• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► It Ain't Over Until The Fat Lady Sings (FF7/FF9 crossover)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
We're gearing up to the end?! I'm going to be sad to see this one come to an end. I like the explanation on the Guardians and what their purpose is. I can kind of see the motherly bond Nora has for Zidane. I am greatly curious about the letter and the life span Kuja has left before he dies. In a way, I don't want him to die, because he kind of redeemed himself a little during all of this. On the other hand, I find that clever about the piano and floor board. I really can't wait to see what happens next, and this was a good chapter overall. I'm amused about Tifa having to appear less threatening though.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Sorry about the delay. I kinda got distracted by a new PS3 (Replaying the KH games again just because saves don't transfer between PSN accounts..UGH..) and I had my computer go absolutely lulu, so I had to redo the system yet again. Time for the "Bad computer!" pic again:

badcomputer.jpg

I'll get it done soon as I can. Again sorry about the delay.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Finally. My apologies for leaving it this long. I really got distracted by games and also by real life (not to mention I've had a KH fic idea that will NOT go away). So finally..I believe this is the second to last chapter of this story as it is.

Oh and the letter in this. It's the letter from the ending of FF9, so if you haven't beaten FF9, RUN. I had to find a script so I could recreate it without the cut-scenes. I'll be using that script once again in the next chapter tho it'll be from a totally different point of view. ^^

Anyway here we go.

Chapter 7

...I was surprised to see Kuja again, I thought he was dead. He had a few things to clear up too; seems all the Genomes have souls now thanks to him and Nora. I'm guessing it must be a relief for her, since those soul crystals must have been driving her nuts. He only lasted long enough for us to get back to the Mist Continent, but I know now that what happened gave him a conscience. I forgave him, and I hope everyone else will too.
….Alanna also gave me a letter from Vivi, who died a bit ago. I'm still a bit upset and sad about the fact he's..not here anymore…
...I've rejoined Tantalus for the moment, but everyone knows and is helping plan a huge surprise next week for Queen Garnet and crew..It won't be long now..
~~From Zidane's journal

Zidane stared at Kuja for a moment. He was surprised that Kuja had survived..

“Kuja..”
“Say no more, brother.” Kuja hung his head. “It's only thanks to that Guardian that I'm here at all.”
“She..saved you?”
“She considered me a victim as well; I think she was right.”
Not going to argue with her on that, Zidane thought. Kuja then said, “I did help her out though, I don't know if it is enough atonement but all the Genomes have souls, now.”
“How?!”
“Did she tell you about the crystals she had to keep?”
“Yeah she did..Wait, did she?”
“If you mean she released them, she did. Me and her made a journey to Black Mage Village with all those crystals in a basket; I felt that I could at least watch her back. She dropped them at the entrance; they all rose in the air and broke, and every genome got their soul. I helped them cope after, then I left..I don't really deserve to have a home..”
That's wrong! Zidane thought. “Even if you never meet the others..you should at least have somewhere to stay.”
Kuja thought a second. “Maybe you're right, but I do want to be by myself in the end; rather not cause any more trouble.”
Zidane couldn't argue with that. Alanna then turned to Zidane.

“Ah have ah letter fer ya, as well as some bad news, sorry about this..”
“Hm?”
Alanna took the letter out of her pack that she'd been carrying. “Vivi died; this is from him...”
“Oh no...” Zidane wanted to cry. He knew most Black Mages didn't last very long, but that was terrible. He took the letter and opened it. There was a lot of stuff apologizing that he knew he wouldn't be able to say this in person, but it went..

I always talked about you, Zidane. How you were a very special person to us, because you taught us how important life is. You taught me life doesn't last forever. That's why we have to help each other and live life to the fullest. Even if you say goodbye, you'll always be in our hearts. So, I know we're not alone anymore. Why I was born...How I wanted to live...Thanks for giving me time to think. To keep doing what you set your heart on...It's a very hard thing to do. We were all so courageous...What do to when I felt lonely...that was the only thing you couldn't teach me. But we need to figure out the answer ourselves...I'm so happy I met everyone...I wish we could of gone on more adventures. But I guess we all have to say goodbye someday. Tell everyone..Thank you. Farewell. My memories will be part of the sky...

--Vivi”

Zidane then did cry for a bit. Both Cloud and Tifa touched his free hand, saying without words that they were there and they'd be there for him.

Soon as Zidane calmed down and put the letter in his jacket, they all headed for the airship. They made a quick stop by Conde Petie so Alanna could send a letter (“A've been tellin' Freya 'bout what's going on; she'll be glad ta hear yer okay, Zidane!”, she said as she went to find the moogle), then flew off. It took them a few hours to get to the Mist Continent, which was misty no more. The Mist was gone. By the time they were halfway to Lindbulm, it was getting dark, so they landed, then settled down for the night. Before they went to bed, Kuja turned to Zidane once more.

“I know, mere words can't convey this but..I'm sorry about what happened and I wish I hadn't now. Will you forgive me for what happened?”

Zidane thought about it, then said, “Yes, I forgive ya. Just..don't try anything stupid again, okay?”

Kuja nodded gladly, then they all went to bed.

They woke up the next morning to find Kuja dead. He'd died in his sleep. Zidane was a little shocked, but realized that Kuja must of known this was coming.

They piled up some dead branches, carefully placed Kuja's body on it, then Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie solemnly cast the Fire spell on the wood. Zidane bowed his head sadly.

Kuja...I hope everyone else can forgive you for the horrible things you did. Maybe..maybe if things were different, we could have been friends and not enemies. Maybe..maybe someday people will understand. As the fire finished cremating what was left of Kuja, and then went out, they all boarded the airship and headed to Lindbulm.

It didn't take long for Zidane to find Baku and explain things. Baku had a grand idea; The theater ship had been retrofitted with a steam engine, so they were going to head to Alexandria next week for a play. Zidane thought that'd be a great way to finally rejoin with Garnet, so he agreed. Tifa, Yuffie and Cloud agreed to be guards for that one. Zidane could hardly wait, though he admitted he was still sad over what happened.

At least out of that, we all can find a little happiness..I hope..
-------
Next chapter: Basically the end and Zidane and Garnet are finally reunited and the FF7 crew head home. Should be a nice one. ^^

And yes, I'll get right on that KH fic after I finish this (I'm going to be introing some charas from a FF most people go "BLEECH! DANG MMO!" at) so look forward to that!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well worth the wait to read this chapter. I'm happy Zidane was able to return to his home world. I'm sorry to see Vivi and Kuja both pass away, cause I really liked both characters. I'm happy for the brief time Zidane could have with Kuja. I'm happy to see Kuja was forgiven and could do something good before he died in his sleep. Of course, it still hurts to see the loss Zidane has to suffer for. However, I look forward to seeing him be reunited with Garnet. :)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
And here we go. End of the story. FAIR WARNING; I think I've mentioned this at least once, but this dovetails into the end of FF9. If you haven't beaten it, DO NOT PASS GO! Go buy it off steam NOW NOW NOW!

Anyway here we go.

Chapter 8

...I knew I wouldn't be in Zidane's world long, but we all decided to stay to see Zidane meet up with his girlfriend. It turned out pretty good. I did run into Steiner when I tried to come out of my hiding place, at least he wasn't mean about it.
….I'm going to miss Zidane, and I think Cloud feels the same way. But the reason I decided to do this and help Zidane get home is: Some things are worth more than a pile of materia, or a pile of treasure, and gettin' a friend home and reunited with the rest of his or her friends is priceless. I figured that out a while ago!

~~Yuffie's journal

The huge theater ship, the Prima Vista II, landed in Alexandria. The people went to see the play that Tantalus had planned; “I Want To Be Your Canary”. Some of Vivi's kids were there too; no one wanted to leave them out considering who their father was. (The eggs had hatched a while ago.)

Little did Queen Garnet know what was coming. Also no one noticed who was hiding in the rafters by the Queen's box. It was Yuffie. She'd been a curious little ninja about the whole thing.

This time, it isn't because I got bribed, she thought. This is because..I want to see the end of this story myself. Cloud and Tifa are busy making sure that no one gets rowdy or any drunks get ugly. They want this to go well..So do I. But..I want to see the look on that queen's face when she finds out that Zidane isn't dead...This is really going to be good, I just know it!

The play was pretty good. Only the three that had come from Vida..and Tantalus themselves..knew the truth. “Marcus” was really Zidane in disguise, with his tail well hidden under a robe, to avoid anyone noticing that.

Then the scene began that Yuffie really grinned at.

Cinna went, “Hark, Marcus! They cannot wait any longer!”

“Marcus” then said, “Could she of betrayed me? Nay, ne'er would my love speak false. I must have faith! She shall appear if I only believe! As the sun lends me no ear, I pray instead to the twin moons! I beseech thee, wondrous moonlight, grant me my only wish!”

Here it comes… Yuffie thought. She grinned even wider, knowing exactly what was coming.

“Marcus” threw off the robe, revealing it was really Zidane. Zidane faced Garnet at her seat. He then cried, “Bring my beloved Dagger to me!”

Queen Garnet looked on in shock for a bit, then ran for the door. It took her a bit to get out the door (Steiner and Beatrix were in the way). She ran down though the audience, dropping her pendant along the way and not going back for it; it didn't take her long to reach Zidane. They embraced, with the crowd all cheering.

Yuffie then nodded. Good for you, Zidane!, she thought. Went off without a hitch. Well, I'd better get down and go check around for the usual..I hope Cloud and Tifa aren't mad at me for skipping out when things started to get good…tho this'll be the last time we do this, we're going home after this...

She jumped down from the rafters. Unfortunately, Steiner noticed the noise and stuck his head out the door.

“Who goes there?!” he cried out.

Yuffie toed the floor. “Um, one of the bouncers. Was being a bit naughty and skipping work to see that.”

Steiner smiled. “Well, I hope your boss isn't going to punish you. Get a move on; I won't try to find him.”

Yuffie nodded and ran off.

After all the hurly-burly was over, they met Zidane in the palace as they'd planned. What they didn't plan was Garnet followed him.

Garnet was surprised to see who was waiting. “Um, who are you guys?”

The gang introduced themselves, then Cloud said, “Sorry ma'am. It's...a long story but we'll have to be going soon...I'm just glad everything's okay now.” Zidane knew why; Alanna was waiting, and they'd be to the Ice Cave to ask the Guardian to send them home.

“Is there time for you guys to explain how this happened?”

Cloud sighed. “I think so..” and went carefully into the story. Tifa also spoke up twice; Yuffie once. Garnet was quite surprised.
“I guess it was lucky that happened...”
Cloud nodded. “Who knows...” Just then, Alanna came in the room.

“Been lookin' all over for ya! Didn't 'cha guys have ta go?”

Cloud nodded again, and said. “Sorry, Your Highness. I'd like to stay and chat longer, but I don't want to leave our friend waiting too long.” Zidane knew the real reason though. Cloud didn't want to mess with Amarant, tho Amarant had mellowed out quite a bit (Cloud didn't know that), so he wanted to scat before Amarant came to say hello.

Everyone waved, then ran off. Good luck you guys, Zidane thought. I don't know if I'll see you guys again but, I'm glad it happened.

---------------

Finally! Anyway I'm working on a well, KH fic (Tech a FFXI/KH crossover, but I don't ever say that b/c Kingdom Hearts is a crossover to begin with) called Distant Worlds. Wait for it!

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Twas a great ending for Zidane and Garnet. I'm slightly surprised this was a whole lot shorter, but figured that'd be about right. Yuffie was right about not missing out on such a touching reunion between the two. I don't think there's much else to be said, except that I was happy to read along with you, maryadavies, and I look forward to your KH story coming out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back