• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Proud mode easier?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Weird Dood

When I first played KH2 and had to fight Xaldin, I was on Normal difficulty, and it took me about 7 tries to beat him! However, I recently replayed the game on Proud mode, and beat him in 1 try, without Mickey! Has anyone else had an experience like this, or was I just lucky?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
You're not the only one, I found Proud mode all too easy... I don't think the enemies are actually meant to be stronger in it thought

LiD

>.> it could be the fact that the first 7 times you fought him u gained a stradigy that you didn't notice
so on the proud mode you used that same unnoticed stradigy

i can be xaldin the first try now on proud but the first time i beat him it took a while

turin

neither mode is that challenging, truthfully. I found KH1 to be more challenging. Especially if you were low levels for certain bosses. Not saying KHII isn't challenging there are a few challenging area's I guess, but there is no part in the game that is supper hard. Unless you are fighting sephiroth and your a low level, or have not leveled up your drive forms enough.

AppleFreak

err... some of you must be realized, the number of ability in normal and proud was different.

in KHFM critical mode make you easier to kill and killed, from the start you obtained scan and bonus combo.

and i agree with turin, KH1 more difficult than KH2

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Yeah I had no problems beating it. In fact I beat in less time than I did on Normalr mode.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Normal mode, in a way, was harder for me than Proud mode simply because the enemies died faster. That really left me disoriented :\
KH2 Proud mode = KH1 normal mode, even somewhat easier.
I think that by how better the gameplay flows in Proud mode imo, along with what people said that you knew better what to do and was better at the game, it ended up with an 'easier' boss.

Pink Oni

Proud Mode isn't that bad. As many people said before, KH1 was definitely more difficult. =) I loved KH1, even though others had camera issues. I like the whole system more than KH2's, but KH2 is more shiny and more interactive (in the sense that you aren't bashing X most of the time, but you can still do that and beat the game).

Pink Oni

Hehe, considering that I try to win every battle I encounter, I probably don't get the full fix of KH2 in boss battles :toungesmile:

sora_is_sic

When I first played KH2 and had to fight Xaldin, I was on Normal difficulty, and it took me about 7 tries to beat him! However, I recently replayed the game on Proud mode, and beat him in 1 try, without Mickey! Has anyone else had an experience like this, or was I just lucky?

dude proud mode was to easy. i remember it taking me for ever to beat sephiroth in normal mode. But i wiped the floor with him in proud mode and i was like 15 levels lower. So id assume proud mode is easier.

phishious

well i reckon you just already knew how to defeat him so that probs helped a bit. but yeh i didnt think proud mode was a challenge. i just played it so i could watch the new trailer at the end without bothering with the journal in normal mode.

lol i reckon having to do jiminys journal would have been harder. baha. im lazy

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Ehh.. I don't think it's easier. The first time, it took me three or four tries to beat Xaldin and it only took me two last time, with no Mickey Help. (I gave up the first time because I wanted to go the full battle with Sora.) Also, it could be because you leveled up differently from last time. I think on the recnt time I fought him, I was around five to six levels stronger. It also took me less tries to beat Sephiroth (once or twice.. instead of.. like fourty tries (Yes.. I sucked..)) and Xigbar (mainly because I relearned my lesson about transforming against him quicker.. XD)..

Macabre

Gold Member

That's because you gained experience and knew the strategies to beat him on Proud Mode, from playing the boss battle on the Normal Mode.

Now, to answer your question, no.
It depends actually.

Proud mode is easy for those who've beaten the game on Easy or Normal Mode and learned the strategies and tactics to beating the bosses and enemies.

I felt that my playthrough the game on Proud Mode was easier.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Meh.. I had a fairly easy time playing through to, but that was mainly because I beat KH1 four times. (on Normal though) When I first got KH2 and started a game on Proud Mode, I felt that since I got a fair amount of experince from beating KH1 multiple times, I should play it instead of Normal, let alone Beginner. From my first experience, despite dying on a fair amount of the bosses at least 2-3 times and even dying from a few heartless battles, (The Toy Soldiers/ Graveyards/ Crimson Jazz killed me in most of those times that Heartless killed me.) KH2 Proud mode felt easier to me than my first playthrough of KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back