• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade transformations = more individuality?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
Hey guys

So I was just thinking about KH and Keyblades in general. Many people criticize the distribution of it to nearly every important character. And I was just thinking about how Square and Nomura could fix this.

What if everyone received their own individual and unique Keyblade transformation? This would push the individuality of every character soo much because everyone would receive their own unique version of the Keyblade. Lea has already shown his transformation in KH3: the chakrams.

And now we could expand this a bit more. For example:

Terra: a big heavy two handed sword because he is slower than other characters but a power house.
Aqua: You could go on a full black mage mode and make her Keyblade into a magic wand or a big scepter.

Maybe my examples aren’t that good but I hope you get the idea. I think that Keyblade transformation have a lot of potential to make the characters and the gameplay mode interesting.

In general, I think that not every character needs a Keyblade (looking at you Isa), but we already have a bunch of keyblades and besides Sora’s they lack individuality in my opinion.

What do you think?

Awards
If whatever game they make next is a more traditional action game like KH3, but focuses more on the other keyblade weilder besides Sora, then I really hope they do something like this.

KH has never let us play with an entire party if interchangeable characters, so it would be really cool if they make that a new gameplay gimmick for a game about the BBS trio and/or the Days Trio.

Instead of giving us one character with a bunch of weapons, give us a bunch of characters with one weapon that can change and evolve to keep gameplay interesting. And let us swap between them on the fly like FF15

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm all for the different characters developing a prefered Keyblade transformation that they'd switch to like Axel/Lea does with his. You could even give them multiple primary Transformations. Like Aqua could switch between a staff like Mirage Staff and bow based of her Keyblade glider. Terra kind of already has two with his cannon and whip.

There's a lot of interesting things you can do and it would make the characters feel more unique. Even if they could all technically access any weapon, they might prefer ones over others. You could also give different transformations for the same keyblade to different wielders.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I wish they would do away with transformations entirely. The Keyblade is exactly that: a KEY and a BLADE. It isn't a keyhammer. It isn't a keywand (well, it's used in that nature but you get me). It isn't a keymace. It isn't a keytaser. Get on with it. Stylechange was great, drive forms were great, but I cannot vibe with formchange.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like the idea of each wielder getting their own transformation. For Riku and Kairi Braveheart could becomes a Car or Motorcycle to fit with it's modern key look and Destiny's Embrace could turn into a Bow and Arrow.

ChaosStark

Awards
As someone who's not that fond of Keyblades, I would actually be on board with an idea like this. Don't get me wrong, Keyblades can definitely look cool, but at the end of the day, the weapon is a giant key, and I find that rather silly (but I suppose that's the point- the series is something to have fun with). It would also add a bit more variety- all the heroes have them now, and while they all have their own fighting styles, it's all with the same weapon. Each Keyblade has its own "personality", sure, but... all these people have Keyblades, and they all prefer to keep theirs in its standard form? Oh, except Axel/Lea, since he turns it into his chakrams. It just seems unlikely that no-one else would want to fight with their Keyblade in a different form. I suppose some of them might not know about that option (those who didn't have formal training), but some of them would know (those who have had formal training) and could teach the others. It is a feature of the weapon that is arguably underutilized.

I think the argument I would have against everyone having a unique Keyblade transformation is that it would make it easier to retcon characters into being wielders. Like, they could easily write it so that a character is revealed to be a wielder, and then say, "Oh, he/she always was a wielder, he/she just always had his/her Keyblade transformed." That would just contribute to the criticism of "Keyblades are too common now"/"everyone has a Keyblade" and leave us in about the same place as we are now.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
As of now, Sora, Lingering Will, Axel, and Xehanort (RIP) can all do Keyblade transformations. It's a nifty ability but I'm fine with leaving it at those four. Give Riku a newer version of his dark form with less sinew-y muscle-y skirtiness. Give Kairi a light equivalent. Have Aqua and Ventus rep style changes I guess? Roxas is already the resident dual wielder... If they intend to keep Xion around, I'd love for her to be a copy-fighter. She used Saix's hammer in KH3, why not let her collect weapons from enemies? Might be neat.

Are there more characters in KH than those that I named? Hard to remember them all at this point

Back