• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 2.5 HD ReMIX confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Is Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX confirmed? I mean I know they showed at the end of KH 1.5. HD ReMIX some scenes from Birth By Sleep, Re Coded, and KH 2 but otherwise is it confirmed? or just are we assuming it's coming out because of the scenes at the end of KH 1.5 HD ReMIX?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX confirmed? I mean I know they showed at the end of KH 1.5. HD ReMIX some scenes from Birth By Sleep, Re Coded, and KH 2 but otherwise is it confirmed? or just are we assuming it's coming out because of the scenes at the end of KH 1.5 HD ReMIX?

Nomura has said multiple times that it would be "unnatural" not to make 2.5. With the credits in 1.5, it's all but officially announced at this point, not that we need it to be.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Oh alright :) cool! I can't wait for it to be officially announced and shown, probably at TGS this year.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh alright :) cool! I can't wait for it to be officially announced and shown, probably at TGS this year.

Might be before that. In the description for Japan Expo happening July 4-7th, they have a big presentation for HD 1.5 on July 6th. And they said "other surprises await you as well".

Now, seeing as 1.5 has already been out in Japan for several months and this event is taking place there, I think it's quite possible that they could reveal it there. TGS is the most likely place for them to unveil it, but Nomura said that they'll be talking about KH3 at TGS, so I'm not sure if that means they'll be announcing 2.5 before then or not.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Might be before that. In the description for Japan Expo happening July 4-7th, they have a big presentation for HD 1.5 on July 6th. And they said "other surprises await you as well".

Now, seeing as 1.5 has already been out in Japan for several months and this event is taking place there, I think it's quite possible that they could reveal it there. TGS is the most likely place for them to unveil it, but Nomura said that they'll be talking about KH3 at TGS, so I'm not sure if that means they'll be announcing 2.5 before then or not.

Japan Expo is in France. :p
But on topic it hasn't been officially confirmed but I would imagine it will be at one of the big events left this year.

State

Awards
Nomura has said multiple times that it would be "unnatural" not to make 2.5. With the credits in 1.5, it's all but officially announced at this point, not that we need it to be.

I bet that, after he said that it would be unnatural, he accompanied it with a classic *laugh*, no?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Japan Expo is in France. :p
But on topic it hasn't been officially confirmed but I would imagine it will be at one of the big events left this year.

Well, poop. That means it almost definitely won't be there then. No Kingdom Hearts game has ever been unveiled for the first time outside of Japan... except KH3.

Santiago

Well, poop. That means it almost definitely won't be there then. No Kingdom Hearts game has ever been unveiled for the first time outside of Japan... except KH3.
Maybe the announcement of KH3 in America is a sign that the trend has changed?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Maybe the announcement of KH3 in America is a sign that the trend has changed?

No, I think that was just to shut up all the ungrateful morons who wouldn't play any Kingdom Hearts game without a number attached to the end of the title. Before it was announced, whenever the KH facebook would post anything, the comments would always be like "We don't don't care. We want KH3."

That and the announcement of KH3 and FFXV back to back kind of launched the PS4 into interstellar levels of epic at E3.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
No, I think that was just to shut up all the ungrateful morons who wouldn't play any Kingdom Hearts game without a number attached to the end of the title. Before it was announced, whenever the KH facebook would post anything, the comments would always be like "We don't don't care. We want KH3."

That and the announcement of KH3 and FFXV back to back kind of launched the PS4 into interstellar levels of epic at E3.
These are the people Nomura shouldn't even bother catering to. He should look to the fans who have supported him and his series for the past decade and figure out what we want.

Santiago

They succeeded in silencing them for a good twenty-four hours. Then SE announced it would be for the X1 as well. Now all the comments are "Why does the Xbox One have KH3?! They don't deserve it!!"

I'm just trying to stay positive that maybe the trend has died, and SE might announce KH2.5 at Japan Expo.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

DDD was announced alongside Nintendo's unveiling the 3DS at E3 2010
E3 2010: Kingdom Hearts 3D First Look - IGN

And the remake of Coded was hinted at to be revealed at the same E3.
Wikipedia said:
...until Re:coded, among other titles, was presented at E3 2010.
Kingdom Hearts coded - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SQUARE ENIX BRINGS AN UNRIVALED LINEUP OF FRANCHISES TO E3 2010 | SQUARE ENIX

Pestilence

Awards

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
These are the people Nomura shouldn't even bother catering to. He should look to the fans who have supported him and his series for the past decade and figure out what we want.

Unfortunately, he needs to cater to the masses. Heck, he's even bowing down to them, saying main titles like BBS and DDD are spin-offs, when he himself said they were considered as main games when they came out. Sigh...

Sorarocks93

Awards
Unfortunately, he needs to cater to the masses. Heck, he's even bowing down to them, saying main titles like BBS and DDD are spin-offs, when he himself said they were considered as main games when they came out. Sigh...

Wait, did he really say that? Damn, this is bad. Whatever, I'll keep telling everyone that all the KH games are important and that they need to play them all in order to understand anything.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I think the reason he calls them "spin-offs" is:

A) Fans refer to them as such, so he also does so just because it's easier to refer to them that way if it's a common term among the fanbase
B) I think he means "side-story" when he says it, because that's what he originally referred to them as. But even that is incorrect, because they still all take place in the same timeline of events.

I guess he just says it because the first three handheld games didn't revolve around Sora, so they were "spin-offs". But there's absolutely no reason at all to call DDD a spin-off. It's the equivalent of KH3 seeing as it literally picks up from the ending of KH2 with Mickey's letter and is a direct sequel to that game (and Blank Points and Signs of What's To Come of course).

Santiago

I was under the impression that he called them "spin-offs" in interviews because of his translator, not because he was actually calling them that.

TheKelsblade

Wait, did he really say that? Damn, this is bad. Whatever, I'll keep telling everyone that all the KH games are important and that they need to play them all in order to understand anything.

Much agreed. I played KH & KH2 before all the others and thought I understood things. As soon as I picked up COM and 358/2, I learned so so so much more. Had to get the rest of them after that, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back