• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Japanese Voices and Soundtrack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakide

Hello there!

I want to start with the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time, and moreover I'm going to play it in Japanese.
Now I'm planning to get the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX to start off. The Japanese version, of course.
It's just that I read about the ReMIX's content on different sites, and for example on Wikipedia it's stated that "poken dialogue is in English, with Japanese subtitles". Does that mean the Final Mix doesn't contain the Japanese voices?? T.T
On other websites they say that you can switch between Japanese and English audio, so now I'm quite confused.
And what about the soundtrack? Do the songs switch to their Japanese version if the voice language is changed to Japanese, or is it English theme songs only?

There is gameplay footage of the JP version. However, I'm not quite sure if it's from the Final Mix or the normal PS2 version.

Could somebody who owns the Japanese copy confirm the available voice options for me, please? ;)

And what about the 358/2 Days cutscenes? I think I remember having read something about certain parts not being voiced because of the lack of voice actors. But I really can't recall exactly what I've read.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hello there!

I want to start with the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time, and moreover I'm going to play it in Japanese.
Now I'm planning to get the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX to start off. The Japanese version, of course.
It's just that I read about the ReMIX's content on different sites, and for example on Wikipedia it's stated that "poken dialogue is in English, with Japanese subtitles". Does that mean the Final Mix doesn't contain the Japanese voices?? T.T
On other websites they say that you can switch between Japanese and English audio, so now I'm quite confused.
And what about the soundtrack? Do the songs switch to their Japanese version if the voice language is changed to Japanese, or is it English theme songs only?

There is gameplay footage of the JP version. However, I'm not quite sure if it's from the Final Mix or the normal PS2 version.

Could somebody who owns the Japanese copy confirm the available voice options for me, please? ;)

And what about the 358/2 Days cutscenes? I think I remember having read something about certain parts not being voiced because of the lack of voice actors. But I really can't recall exactly what I've read.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Well hello! I do not own a Japanese copy, but I can still confirm some stuff.

I have watched this one lad on Youtube play the Japanese version KH1.5, and the dialogue is in Japanese. The Final Mix scenes aren`t voiced, but they still have Japanese subtitles. The menus are in Japanese also.
I haven`t heard of any voice options on the 1.5 version, or 2.5.

About the soundtrack, I am pretty sure that Simple and Clean, and Sanctuary are performed in Japanese by Utada. I ordered an KH soundtrack from Japan, and Sanctuary was in Japanese. So it stands to reason that the Japanese version of this game also contains the Japanese version of the songs. This video also confirms it. It has KH1`s theme song, simple and clean:https://youtu.be/-2dFb20TGmU?list=PL5NarVlMDfGHWHbLV8HtdTZ-4iGimk3gy&t=215

About Days, yes certain parts are not voiced. Instead you have this text bubble which will summarize the events of that particular day. But I am pretty certain the text, and the voice acting is performed in Japanese.

I hope this help!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
1.5 is purely Japanese. Only in 2.5's theatre mode there is the dual audio function, the game itself is still purely in Japanese.

All songs in both games are in Japanese only as well.

Sakide

Wow, thanks a bunch!
In the video, the opening scene seems to be voiced though.

Daaaaamn, I'm so hyped for this game and I don't even know why!
:wink:

Oh, and another question... It is going to run on my European PS3, right? ._.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Wow, thanks a bunch!
In the video, the opening scene seems to be voiced though.

Daaaaamn, I'm so hyped for this game and I don't even know why!
:wink:

Oh, and another question... It is going to run on my European PS3, right? ._.

If I remember correctly PS3`s aren`t region locked, so it runs on your on PS3. Also I have seen people play the Japanese version of KH1.5 and 2.5, and they were European. So yeah, it runs.

Sakide

hemmoheikkinen said:
If I remember correctly PS3`s aren`t region locked, so it runs on your on PS3. Also I have seen people play the Japanese version of KH1.5 and 2.5, and they were European. So yeah, it runs.

Alright. I just wondered because on amazon it says the following:

Jeu non zoné compatible PlayStation 3 Européenne

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Well, I guess I have no choice but to try it out. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Playstation's are region free so you can play the Japanese version KH 1.5 or 2.5 just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back