was a gba game sprites arent that space taking

or

com had 2 story lines (ps2 version) - did you ever realise you don't have as much freedom as you do in kh1 or kh 2? .. well in my oppinion i rather have more freedom of doing things.
Also remember a ps2 game has more memory then a ds game sooooo 500 mb of the riku's story line and 1000 mb for sora's . But if we did that for the ds then it would be 500 mb for each (500 mb doesent make that good of a game unless your playing a sprite or simple game that wouldent require so much space)

In other words i think its a crappy idea.. Unless you care more about riku then roxas and want roxas's story line to be short cus of lack of space..

So my point is could the cartidge have riku and roxas both playable? Yes. Would it hurt the game itself if he was in it and playable and had own storyline? In my oppinon Yes, makes storyline shorter and not as much freedom with roxas and etc..

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
lol @ 15 year olds explaining coding and storage management

Last edited:

NachDarkOne

lol @ 15 year olds explaining coding and storage management

This is because i am a gamer and look over this stuff i guess you can say i have no life and age does not mean anything. ok well ima say your ignorant because you just turned 18 so you automaticly think I know nothing lol

ok here try this and you can see what i mean play back up roms loads on ds and see how they are 1026 mb yet there actually 50 mb on the card if you want proof i can show you. Now its kinda common knowledge that nintendo ds does not have better graphics then psp so yeah. third of all you should know that it takes more memmory for a model to be really detailed in not that great of a graphic system (my oppinion).. want proof about the storage management then ok i will ^^

To the muffin man yes their has square enix maxed out a couple of them with dragon quest joker and ff and etc.. Though it is possible they can make the cartidge bigger =/ so yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Of course the DS does not have comparable graphics to the PSP, but that has nothing to do with the DS's storage capabilities. The largest DS game, storage wise, was Archaic Sealed Heat, which had almost every single cutscene, attack and spell animation, and battle sequence in the entire game as prerendered CGI scenes

Gametrailers.com - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat - Dragon Confrontation Scene

^That is what almost every single cutscene in ASH was, that quality CGI.

And you want to know something interesting? ASH only used 1/2 of the largest DS cartridge available for development on the DS. As in, there hasn't been a DS game yet that has maxed out the DS cartridges' space.

And no, Dragon Quest Monster Joker didn't come close, DQM:J was 1/3rd the size of ASH. The largest DS game Square-Enix has developed was their spectacularly well done remake of Final Fantasy IV, which too was smaller than ASH.

Final Fantasy IV and Archaic Sealed Heat could both actually fit on a single DS cartridge, and it would just about meet the DS's storage capacity limit.

Last edited:

NachDarkOne

Of course the DS does not have comparable graphics to the PSP, but that has nothing to do with the DS's storage capabilities. The largest DS game, storage wise, was Archaic Sealed Heat, which had almost every single cutscene, attack and spell animation, and battle sequence in the entire game as prerendered CGI scenes

Gametrailers.com - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat - Dragon Confrontation Scene

^That is what almost every single cutscene in ASH was, that quality CGI.

And you want to know something interesting? ASH only used 1/2 of the largest DS cartridge available for development on the DS. As in, there hasn't been a DS game yet that has maxed out the DS cartridges' space.

And no, Dragon Quest Monster Joker didn't come close, DQM:J was 1/3rd the size of ASH. The largest DS game Square-Enix has developed was their spectacularly well done remake of Final Fantasy IV, which too was smaller than ASH.

Final Fantasy IV, Archaic Sealed Heat, and Dragon Quest Monster: Joker could all actually fit on a single DS cartridge, and it would just about meet the DS's storage capacity limit.

Ok i checked it out you are right archiac sealed heat has 2 times the amount of every other game 1026 ... ash is 2048 >_< but yeah like i said they could raise it , but i guess your right if i remember correctly it use to be 1026 and ash was made within months soo it probly got updated the ds card. Also it will probly upgrade more since sds and micro sds are allowing even more space then it and they could easily make the cartidge have a micro sd core if they wanted to (making the storage really huge) but would cost a lot of money on SE's side.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
No problem, it's always good to learn something new.

Like I pointed out, the largest DS game Square Enix's ever made came to about 900mbits, which like you said on the older 1026mbit DS cartridges would have been a close shave storage-wise. But more recently developers have been able to take advantage of the newer DS cartridges which double the size to 2048mbits, which is what Mistwalker utilized for their roughly 1150mbit game, Archaic Sealed Heat

So as you can see, there is more space available on the DS cartridge than Square Enix has ever been able to make use of, so there is plenty of potential for a second story in 358/2 days assuming they're making use of the high-end DS cartridges

I apologize for being condescending earlier.

NachDarkOne

No problem, it's always good to learn something new.

Like I pointed out, the largest DS game Square Enix's ever made came to about 900mbits, which like you said on the older 1026mbit DS cartridges would have been a close shave storage-wise. But more recently developers have been able to take advantage of the newer DS cartridges which double the size to 2048mbits, which is what Mistwalker utilized for their roughly 1150mbit game, Archaic Sealed Heat

So as you can see, there is more space available on the DS cartridge than Square Enix has ever been able to make use of, so there is plenty of potential for a second story in 358/2 days assuming they're making use of the high-end DS cartridges

what ive seen its 1026 was the highest square enix game but yeah same difference doesent really matter , but yeah thanks for you proving me wrong it gave me more hope on how good the 358/2 days can be ^^ (hopefully square enix trys to use full potential and the best ds cartidges if not then thats gonna be sad =/ )

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Yeah, it's all down to what they choose to do really. There's the potential there, but there's always the possibilities that they squander the potential and take the easy route v_v here's hoping they make use of it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back