• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there any information on the movement controls for this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
Recently I gave Honkai: Star Rail a try, but unfortunately I was unable to get far in it because I found the movement controls to be completely unintuitive, as if they were designed with a gaming controller in mind instead of a touchscreen despite only being available on smartphones.

For all its flaws I NEVER got that sort of feeling from KHUX. I had no difficulty at all moving my character where I wanted them to go. But I know that that kind of thing can be easier in 2D than in 3D.

So has there been any information for how the controls in Missing-Link will work? I know that there was a beta test, but did it cover that portion of the game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"You can select between GPS movement or Pad movement depending on your playstyle
  • GPS movement
    • The character moves when the player walks
    • AP can be obtained in battles, etc.
    • Battles can be automated in "handsfree mode"
  • Pad movement
    • Moving characters with a virtual pad"

The virtual pad should work like when using remote play on a mobile device, where there's a little transparent icon in the bottom left that's the analogue stick for the character and you push buttons on the right hand side to attack.

I think all videos that leaked from the prototype test earlier in the year have been scrubbed but IIRC they were using the pad movement.

Zackarix

Awards
there's a little transparent icon in the bottom left that's the analogue stick for the character and you push buttons on the right hand side to attack.
Sounds like the movement controls that turned me off of HSR. So I guess I have to choose between that and (shudder) going outside. Maybe the GPS movement will be an interesting enough gimmick to at least be worth trying?

Thanks for the info!

Back