• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi Has A Keyblade?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenKH

The moment I saw the cutscene in KH2 where Riku gave Kairi a keyblade I was like...... WTF?! Then I wondered if she was going to be one of the seven lights. Honestly i think she should have more training XD but whatever :p Do you want Kairi to be one of the seven lights? I do :D

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
One of specific seven to be used in X-Blade soup? Doesn't really matter. There's technically nothing special about it.

WayToDusk

After receiving training, yes! I am almost certain that was the entire reason she was brought to Yen Sid's tower in the first place.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I definitely do. I've always loved Kairi, so anything that gives her the bigger role she deserves (and maybe makes her a bit badass) is more than okay with me. She could use a lot of training, but hey. At least she has the benefit of being properly trained (unlike Sora and Riku) in a place where time is temporarily more flexible. That's pretty big right there. And that she probably has Light powers to work with, too. :)

Tbh, I don't get why people are so shocked at the idea of Kairi being a fighter. I've pretty much wanted that ever since Sora had to leave her behind in KHI, because she'd "kind of be in his way", and wasn't really surprised when she got a Keyblade in KHII. I was more surprised by a certain character in DDD getting one. But as Kairi's the "Aqua" of her group, and this is a series about Keyblade wielding trios, it only makes sense that Kairi falls into the same category. I think it's more than time that she got her chance to fight alongside Sora and Riku ^_^

And really, I don't think she'll be as bad as everyone says. Everyone judges her on her fighting in KHII, but she was untrained then! Plus, the fighting's a lot less spectacular in the cutscenes than in-game. In that scene, Riku looked like he was struggling against the Shadows a bit, as well. And let's not forget that Sora's also killed Heartless by simply whacking them before.

I think people are much too hard on Kai. I mean, look at what all she accomplished from KHI to KHII: In KHI, all she really did was try and defend Sora's Heartless. But in KHII, she escapes Axel via Pluto and Riku's help, later escapes him again (before Saïx, unfortunately, kidnaps her); she jumps off a balcony, seems willing to try and defend herself via martial arts, fights with a Keyblade a bit... Yeah, she definitely "leveled up" in KHII. And if that trend continues during her training, I think she'll be much stronger then she's been given credit for. She is Aqua's successor, after all.

And Kairi's always wanted to fight, and the will is a very strong factor in its own right. Plus, she's always been a little firecracker (like when she punches Riku in the arm towards the end of KHII). Anyway... I'm definitely behind the idea of Kairi as a Light. And sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent. LOL.

Ruran

Awards
@LightUpTheSky42

I never liked the idea of Kairi becoming a wielder/fighter but it has less to do than because I think she'll "suck" and more because I think they had her be one because they wrote them selves into a corner with her character. Kairi's relevant to the story for two reasons:

1. She's a PoH
2. She's close to Sora.

Kairi's PoH status stopped being important for a time after KH1 and certainly meant diddly squat in KH2 so her involvement mostly relied on her making Sora's loins burn. After getting in trouble and saved about a half dozen times, towards the end of the game there really was no reason to keep her around so they slapped a Keyblade on to her. KH2 Kairi I never considered an "improvement" because...her execution was so so bad...She didn't have a reason to be there about 90% of the time, it felt like they just had her there because she was a main character and they were obligated to include her more than they needed to.

Her getting a Keyblade feels less like an "up-grade" and more like the writers gave up on what made Kairi specifically interesting to give her another trait that's more manageable because they didn't know how to include her as a PoH without treading a tired path, especially since they would default to making her a DiD. I would have liked to see them expand more on her PoH status exclusively tbh.

I don't know what you mean about her being Aqua's successor though. Or her punching Riku lol.

Monkey D. Rocky

I hope she isn't going to become one of the seven lights. But based on the KH3D secret ending, there is almost a 100% chance that Kairi will be one of the seven lights. Personally, I feel that Kairi is that "demoiselle in distress" type of character. Not the "let's go destroy every Heartless and Nobody known to man!" type of character. LightUpTheSky452 does put up a good argument that Kairi is Aqua's successor and with Yen Sid training her she could become a great character, but i'm just saying that i'm not ready to see Kairi turn into a whole new character.

Ruran

Awards
*looks around*

What is all this talk of Kairi being Aqua's "successor"? Is this in reference to the fact that Aqua bequeathed her? That doesn't necessarily mean anything unless Kairi becomes her pupil. :x

Zero Dozer

Kairi is actually Riku's pupil for what we see at the end of DDD...

Remember; a Keyblade Master can choose to become a journeyer across the worlds, or to pick his own disciple. Riku choose the latter and made profit on the gift Aqua gave to Kairi at Radiant Garden twelve years ago...

WayToDusk

I hope she isn't going to become one of the seven lights. But based on the KH3D secret ending, there is almost a 100% chance that Kairi will be one of the seven lights. Personally, I feel that Kairi is that "demoiselle in distress" type of character. Not the "let's go destroy every Heartless and Nobody known to man!" type of character. LightUpTheSky452 does put up a good argument that Kairi is Aqua's successor and with Yen Sid training her she could become a great character, but i'm just saying that i'm not ready to see Kairi turn into a whole new character.
To be honest, the first time she was kidnapped her heart was safe inside Sora, and the other two times she escaped. She's not much of a damsel in distress in that regard.

Ruran

Awards
It was never really disclosed as to who Kairi's master is or if she'll even get one. I like to think that Riku, Yen Sid, and Mickey will all teach her simultaneously with maybe the aid of Donald and Goofy. Having one person take Kairi under their wing at this time seems kind of frivolous to me imo. More bang for your buck that way, especially since Kairi's so under leveled.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@LightUpTheSky42

I never liked the idea of Kairi becoming a wielder/fighter but it has less to do than because I think she'll "suck" and more because I think they had her be one because they wrote them selves into a corner with her character. Kairi's relevant to the story for two reasons:

1. She's a PoH
2. She's close to Sora.

Kairi's PoH status stopped being important for a time after KH1 and certainly meant diddly squat in KH2 so her involvement mostly relied on her making Sora's loins burn. After getting in trouble and saved about a half dozen times, towards the end of the game there really was no reason to keep her around so they slapped a Keyblade on to her. KH2 Kairi I never considered an "improvement" because...her execution was so so bad...She didn't have a reason to be there about 90% of the time, it felt like they just had her there because she was a main character and they were obligated to include her more than they needed to.

Her getting a Keyblade feels less like an "up-grade" and more like the writers gave up on what made Kairi specifically interesting to give her another trait that's more manageable because they didn't know how to include her as a PoH without treading a tired path, especially since they would default to making her a DiD. I would have liked to see them expand more on her PoH status exclusively tbh.

I don't know what you mean about her being Aqua's successor though. Or her punching Riku lol.

Tbh, I don't really like Kairi's treatment in the series, either. But I like her being a Keyblade wielder, because she said she always wanted to fight, and at least it's giving her some role. Frankly, I don't like the idea that she has to be a fighter to be important, but in a fast paced series like KH, I guess I can get why they'd think they had to do that. I just wish Nomura would have planned out a more substantial role from her early on. Especially since she was such a driving force in KHI (even CoM somewhat), but now is just disappearing more and more. It's a pity; especially since I feel like they had more planned for her during the time of the KHI beta trailer.

And mostly Kairi's Aqua's "successor" because Aqua did give her the power, but other reasons, too. Like how they have similar traits, both have hearts of "pure" Light, might end up walking the same path, etc. Sora and Riku walked similar paths to Ven and Terra, so Kairi might do the same with Aqua. I already think she has a little bit, actually.

I swore I'd never do this, but I actually wrote a fanfiction recently that kind of shows how similar Aqua and Kairi are in ways, and that really all Kairi's missing is character development. I usually wouldn't post this, but it is my best work (so I'm not completely self-conscious about it), and I think it shows a lot of things that people usually miss between the two. Here it is, One Sky, One Destiny, a kingdom hearts fanfic | FanFiction if you want to give it a read. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, since I want to be an author and am working towards that goal.

About the punching Riku thing: do you remember the scene towards the end of KHII when the gang is celebrating their "victory" over Xemnas (right before Roxas and Nami return to Sora and Kairi, and all that)? Well, if you zoom in on that part, you'll see that Kairi actually slaps Riku in the arm. I always liked that scene, because I actually thought it was a rather cute, rare Riku/Kairi scene that maybe showed their dynamic with each other. Anyway, I only know about it because I accidentally found it while video editing once. I'd post it here for you all to see (as I have a gif of it on my PC), but I don't really know how to do that. If someone can tell me how, I'd be happy to post it:)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Riku, kairi, sora, ven, aqua, mickey, and lea. Those are the seven lights, confirmed.

If the identity of all seven lights were actually confirmed, we would be discussing it in this thread, would we?

Ruran

Awards
Tbh, I don't really like Kairi's treatment in the series, either. But I like her being a Keyblade wielder, because she said she always wanted to fight, and at least it's giving her some role. Frankly, I don't like the idea that she has to be a fighter to be important, but in a fast paced series like KH, I guess I can get why they'd think they had to do that. I just wish Nomura would have planned out a more substantial role from her early on. Especially since she was such a driving force in KHI (even CoM somewhat), but now is just disappearing more and more. It's a pity; especially since I feel like they had more planned for her during the time of the KHI beta trailer.

And mostly Kairi's Aqua's "successor" because Aqua did give her the power, but other reasons, too. Like how they have similar traits, both have hearts of "pure" Light, might end up walking the same path, etc. Sora and Riku walked similar paths to Ven and Terra, so Kairi might do the same with Aqua. I already think she has a little bit, actually.

I swore I'd never do this, but I actually wrote a fanfiction recently that kind of shows how similar Aqua and Kairi are in ways, and that really all Kairi's missing is character development. I usually wouldn't post this, but it is my best work (so I'm not completely self-conscious about it), and I think it shows a lot of things that people usually miss between the two. Here it is, One Sky, One Destiny, a kingdom hearts fanfic | FanFiction if you want to give it a read. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, since I want to be an author and am working towards that goal.

About the punching Riku thing: do you remember the scene towards the end of KHII when the gang is celebrating their "victory" over Xemnas (right before Roxas and Nami return to Sora and Kairi, and all that)? Well, if you zoom in on that part, you'll see that Kairi actually slaps Riku in the arm. I always liked that scene, because I actually thought it was a rather cute, rare Riku/Kairi scene that maybe showed their dynamic with each other. Anyway, I only know about it because I accidentally found it while video editing once. I'd post it here for you all to see (as I have a gif of it on my PC), but I don't really know how to do that. If someone can tell me how, I'd be happy to post it:)

I don't really like her being a fighter either way but we can agree for the most part. Her treatment has been pretty meh, and even if it was passive in the first game she was at least important.

Kairi and Aqua where never really meant to have a strong connection/similarities per say and for the most part, I never saw it. Which I'm glad for tbh because we have so many characters that are based on this character, born from that character, and melded with this character, etc. It's nice to have characters that are connected in some way but they don't try to jam in how spucialful and meaningful their relationship is in the sense that they're not connected the same way that Sora and Ven are for instance. They're just two people who met once because destiny.

I might read it later.

*goes to find scene*

I don't see it. XD
It just looks like Kairi spun around and her arm passed Riku's.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ummmmm what about Terra!?!? Lea just learned to wield his keyblade i don't think he's going to be a guardian. And where was that info confirmed?

It wasn't. Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back