• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade of Riku and Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-Fenrir

Are the Keyblades that Riku and Kairi use real keyblades or just some fakes? Riku's Keyblade has a better chance to be real because he was supposed to be wielding the Keyblade instead of Sora but Kairi never was even mentioned to be a Keyblade Wielder or supposed to be one...

Cissy

Bronze Member
They are most probably real.

And, Kairi isn't an official keyblade weilder, she simply "borrowed" Riku's.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Yup Riku in a way was duel wielding and gave it to Kairi, she could wield it without it disappearing I assume because she's a PoH. And riku's way to dawn isn't really fake but it's a combination of light and dark that he formed into a keyblade, chain and all. Neither of the two keyblades are fake.

C

Colours

Are the Keyblades that Riku and Kairi use real keyblades or just some fakes? Riku's Keyblade has a better chance to be real because he was supposed to be wielding the Keyblade instead of Sora but Kairi never was even mentioned to be a Keyblade Wielder or supposed to be one...

They were all real in KH2.

S

Serge_Leonheart

Well bc of the new games we know that there are MANY other keyblades to say the least. The way I understand it is that Sora's keyblade is from the realm of light and the one Mickey got was from the realm of darkness. Riku was supposed to wield the "light" keyblade but gave in to darkness and later on learned to use power from both.....so I refer to it as the keyblade from the realm of twilight.

Kairi however is not that easy to explain.....well at least since SquarEnix has yet to do so lol. My theory makes sense to me at least and I havent seen anyone else come up with it so here it is and see what u think:

I believe that Kairi can wield a keyblade because through almost all of KH1 her heart was inside of Sora's. As for the keyblade itself.....well it has an islandy feel to it. So I think it might represent Destiny Island in some way or the bond of friendship that she formed with Sora and Riku on the island.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Kairi however is not that easy to explain.....well at least since SquarEnix has yet to do so lol.

They did. And like 99% of the plot of KH2, they did so in the novels.

I believe that Kairi can wield a keyblade because through almost all of KH1 her heart was inside of Sora's.

That's why we're calling it smooching.
Namine though would make a better explanation, seeing how if Roxas got Sora's Wielding abilities, one can argue Namine did too, in a way, also being a Nobody born of Sora.
Then Kairi got the abilities once Namine faded after they met with Riku - Namine disappeared until later, after all, and she appeared faded then, which makes one believe she was already inside Kairi, only to reappear when she was needed.

The most likely explanation is a combination of Kairi being a PoH, thus making her related to the Keyblades, and Riku willingly letting her hold it, much like Roxas let Riku wield the Oblivion when they fought.

As for the keyblade itself.....well it has an islandy feel to it. So I think it might represent Destiny Island in some way.

You are correct sir.
Meeting Kairi again made Riku remember Home - being Destiny Islands. Thus the beach plot and the waves, the vines, the flowers, and above all else, the one thing to represent Destiny Islands the best - the Paopu fruit on the Keychain.
Kairi being the one to make Riku remember it all is why the Keyblade is so pink, seeing how in a way it's based on her, much like Sora's Oathkeeper is based on Kairi and Namine, thus bearing resemblance to Namine in design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back