• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► "I've Got An Angel Watching Me..." ((#777 in MS Competition))

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Oiyo! This is my entry for the MS romance fanfic competition! I am doing the classic SoKai pairing! Haruka, ((the spawn of Yuna and Tidus)), Aragon, ((The spawn of me and Riku ^_^)) and Cirrus ((The spawn of Cloud and Aerith)) Belong to me.

And a special thanks to K_K and Pickle for helping me come up with their names ^_^....I warn you...This is a very LONG oneshot. I got the idea from DNAngel and the song by...somebody...>_>....thoughts, lyrics, and flashbacks are in italics..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time went by so quickly…you were only seventeen. When you left you took a part of me…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
…:40 Years Ago:…

All of Destiny Islands was silent. The moonlight was pouring down on the small island that a few teenagers called home. The gentle crashing of the surf against the sand, the chirps of the lonely crickets, the occasional call of a lone seagull was all that could be heard. It was as though no human life flourished in this ‘paradise’…

However…to one girl, this island was not paradise…It was a prison, surrounded by water. One lone girl stood at the brink of the surf, the light from the full moon bathed her already pale skin, giving the impression that she was a celestial being. Her cerulean blue eyes were fastened on to the dark and quiet horizon.

The blue eyes that once held so much energy, so much life were beginning to grow dull with the endless days of waiting. Her crimson hair swirled around her face as the breeze whisked by. The cascading waters washed over her feet, soaking through her pink boots and in to her socks.

It seemed as though the auburn haired beauty was living in an eternal night. Her throat was dry and her eyes were swollen with the endless tears that fell…drop after drop. The nostalgia of this place penetrated her fragile heart…Her creamy face turned towards the paopu tree…

:…Flashback…:

My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears,
And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;
Where can we find two better hemispheres?
Without sharp north, without declining west?
Whatever dies, was not mix'd equally;
If our two loves be one, or thou and I
Love so alike that none can slacken, none can die”

“What a bunch of crap!” A fourteen year old brunette snorted as he swung his feet over the palm tree’s trunk. Kairi cast him a frown before saying, “I happen to believe every word of it!” The brunette scratched his head, “Yeah, well girls are always in to that mushy romance garbage…”

Kairi glared at the boy before saying, “Then you must be an oddball, seeing as you are a girl too…” The brunette turns his head to Kairi before retorting with a pout, “I am not!” Kairi laughed at his pitiful attempt of a glare, “Sora, you are so cute!”

The boy blinked his azure eyes in confusion, “Wha-!?” A red blush graced his tan cheeks as his eyes widened to their full extent. Kairi shook her head dismissively, “Never mind…Lets get back to the English homework…” Sora nodded in agreement, but the boy still had that same puzzled expression.

After 20 minutes of reading medieval books Kairi stood up to watch the sun bleed the horizon with twilight. “Hey Sora?” The brunette lifted his head sleepily, “Hmm?” He grunted. Kairi put her hands behind her back and asked, “Don’t you think there’s more to life? Why long for things, if we’re not meant to have them?”

Sora paused as he tried to find the words to answer her, “I know exactly what you mean…” His answer had surprised Kairi, causing her to turn around to face him…only to find that he was right behind her!

“Sora? What are you do-?” Sora pressed his index finger against her lips with a cocky smirk, “Our love is as strong as death. Why be capable of feelings if we're not to have them? Why long for things if they're not meant to be ours?”

Kairi’s eyes widened as he spoke such beautiful words. They were so close…she could feel his breath against her face, she could see her reflection in his eyes, she could feel the heat emitting from his body. “Or something like that right?” He laughed with his goofy immature grin.

Kairi nodded, but still felt the blush across her cheeks, “Yeah…sure.”

:…End of Flashback…:

Kairi closed her eyes feeling a few tears trickle down her pale cheeks, “Ill wait for you forever…because the light known as you finds me…in the middle of the night…” Kairi sadly died that fateful night…Her light had worn out, and faded…she died of being heartsick… :present Day:… “Mom! Where’s my lunch!? I can’t find it!” A teenage boy’s voice rang out through the household. A woman’s voice chuckled with an answer of, “Calm down sweetie! It’s right over there!” The teenage boy reached down and pulled his bagged lunch out of his dog’s mouth, “Thanks Mercury!” The orange dog barked happily and licked his master’s hand before running in to the kitchen. “Okay! I’m going now!” The boy yelled in to the house. A woman with blonde hair came around the corner to see him out the door, “Oh! Roxas!” The teenage boy turned his head to gaze at him mother. The boy had the same blonde hair as his mother, and the same blue eyes. Except his eyes were dark blue like the deep seas. His hair was spiky and appeared to defy gravity as well. “Remember to get home early tonight…” His mother repeated again. Roxas’s dark blue eyes rolled upward in annoyance, “I know! I know! You don’t have to keep reminding me! And I wish you’d stop leaving me lock these ‘doors’ without telling me!” He informed hi smother with an irritated pout. His blonde mother looked in to the living room with a glance, “But I didn’t leave you to do it this time! It was your grandfather!” Roxas blinked his eyes a few times before asking in a stunned voice, “Grandpa?” His grandfather who had spiky brunette hair in almost the exact same style as Roxas, and the same dark blue eyes was urrently watching the television. Roxas cocked his head with natural curiosity, “Grandpa…left me to shut the door?” -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Yo! Roxas!” A voice called from behind the blonde. Roxas turned around to see his friend, “Hey, what’s up Haruka?” Roxas looked at his friend who had mismatched blue and green eyes, and dirty blonde hair with brown streaks.

Haruka grabbed Roxas and quietly pulled him near the wall on the neighboring classroom, “You see that?” Roxas began to crane his head to see what Haruka was pointing at, “That! That!” He hissed. “Look at Aragon!”

Roxas looked inside to see his best friend Aragon sitting alone with a glazed and distant expression over his face. “What IS he doing!?” Roxas asked curiously. Haruka whispered, “I do not know my good sir! But whatever he’s doing…he’s been just staring off in to space all day!”

Roxas tackled Haruka and yelled, “Oh my god! He must have snapped!” Haruka backed away and sped out the door as if he was on fire. Thankfully Roxas’s teacher poked him in the shoulder, “WHO GOES THERE!?” Roxas yelled and spun around in a samurai pose.

“Sorry Roxas. I didn’t mean to scare you!” The teacher chuckled at the boy’s behavior. Roxas pouted in anger, “I wasn’t scared! I am a man!” His teacher nodded, “Sure you are…Anyway, I just wanted to remind you that your extra credit report on the mating habits of penguins is due next Wednesday. Roxas nodded in understanding and began to head for the exit of the building.

He had just stepped out of the building when her heard a voice from directly behind him, “Roxas..” The blonde yelped, “Eep! A-Aragon!? The platinum haired boy muttered, “Excuse me please…” He then grabbed the scrawny blonde around the neck and said, “I need to speak with you…”

Roxas flailed his arms in terror and shouted, “Haruka! Save me!” Haruka spun his blitzball on his index finger wit ha wink, “Sorry Roxas! I’ve got practice!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aragon dragged Roxas in to the park and sat the weaker and scrawnier boy down at the fountain, “Now I need to tell you tha-“ Aragon was cut off by a loud, “Hey guys!” The boys craned their heads to the side to see their best friend Cirrus running towards them.

The girl had bright emerald eyes and long chestnut hair which came out in all directions. She was wearing a pink short sleeve shirt with a lion holding a ring in its mouth. She was also wearing blue pants with many belts across her legs. “What are you doing?” She questioned with interest.

“Hey Cirrus! Aragon was about to tell me something.” Roxas said with a goofy grin. “So we’ve met up with Cirrus, Now will you listen to me?” Aragon impatiently asked.

Roxas and Cirrus nodded in unsion as Aragon began, “I’ve been worrying all day and I’ve made up my mind! Worrying isn’t for me!” Roxas blinked and slowly asked, “So…you’ve figured out your problem?”

Aragon then seized Roxas and began shaking the poor teenager like a rag doll, “I’M TRYING! I’M TRYING!” Aragon pulled something from his pocket with an enthusiastic, “Look! See this!?”

In his hand was a photograph… In the photo was a girl with bright cerulean eyes and silky short crimson tresses. Roxas took the photo and asked, “Who’s this girl?” Cirrus too examined the photo as Aragon replied, “You know that you have to go to seal the door or something right?”

“ I went to scout out the area in case any Heartless or Nobodies were around…and in the museum past the guards and everything… I saw that girl…” Roxas blinked a few times at the picture, ‘This girl? Maybe she is just interested in keeping Kingdom Hearts closed, Aragon…”

“Maybe…but that doesn’t matter! What I want to know is-,” A blush crossed Aragon’s pale face as his chestnut eyes looked sideways, “Who is she...where is she from? That’s what I want to find out…” It then dawned on Roxas what Aragon was talking about, “Oh! I get it! You’re in lo-“
Roxas was cut off as Cirrus said, “Huh…she doesn’t seem to live anywhere in this city…” Cirrus typed a few things in to her laptop as she spoke. Aragon cocked his head, “Cirrus?” Cirrus blew a strand of hair from her eyes before saying, “That’s strange…She doesn’t seem to live anywhere in Destiny Islands…

Roxas blinked a few times as his mind wandered, he then noticed his watch, “Oh no! Its eight o’ clock already!? I have to get to the museum by nine!” Roxas grabbed his backpack and said, “Sorry Aragon! I have to go!” The platinum haired teen growled, “Roxas!?” Roxas then sped off down the road back to his house…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Heh, that was pathetically easy…” Roxas chuckled as he finished off the last Heartless with a swipe from Oblivion. Roxas was dressed in a black raincoat which hid his face from view. His objective was to get a hold of a lucky charm which hwas inside of the museum. His grandfather had told him that it could be used by the Heartless for evil purposes. “This is gonna be a piece of cake-!”

He noticed the form of a human sitting on a pedestal. Their face turned to show that it was indeed a human. And it was also a female…Roxas caught sight of the cerulean blue eyes and the crimson hair, “It’s her! That girl Aragon was talking about!” The girl quietly asked, “Keyblade…Master?” Her voice was as soft as a gentle breeze as she addressed Roxas, “Yeah?” Roxas responded to her inquiry.

“You came for this…didn’t you?” She questioned as she held up a charm. It was made of thasala shells and sewn together, with a smiley face upon it. Roxas smirked from behind the hood, “Yep…” The girl’s face became sad and pleading, “Please! Will you wait one more day? If you do...I’ll give it to you myself…” Her eyes shimmered as she pleaded with the key bearer.

Please…” She begged with such a soft and desperate voice. Roxas grinned good-naturedly, “Sure, I can’t resist the request of a pretty girl…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, Aragon made his way in to the museum holding a sword shaped in to a black angel’s wing. “Looks like Roxas failed for once…” He grumbled as he swung the One Winged Soul over his head. He made his way in to the main chamber. He then noticed the pedestal. “Yesterday…I saw her right there…”

Aragon then turned around with a sigh, “I guess it was stupid to think she’d be here again...oh well…” Aragon was starting to leave but a voice interrupted him, “Who’s there?”

Aragon spun around to see the girl once again. Her cerulean eyes sparkled, and her crimson hair reflected the moonlight, “Who…are you?” A blush crossed Aragon’s face and he flailed his hands in circles, “What!? Me?! I’m Nobody!” I mean…I didn’t mean to sneak up on you or anything! I’m just working that’s all!”

Aragon then came out of his baka-like state and asked, “Wait…what are you doing here?” The crimson haired beauty smiled, “I’m waiting for my Dearly Beloved…” Aragon ten noticed the thasala charm in her hand and gestured to it, “That charm...isn’t that the Keyblade Master’s next target…?”

“Yes… I asked him to wait one more day…,” She then held the good luck charm against her heart, “This lucky charm…is my most precious possession…” Aragon blinked a few times, “Hmm…then…You don’t have to give it to him! You can keep it yourself! I’ll help you!”

Determination and enthusiasm crossed Aragon’s teenage face, “I’ll protect it! I mean it!”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of boots against marble floors could be heard, “Miss…your extra day is up…Hand over the lucky charm.” The lights then suddenly flew on blinding Roxas’s face. “She’s not handing over anything…” A familiar voice answered.

Aragon came in to view, holding The One Winged Soul over his shoulder, “SO you can just forget about the lucky charm …Keyblade Brat!” Roxa’s eyes bulged out from his head, Aragon!?” Aragon sprinted forward and clashed blades with Roxas, the metal sang as the blades connected with each other. Roxas back flipped and yelped, “Now lets talk about this!”

“I’m not listening to a word you say!” Aragon shouted as the crimson haired girl covered her mouth with her hand to stifle a gasp. Roxas dodged Aragon’s Dark Fiagra as Aragon yelled, “So the great Keyblade Master gets his kicks by stealing from helpless girls!?”

“Hey! What are you saying?! Its not like that!!” Roxas shouted back in anger. Here we was, fighting his best friend over a stupid charm…Roxas then disappeared from view as the Unknowns can, and reappeared behind the girl! Aragon spun around, “Damn you Roxas!”

“I’m sorry Miss…” Roxas apologized as he began to pull the charm from the redhead’s hand. The blue eyed girl gasped as the charm was seized from her…except…not by Roxas…

“I’ll take that!” Aragon snickered and began dashing in the opposite direction. “Hey!” Roxas shouted in frustration as his best friend took off. “Forget it! You’ll never get this!” Aragon taunted. Roxas also began to sprint after the platinum haired teen cursing all the way…As he did the girl’s eyes widened as she weakly slumped over, she was empty without her precious charm…

Roxas ran up the stairs after Aragon as he yelled, “Listen to me!” The light from ahead disappeared. A familiar, adorable pout crossed Roxas’s face, “Idiot…” He grumbled. As he neared the door he smirked and said, “The curse is broken!”

Aragon and Roxas were at the top of museum, many, many feet above the ground, “Come back here!” Roxas growled in annoyance. Aragon’s head spun around to glare at Roxas, “Damn, you’re stubborn! But I won’t let you ta-!” Aragon’s foot slipped and he began falling towards the ground, “Aragon!” Roxas shouted as he tried to grab his friend’s hand but was too late.

Aragon continued to fall towards the ground far far below, “Aeroga!” Roxas shouted and pointed his Keyblade at Aragon. Aragon’s yell of panic could be heard growing fainter and fainter …There was a loud snapping of twigs and a thud as Aragon fell in to a bush down on the ground.

The crimson haired girl spun around to see what had caused the sudden sound. She ran towards the bush only to gasp as Aragon stood up with a groan of ,”I saved it…” The girl’s cerulean eyes cast him a concerned glance, but soon fell upon the charm. Aragon guiltily said, “Oh…I thought I did…I broke it…I’m so sorry…” He weakly apologized to her.

She looked very heartbroken, but Aragon said ,”But here…” he handed her the charm and she smiled at him with gratitude, “Thank you…” Fighting to stay conscious Aragon looked up at her with his eyelids drooping, “By the way…what’s…your name…?”

The redhead smiled and replied, “My name is…Kairi Hikari…and thank you so much…” It was silent until the lucky charm disappeared from Kairi’s hand , “Well...so much for the good luck charm…but… I was going to break it anyway…This charm …as long as you had it…you were trapped on this world…You’ve waited a very long time…for me to find you…but now…the curse is broken.”

I promised to come back to you Kairi, and to return your good luck charm…

Tears trickled down from Kairi’s closed eyes as she sorrowfully poke, “I’ve waited so long…Finally, it’s over, but…I didn’t get to see him again…” Roxas then stepped forward…

His Unknown hood was blown off by the wild wind, as he emerged from the Darkness he said, “The charm…is broken…but, “ Kairi’s sapphire eyes widened to their full extent as Roxas’s shaded face came in to some view, “I think…you should keep it okay?”
Kairi’s hands swiftly flew to her mouth to stifle her gasp as her eyes shimmered with tears, as she saw part of Roxas’s face.

“When I was a Heartless, you saved me... I was lost in the darkness…and I couldn’t find my way. As I stumbled through the darkness I started to forget things, my friends, who I was…The darkness almost swallowed me. But then, I heard a voice! You’re voice! You brought me back…”

Roxas then handed the lucky charm to Kairi who took it as he said, “I think it will be okay with Grandpa.” A s Kairi began to glow and her hair caught an unnatural wind she started to cry, tears of joy, “You’ve come back…you’ve come…after all this time…Finally I’ve seen you again! And now I can finally tell you!”

Roxas’s eyes widened in confusion as Kairi began to disappear in to the moonlight, “-That I love you, you lazy bum!” Kairi finished with a giggle as she disappeared in to a sparkling light…
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ah…That’s what she said?” Roxas turned to his grandfather wit ha curious expression, “Grandpa? You knew her?” He questioned. The old man answered, “Yes…Kairi…was my best and closest friend…We grew up together…and over time…we eventually fell in love…”

57 year old Sora sighed with a small smile across his aged face, “I never complained about my role in the universe…I was born to be the Keyblade Master, I grew up ready to save worlds, protect my friends, even sacrifice myself…I never really thought about what I was doing one way or the other…All I knew was that I had to protect my friends…I could not return home…until the Heartless were gone…I could not return to Kairi…”

“But when the world was sleeping…and I flew through the night I always saw…a small window with the light on all night. I knew it was her window.” Sora sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as he used to as a youth, “Kairi was inside that room…and every single night…she would lie there… looking outside…Her tiny glimmering window, in the pitch black night…I felt like it was calling me…”

“Sometimes I would pass by my hometown and watch her as she slept, I knew I could not be with her and return home until the Heartless were vanquished…” Sora then stared up in to the sky…”However…I did return to her…she was shy and fragile, but seemed so alive when she smiled at me…her smile fulfilled me in ways saving hearts never could…I now believe she was sent here to save me from the darkness…and every night…I would ask your grandmother…Namine…to wipe Kairi’s memory of the nights we spent together…”

“And so…Kairi would forget that I ever came to her every night…yet by erasing her memories…it forced her true memories of me, deeper and deeper in to the darkness of her heart. So when she woke up in the morning…she began to forget me…my voice left her…Eventually…the constant memory erasing caused her heart to weaken…she soon grew weak…that night…I planned to go home and stay there… with her…,”

Sora’s azure eyes filled with emotion as he concluded, “But I never had the chance…she wouldn’t wait for me any longer…and…she died…So I left her good luck charm, the one I promised to return to her in her hands…tonight was the anniversary of that night…”

Roxas stared at his grandfather, feeling his own heart swell with remorse…He then angrily demanded, “But that means she was waiting for you! Why didn’t you go to meet her grandpa!?”

Sora looked in to the sky with sorrow glazed over his eyes, “Kairi was waiting for my fourteen year old self. She wouldn’t have even known me…”

“Sora…don’t ever change…”

“Because in her mind…I’m still that fourteen year old…”

I just want to let you know
This was your time
You went away and it seems the days all fade into night
But you'll be alright, I know it
Cause now I've got an angel watching me

Sora then turned to his grandson with a riptide of emotions swirling in his eyes, “Listen Roxas….A Keyblade Master doesn’t only take things…,”

Time went by so quickly
You were only seventeen
When you left you took a part of me
Took so much for granted
Can you hear me, can you see
Something's making me believe

“Sometimes…Sometimes they give…they give dreams to those they care about..,”

This was your time
Cause I've got an angel watching me

This was your time

Give me faith, give me hope

“That’s also the job of a Keyblade Master…”
I've been searching for
Truth that lies behind the door you've found
Do you keep your name
Is it all the same in your new world

This is your time

“Telling lies…to make people happy…”

This is your time

Roxas then turned to his grandfather, “Grandpa…do you still love Kairi?” He questioned.

Time will last long
I know that you're not that far

“Yes Roxas…I still love her…and I always will…”

Cause now I've got an angel watching me…

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Aw, flam. I just lost. THANK YOU, SA! >.<

BEAUTIFUL FIC! Man. JEEZ! What can I say?! I think I know who won. >.<;

Curse your beautiful writing skills!

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Now, now, K_K. As much as I'd love to disqualify her and have a chance at winning this contest, we can't. IT'S TOO PRETTY! o.o ;-;

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Thanks ^_^ I guess my hand cramps paid off! Glad you liked it...every time I read Roxas's name....I get a bad taste in my mouth.....-_-....'Roxas....' BLEH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back