• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there another motive behind ten Guardians of Light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightcrest

Hey there,

The name's Brightcrest, kind of new here on the site, but a long-time KH Theorizer with some kind of odd-yet-plausible ideas.

My main question right now, is there a reason that there are (at this moment) ten possible guardians of light?

1.Sora
2.Riku
3.Mickey
4.Lea
5.Aqua
6.Ventus
7.Kairi
8.Terra (possible)
9.Roxas (possible)
10.Xion (possible)

I have several theories for why this may be, all stemming from the idea that literally *nothing* happens in KH for no reason. <refer to the meanings of each characters names, anagrams etc...>

We now know that Xehanort's goal has always been (and always will be) to start another Keyblade War. By using Kingdom Hearts, in conjunction with the X-blade to provide an incentive for Keyblade wielders to come out of the woodwork, and fight for the light, or darkness within Kingdom Hearts.

We also know that the X-blade, when originally destroyed, was fractured into 20 pieces. 7 of light, and 13 of darkness, and that Xehanort now intends to use either the princesses of light, or the guardians of light to forge the X-blade.

So we now know that Xehanort's plan is to forge the X-blade with the GoL, and the SoD's.
And so, by using deductive reasoning, we should first look at Xehanorts previous attempt to see how this will play out.

He tried to use Ven to forge the Keyblade by melding him with Vanitas, this failed when Aqua, in conjunction with Ven, stopped him. However, note one thing: when Ven and Vantitas forged the X-blade, they melded together to create one being, Venitas, who was Aqua's final boss. So, when forging the key blade in KH3 will the GoL, and the SoD's meld in much the same way? Becoming one Being, much like how Ven and Vani melded in BBS?

And remember, everything in this series is significant for some reason.
Basic math indicates that 10 ( possible GoLs) - 7 (Needed GoLs) = 3 (leftover GoLs)
NOTE THE LEFTOVER THREE!!!
Three has *always* been a key number in the franchise, each group of friends come in trios. Your party, if in KH1 or KH2 is a group of three.
KH3's trailer showed Donald and Goofy as part of your party, indicating the classic group of three party system.

And so the question becomes this: is the real reason that Square has a surplus of GoLs really because they intend to have them be the final party of three that face the melded X-blade wielder in the final battle?

It would possibly play out similarly to the way KH2 ended, similar to how Riku became a part of your party temporarily, just this time with two GoLs... Aqua and Riku? :)
Most likely this Trio will be Sora Riku and Kairi, mostly for nostalgia's sake.

Any thoughts?
Who would you have in your dream trio?

Thanks for reading!
-Brightcrest-

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Because we don't know what it is exactly that constitutes a GoL, we can't label who the exact seven will be for sure. Even then, there's nothing notable that says that any "leftovers" hold some sort of significance. 3 may be a magic number gameplay-wise, but it doesn't have any symbolic meaning to the series' lore, such as numbers 6, 7, and 13.

Brightcrest

I see your point.

Although, since Xehanort mentions an "epic clash" to forge the X-blade in KH3D, I'm assuming there will be some sort of battle similar to BBS...
Plus, since all of the Keyblade wielders have some sort of bone to pick with Xehanort, I couldn't see any of them sitting out of the final battle, that's why I labeled them all GoLs...
As for the number three, I just thought that since this was the series third major installment, and since the series pays such careful attention to detail, there might be some sort of correlation.
Either way, I'm just looking forward to finding out what happens... :)

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Although, since Xehanort mentions an "epic clash" to forge the X-blade in KH3D, I'm assuming there will be some sort of battle similar to BBS...

When I first saw the BBS trailer in KH2FM+, I thought that was a giant clusterf***. Needless to say, I'm both curious and scared to see how a 7 vs. 13 battle is going to play out.

Mavxo

Awards
I really, really don't think Kairi (or Lea) will be a gol, while they will come into their own as wielders I don't think they will be strong enough yet. I've always thought of it as

1) Sora
2) Riku
3) Mickey
4) Aqua
5) Ven
6) Roxas
7) Terra possibly?

I always had this theory Terra would be saved AFTER the final showdown in the ending but he's more then likely going to be a light, I don't think anyone hates Master Xehanort more then Terra

Gram

Banned
Awards
Decent theory but I just dont see 20 wielders merging into one person, for all we know the pieces may simply need to be present during the battle for them to reform on their own. Afterall the Vanitas-Ventus method WAS a forced one, who's to say that's how the actual thing goes down?

Though going along with your theory I could see them pulling something like all the darkness' merging into one xehanort and all the lights shards gathering into one wielder then the one xehanort and the holder of all the light shards clash and replicate the ven-van method.
After all Mx didn't mention at the end of DDD that the "neither the union of light nor dark was achieved..." right before they all faded off.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I assume that the final battle won't be exclusive to GoL only, e.g. Donald and Goofy will at the very least be there. Vanitas and Ven's situation was unique to say the least. I curious as to how the X-blade will be formed as well but I somehow doubt all 20 participants will merge into some huminculi like abomination...which might be cool but as mentioned prior, it might just pop into existence either due to everyone's presence or after the skirmish starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back