• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi, the next keyblade wielder?? ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
So this hasn't been talked about in a little over a year and i thought that id elaborate on it ..its going to be rather long though so if you dont have the patience ..you might as well leave now ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

thus far, kairi's role in this story has been one of the damsel in distress. she has been the fuel which kept our heroes' (sora and riku) hearts burning. at this point, she hasnt done much at all ..and most people will disagree with me simply because she is kairi or because they dont like the idea of it, but i think there is a strong possiblility that kairi will become a keyblade wielder..i will explain why in detail but id like to clarify a few things so bare with me until i get back to her.

as most should know, the keyblade is not specific in it's choosing of a wielder to the light or darkness within that person's heart. what the keyblade looks for is one simple thing.. strength of heart. what exactly defines the strength of a person's heart is where things can get iffy. surely friendship and bonds, love, even hatred (its a powerful thing if you despise somone enough lol) are factors, but light and darkness undoubtably play a major role in regards to how strong a person's heart is in the KH universe. what's important is that the keyblade does not care. evil or kind, filled with light, or lost in darkness, the keyblade is neutral in regards to who it choses. As long as the power is there, anyone can be a candidate. an example to prove this would be riku. riku was originally supposed to be chosen by the KK ..the keyblade which sora ultimately got. If you are under the impression that riku did not get the KK because of the darkness within his heart, you are wrong (to a degree). At the time of riku's inheritance of the KK ..he opended his heart to darkness in order to make his way off of destiny island. this sudden opening of his heart allowed darkness to flood within it and made his heart WEAKKERR in strength. the keyblade recognized this and went to sora, who was the next best candidate. the fact that there was darkness there is not what prevented riku from recieving the keyblade.. its the fact that his heart became weakend, which ironically was caused by the darkness flooding within him haha. this proves that the keyblade does not specify in its decision by light or darkness, but rather the strength of the heart (which is effected by the two)

it should also be stated that the keyblade does not choose a weilder that belongs to a specific realm AND that a light realm keyblade will not choose someone whose heart is dominated by light (and vice versa in regards to darkness) meaning that whatever realm youre a denizen of, youre eligible to wield any keyblade and that light realm keyblades can be weilded by a person whose heart is flooded by darkness and vice versa. mickey is an example of this. mickey is a denizen of the realm of light and his heart contains much more light than it does darkness ..as we know, mickey had already been a keyblade wielder during the days of BBS. in the present however, he weilds the IKK, which is the DARK realm keyblade and this is not the same one he wielded in the past. mickey went to the dark realm and obtained this keyblade to help sora close the door to the dark realm or kingdom hearts (i dont remember which at the moment but its irrelevnt right now) ..i have no idea how he was able to be chosen by the IKK or come to use it while already weilding another but the fact still remains that he does use the IKK. and because he does. it is proof that the keyblade does not specify in its selection by what realm youre from, nor do keyblades from the dark realm only choose wielders from dark realm (same with light) ..

so theorhetically ..theres is nothing preventing someone like idk? .. kairi from being chosen by a keyblade? ..what she also has going for her is the fact that shes a PoH ..and what do we know about the PoH? ..they have the strongest hearts we've been introduced to in the KH universe because they are comprised completely of light and are untainted by darkness ..im sure that a heart made completely of darkness would prbably be equally as strong, but as far as we know, they dont exist, meaning the PoH have the strongest hearts that exist. and because of fact that they are so powerful, it gives tham an edge in regards to the keyblade ..now i dont mean to suggest that snow white or cinderella or any of the other PoH will be chosen by the keyblade, but rather that they are very eligible. and kairi is even more so than the others in part because kairi has done some things that neither a PoH nor any other person has been able to before ..a few examples being..

- the strength of kairi's heart allowed her to rescue sora from an abyss of darkness after he had become a heartless, and she also helped in restoring him to his human form (getting his body back)
- she was (subconciously) able to store her heart within sora's body when her world was being overtaken by darkness .. and this is amazing because she was probably the first person to seperate her heart from her body without forming a heartless and nobody, which is obviously due to her PoH status, but still done only by her..
- most importantly though ..kairi is the first person we've seen who was able to not just hold for a few seconds, but weild and use a keyblade that was not her own (you might say thats not true becuase riku uses the KK to kill some heartless when he first gets reunited with sora in Traverse Town ..as well as in Hollow Bastion when he completely steals the KK from sora. technically riku had already been chosen by that particular keyblade to be its weilder though and not only that, his heart was stronger on these 2 occasions than it was when he was initially supposed to recieve the keyblade, due to his use of the power of darkness, making riku an exception.)

perhaps it is just me, but all of these seem to be pretty significant - especially the last one. the fact that Kairi was able to fight heartless and wield a keyblade for an extended period of time when she hadnt been chosen by one just boggles my mind. it belonged to riku. if i remember correctly,the power of riku's heart manifested that keyblade from memories he had of kairi herself. perhaps this may be a factor in why she was able to use it (as well as its appearance) but it was still not hers at all.

instead of looking at specific details regarding her though ..looking at the bigger picture in regards to the entire story might help to prove my point ..most of the above shows that it's not impossible for kairi to be chosen by a keyblade.. but i would surely bet that most everybody would not find it very likely that she would become a wielder. id have to disagree though ..kingdom hearts is the story of sora, riku and KAIRI - NOTT the story of sora, riku and mikey. Mickey was a wielder during the days of terra, aqua, and ven. he was an apprentice under one of the many keyblade master's there were at the time. his role has always been that of a guardian or protector of the peace of the worlds.. and because (until sora) the events of BBS leave mickey as the only wielder left (so far as we know) it would kind of be his obligation and responsibility to do so since he does have a keyblade.. during BBS, he is not a part of the main trio and appears only to assist them in stopping whoever seems to threaten the stability of the worlds. in the present, he is looked to as a leader because he HAS been through and experienced many things in the past. mickey is wise, and he does whatever he can to ensure that the balance of things always remains intact.

and keeping with the "kingdom hearts is the story of sora, riku and kairi" idea, at the end of KH2, we are introduced to the mysterious note left behind by mickey and we see the reactions it draws from sora, riku and kairi. Nomura has confirmed that the story of KH is not over yet, which can only lead us to assume that the note will bring about the start of a new journey. after having just been reunited and together on their island after so long. do you really think that they would sepereate themselves again and have her get left behind? ..because i dont - SHE probably wouldnt allow it. since bringing her along would only get in the way of sora and riku as well as make herself vulnerable though, she would need a way to protect herself and help. and while riku could easily just duel-wield and toss her that keyblade, it wouldnt really help. the power within it is isnt her own and shed only be swining it around randomly. should be chosen by a keyblade however, things would be slightly different and fits into the grand scheme of things in many ways ...

the power that a keyblade would bring to kairi would help the three a lot. since she is not physically superior character though, chances are likely that should would be a magic based member of the party, much like a donald or perhaps someone like ..aqua? ..through BBS trailers ..we've seen aqua's fighting style enough to know that she has a very magic based and graceful fighting style ..physically she is not that powerful and it isnt a stretch to see kairi take a similar role in a party where you can find sora and riku as well ..while she would be a donald-like character (in regards to the magic) ..riku would be one of brute force and defense ..hes powerful - we all know this and we've sen glimpses of how he'd help defensively in a party in kh2 through moves like his sheild reaction command. hed kind of be like a super goody. and then of course youd have sora whos is the aerial based badass with an all-around style in regards to magic and keyblade skill ..seeing the three of them embark on a journey, all as wielders, ties into the past a bit too..

we are all aware that Terra, Aqua, and Ven are confirmed to share many connections with Sora, Riku and Kairi ..ranging from the obvious name similarities (earth, air, and water), the character traits, etc ..there is also the keyblade ..and should kairi become a wieilder, it would only deepen the connections between TAV and SRK tenfold.. terra, aqua, and ven had to deal with the inital problems that MX's actions would later give way to (heartless, nobodies, most likely Xehanort and/or xemnas and ansem), and sora, riku, and kairi being the ones to finish where they left off is also something that would connect them. i doubt an entirely new enemy would be introduced for a kh3 and the chance of the events of BBS being tied into the future appears very likely, allowing for sora riku and kairi to pick up where TAV left off ..

so i dont mean to yes this will happen, i just want to show people that the chances of kairi becoming a keyblade weilder are pretty high, and be open to the idea of it? ..i dont think that kairi wielding a keyblade would be a detriment to the quality of the story at all, but rather amplify it and make it more interesting, as well as build on those connections from BBS to the present ..like i said ..i guarentee you many will think no way ..its just kairi ..it doesnt fit ..i think it would tho ..

im sorry for the length and i hope it was easy to understand

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I'll just skip to the better part of this so called theory.

- the strength of kairi's heart allowed her to rescue sora from an abyss of darkness after he had become a heartless, and she also helped in restoring him to his human form (getting his body back)

Well she is a PoH, so her heart didn't necessarily have to be strong to combat the darkness.

- she was (subconciously) able to store her heart within sora's body when her world was being overtaken by darkness .. and this is amazing because she was probably the first person to seperate her heart from her body without forming a heartless and nobody, which is obviously due to her PoH status, but still done only by her..

Well given that if this happened to someone else, you could say the same thing that happened to Kairi could also happen to someone else too. It's not like her heart was being taken by a heartless or darkness, even then she wouldn't create one because of her alleged PoH status. Same can be said of someone else's heart to have fled into someone else's body. As long as a heartless or darkness doesn't attempt robbing/consuming that persons heart a heartless isn't created.

- most importantly though ..kairi is the first person we've seen who was able to not just hold for a few seconds, but weild and use a keyblade that was not her own

...and the only reason for that was because Riku allowed her to hold on to it. wielding =\= borrowing

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've only one thing to say to this, aside from what William already surmized.

the strength of kairi's heart allowed her to rescue sora from an abyss of darkness after he had become a heartless, and she also helped in restoring him to his human form (getting his body back)

Kairi's a Princess of Heart. For better or worse, how strong her Heart is never really played a part in her plot, seeing how weak or strong, the Darkness - arguably - has no hold over her Heart.
I say arguably because when it comes down to it, despite her being a Princess of Heart, until Coded or something shows us how it happened and that 'how' doesn't disprove this, she's a Princess of Heart that effectively lost her Heart to the Darkness. She didn't turn into a Heartless, true, but her Heart still left her Body. Despite being a Princess of Heart.
I'd call that weakness, if we ever got true input about the strength of her Heart anywhere in the games. You can't even use Namine as 'proof' for Kairi's strength of Heart, seeing how she spawned off of Sora, whose B+S were already becoming a Nobody, and we once again have the PoH's Purity replacing any need for strength of Heart.

But if she's that weak, she wouldn't get a Keyblade, even if that Keyblade we saw her using wasn't Riku's. Which it is, through Duel Wielding.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Well given that if this happened to someone else, you could say the same thing that happened to Kairi could also happen to someone else too. It's not like her heart was being taken by a heartless or darkness, even then she wouldn't create one because of her alleged PoH status. Same can be said of someone else's heart to have fled into someone else's body. As long as a heartless or darkness doesn't attempt robbing/consuming that persons heart a heartless isn't created.

she could have easily just not done anything ..then be transported somewhere else by the darkness like sora and riku where ..her heart is stronger and purerer than sora's and riku's - darkness doesnt affect it and she out of everyone in that world had the best chance of making it out ..shed really have no reason to store her heart within his body ..

...and the only reason for that was because Riku allowed her to hold on to it. wielding =\= borrowing

thats not entirely true ..sora didnt want riku to hold his keyblade yet he was able ..and regardless of whether or not he wnated to with anyone else ..ex being jack sparrow, leon ..it came right back to him as soon as anyone held it whether he let them or not

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
she could have easily just not done anything ..then be transported somewhere else by the darkness like sora and riku where ..her heart was stroner than sora's and riku's and she out of everyone in that world had the best chance of making it out ..shed really have no reason to store her heart within his ..

Seeing how out of SRK, Kairi was the only one who "turned into a Heartless" (i.e. lost her Heart), and that's despite her being a PoH, I'd hardly call her stronger than anyone, let alone our two Keyblade Wielders.

thats not entirely true ..sora didnt want riku to hold his keyblade yet he was able ..and regardless of whether or not he wnated to with anyone else ..ex being jack sparrow, leon ..it came right back to him as soon as anyone held it whether he let them or not

Sora and Riku are a special case, seeing how Riku was the original wielder for the KK, and it wasn't until Hollow Bastion that Sora was chosen properly to be the Wielder. Hence the tossing back and forth during KH1. Now with Leon it was on instinct, but Sora wanted the Keyblade to return to him with Jack Sparrow, so again the Wielder's will comes into play - as it did with Riku and Kairi.
The only thing you can really use to play with here would be Kairi's status as a PoH, seeing how the PoHs have established ties to the Keyblade, and hence, Kairi could arguably hold Riku's Keyblade whereas other non Wielders couldn't.
We do however have other examples of people tossing back and forth Keyblades to non-wielders, like Roxas and Riku, and Riku and Sora at the fight against Xemnas - and by that point Riku had no ties to the KK so you can't say it's the same as KH1.

tl;dr if you wanna say Kairi's special in that aspect, it's because she's a PoH, but that hardly makes her a Wielder.

It would suck if she were a keyblade wielder.
Gayblade.....

No worries then, the Gayblade is Riku's Keychain, not Kairi's. If Kairi ever were to get a Keyblade of her own through some unholy means, it'd probably be an original design.
Unless of course they'd pull a StarSeeker on us but I'd rather not have Riku use it anyway.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
her heart is stronger and purerer than sora's and riku's - darkness doesnt affect it and she out of everyone in that world had the best chance of making it out

But she didn't make it out. Just because she has a heart of pure light doesn't mean it's stronger, it just means it's more pure/refined is all.

..shed really have no reason to store her heart within his body ..

Isn't that contradictory to your theory then? That would signify her heart being weaker then that of Sora and Riku then =/

Riku's heart at the time was stronger hence his possession of the keyblade at the time. Not to mention the fact that Riku was the proposed keyblade master. Also as for Leon's encounter with the weapon, Sora didn't command it to return that time simply because he had no real experience with the weapon so eventually it would return to him weather he liked it or not. As for Jack Sora allowed him to hold onto it for a limited time and then called it back on his own will, showing that he's become stronger.

[EDIT]

Well shit this is redundant now.

lmao ..yah gotta love this

So you're considering this a game?

Muse

you look atrocious
Oh, tl;dr please. =_= My eyes are bleeding.

-the strength of kairi's heart allowed her to rescue sora from an abyss of darkness after he had become a heartless, and she also helped in restoring him to his human form (getting his body back)

Uh, Kairi did not bring Sora's body back. If she did, then kindly explain who this fellow is:
KH2_Artwork_Roxas.jpg
He's Sora's Nobody, otherwise known as his body and soul. :I

She merely purified his heart of darkness. Not the same as bringing his body back.

I wouldn't necessarily use that as a reason for Kairi becoming a Keyblade Wielder. That's not a display of her strength, that's more of a display of her heart's weakness, imo. In fact, when the Heartless came to DI, Kairi's heart fled from her body. I wouldn't say that's a sign of her having a strong heart.

- most importantly though ..kairi is the first person we've seen who was able to not just hold for a few seconds, but weild and use a keyblade that was not her own

Yeah, because she was borrowing it from Riku.. Difference between actually wielding it herself and borrowing it from someone else.

(you might say thats not true becuase riku uses the KK to kill some heartless when he first gets reunited with sora in Traverse Town ..as well as in Hollow Bastion when he completely steals the KK from sora. technically riku had already been chosen by that particular keyblade to be its weilder though and not only that, his heart was stronger on these 2 occasions than it was when he was initially supposed to recieve the keyblade, due to his use of the power of darkness, making riku an exception.)

Still. Kairi was just borrowing it. Riku actually had the KK to begin with.

we are all aware that Terra, Aqua, and Ven are confirmed to share many connections with Sora, Riku and Kairi ..ranging from the obvious name similarities (earth, air, and water), the character traits, etc ..there is also the keyblade ..and should kairi become a wieilder, it would only deepen the connections between TAV and SRK tenfold.. terra, aqua, and ven had to deal with the inital problems that MX's actions would later give way to (heartless, nobodies, most likely Xehanort and/or xemnas and ansem), and sora, riku, and kairi being the ones to finish where they left off is also something that would connect them. i doubt an entirely new enemy would be introduced for a kh3 and the chance of the events of BBS being tied into the future appears very likely, allowing for sora riku and kairi to pick up where TAV left off ..

Only two members of TAV are actually connected to those of SRK. So, Kairi might not be the one connected.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
haha ..no matter what argument i make for any of these points im going to be completely shut down/proven wrong ..i dunno if people dont like the idea because of the fact that its her or what ..the point of this will fail to get across to anyone though ..id shut it down but im curious as to how many "no fuckin way"s ill get ..lol

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
haha ..no matter what argument i make for any of these points im going to be completely shut down/proven wrong ..i dunno if people dont like the idea because of the fact that its her or what ..the point of this will fail to get across to anyone though ..id shut it down but im curious as to how many ..no ways ill get ..lol

Look at the part I bolded out and tell me what part of us objecting to the concept of Kairi being a Wielder based on what you presented isn't justified.
This isn't us not liking the concept. Heck, the thing I'd love most is for Kairi to turn into Aqua 2 or Xion 2 in KH3. However, seeing what we have now, being that the Gayblade is Riku's Keyblade and Kairi is a PoH with a seemingly weak Heart, Kairi being the next Wielder is from unlikely to impossible.
Again, based on what we have to go on now. They might throw new stuff in, but going by what you presented - aside from it being wrong on some parts (like Kairi bringing back Sora's Body, when she only purified him), there is no basis for Kairi to be a Wielder.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Look at the part I bolded out and tell me what part of us objecting to the concept of Kairi being a Wielder based on what you presented isn't justified.
This isn't us not liking the concept. Heck, the thing I'd love most is for Kairi to turn into Aqua 2 or Xion 2 in KH3. However, seeing what we have now, being that the Gayblade is Riku's Keyblade and Kairi is a PoH with a seemingly weak Heart, Kairi being the next Wielder is from unlikely to impossible.
Again, based on what we have to go on now. They might throw new stuff in, but going by what you presented - aside from it being wrong on some parts (like Kairi bringing back Sora's Body, when she only purified him), there is no basis for Kairi to be a Wielder.

fair enough ..

although i really do not want kairi to become a wielder, it's possible. aqua was, and we already saw kairi holding a keyblade.

Muse

you look atrocious
Jack Sparrow held a Keyblade.
Squall Leonhart held a Keyblade.

:v Your point?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
although i really do not want kairi to become a wielder, it's possible. aqua was, and we already saw kairi holding a keyblade.

Setting aside the point that the Gayblade was Riku Duel Wielding, what does Aqua being a Wielder (the arguable credibility of TAV being proper Wielders aside from now) have to do with Kairi? :\ If anyone was affected directly by their relation to TAV as far as wielding is concerned, it's Sora through Ven and the Duel Wielding mess. Riku was chosen by Terra, but it's not like he got Terra's own Keyblade - he got a Keyblade Terra chose for him, as far as we know, and Xehanort later on being capable of utilizing wielding abilities (opening the Door to the Heart of RG) is proof enough of that (going by the likelihood of the Xehanort-Terra relations).
And with Aqua possibly being unrelated to Kairi, it leaves your point further without - a point.

Jack Sparrow held a Keyblade.
Squall Leonhart held a Keyblade.

:v Your point?

besides the fact that the keyblade dissappearred right out of jack and squall's hands and this didn't happen to kairi?
EDIT: nevermind, i lose this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back