• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblades *MAJOR SPOILERS* dont even peek unless uve been at the last world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

A~X~E~L

Scenario 1: Deep Dive
Roxas climbs up the Memory Skyscraper and thrusts a Keyblade to Riku, who uses it to fend off Heartless and then face off with Roxas (to be utterly crushed).

Scenario 2: The World That Never Was
Riku lends Kairi a Keyblade to help him fend off the Heartless.

Obvious link here : Keyblade transfering.
This reveals something about the Keyblade's nature : you don't have to be chosen by the Keyblade to be able to weild one, when I used to think only Keyblade Chosen Ones had this ability.

Same with Jack Sparrow, who wields Sora's momentarily.

One thing that bugs me though : where did Riku get the Keyblade given to Kairi, when he didn't get his own until being turned back from his Ansem form into his own body ?

Roxas was chosen by the keyblade and was able to pass one of HIS own to Riku.
Sora was chosen by the keyblade and was able to lend HIS own to Jack.
The only Keyblade wielder left is the King, who (If I remember right) had lost contact with Riku for a long while, to be reunited with him at the tower before the Door to Kingdom Hearts.

Post your thoughs and/ or theories and flame me if this has been posted before.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Actually anyone can wield it for a second but it will return to the wielder unless the person has a strong heart. Apparently Jack didn't. Nice theory, I too wonder where Riku got it. But now we wonder how Sora can wield two keyblades. Maybe in KH3 he can wield dozens of keyblades, he just throws them around and kicks them at Heartless doing all these cool Matrix moves. Who knows?

Aros123

soraawakened said:
Actually anyone can wield it for a second but it will return to the wielder unless the person has a strong heart. Apparently Jack didn't. Nice theory, I too wonder where Riku got it. But now we wonder how Sora can wield two keyblades. Maybe in KH3 he can wield dozens of keyblades, he just throws them around and kicks them at Heartless doing all these cool Matrix moves. Who knows?
wait, i thought jack couldn't hold it because sora summoned it back to him.

Walking_In_Dawn

Actually, if I remember correctly, Riku's Soul Eater changed to a Keyblade by the time he saved Kairi and Namine from Saix. Therefore, that could have enable Kairi to wield a Keyblade of her own, deriving from the fact that she is a Princess of Heart, and is strong-willed and strong hearted on her own.

And shouldn't this be in the Spoiler Section?

Oblivions_Heart

i think riku kept the keychain from roxas and and dound another one or something like that to pass on to kairi. now that could be part of kh3 but i would be more worried about who people are getting keyblades from.i think that in the secret movie it took place while sora and the others where being whisked away from theyre island. because nobody knows how long they where gone.or maybe even before,while sora's little intro thing was going on,that was a dream and it would somehow explain birth by sleep

O

Oberon

yer contradicting the game by the by, cus leon even weilds it for a few seconds, this is pure bull crap

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
A~X~E~L said:

Same with Jack Sparrow, who wields Sora's momentarily..

You forgot Leon in KH1.

One thing that bugs me though : where did Riku get the Keyblade given to Kairi, when he didn't get his own until being turned back from his Ansem form into his own body ?

Where did Riku get that keyblade he used when Ansem possessed him?
He got it from the 6 Princesses of Heart's hearts. Kairi is a Princess of Heart...maybe he got it from her heart.

Roxas was chosen by the keyblade and was able to pass one of HIS own to Riku.

Roxas was not chosen. Roxas is not meant to exist. Roxas can only weild because Sora can.

Sora was chosen by the keyblade and was able to lend HIS own to Jack.

Wow that did lots...especially since it returned back to him :\ And Jack doesn't have his own...

The only Keyblade wielder left is the King, who (If I remember right) had lost contact with Riku for a long while, to be reunited with him at the tower before the Door to Kingdom Hearts.

xxwunlilvietxx

::Sigh::
We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?
I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.

- Tetsuya Nomura interview
http://www.kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/KH2U

Around the end there was a scene where a character that's not Sora (Kairi) held a keyblade, so does that mean they have the nature to be a Chosen One?
I wonder? There are still more backgrounds of the keyblade that haven't been revealed. I'm still going around that, so I can't say anything much about it. But it's true that scene is hinting something.

- Tetsuya Nomura interview
http://www.kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/Famitsu-2

On my note-----
Roxas IS Sora..(kinda) so of course he can weild a keyblade. Not the real thing though.. probably a figment.. like roxas himself

Jack sparrow never weilded the keyblade.. after not even three seconds.. it went back to sora.. and no he didnt sommon it baq.

Last edited:

HeartofTwilight

THis really should be in the spoiler forum.. oh well

As for Riku being able to handle Roxas's keybalade, i can think of two explinations. if you are someonw who beilves that Roxas's Keyblades were not real and just regualr whepons then there is no reason Riku couldn't use it.

I personally think it has to do with the fact that Riku is a keyblade master and thus can weild any keyblade. I don't think it has to match (as in light dark...) seeing as mickey has the dark keyblade. This also is inforced beacuse in the first game, Riku stole Sora's keyblade in Hollow Bastion. Sora was only able to get it back with the help of his friends hearts beasue Riku's heart was strong enough to keep the keyblade himself.

As for Kairi's... let's ask Nomura himself:
Q. Around the end there was a scene where a character that's not Sora (Kairi) held a keyblade, so does that mean they have the nature to be a Chosen One?
A. I wonder? There are still more backgrounds of the keyblade that haven't been revealed. I'm still going around that, so I can't say anything much about it. But it's true that scene is hinting something.

ozymandius

Maybe Sora, Riku, and Kairi were supposed to have a keyblade all along and Sora just got his before the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back