• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is It Just Me? Or Is Sora A Jerk To His Parents?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

agentscamp5

I noticed that Sora never even once says anything about his mom or dad, and we know he had one becuase we heard his mom in the begining? HOW CAN HE BE SO THOUGHTLESS!!

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
well, for one thing, he never heard his mom calling up to him from downstairs. he was already out the window and in his boat on the way to destiny islands.

but it is a good question...but parents i guess aren't really pivotal to the plot.

OniJager

GFX Artist
it is also true that riku TOLD him they might never see their parenst again

but there is one way to resolve anythin :p

blame it on da plotholes :p

OniJager

GFX Artist
they only put that in to make it realistic..i mean of there was like this group of kids alone on an island...

AHeartless

I've been thinking that too. I think for a person like Sora parents are very important. But he doesn't even wonder is he going to see them again. He is focused only to his teenage crush Kairi and gay friend Riku. He really doesn't care about them, although they gave him clothes and a home. Probably he doesn't care about them because he got those yellow clown shoes from them, hm? :)

OniJager

GFX Artist
i think SE didn't really think we would care, plus we forget about them like straight away when we go through those dramatic scenes

Sora-Nuva

If you would were to put yourself in his shoes, a short kid who wields a giant key fighting living shadows with a duck and a......thing, and the only thing on your mind is your childhood sweeheart and your bestfriend, would you really stop to think about your parents.

*Wait a minute, who said Riku was gay?!*

KeybladeShadow88

I'll tell you all why sora didn't say anthing about his parents, it's because Disney HATES parents, there are only 3 disney movies in which both parents are present and/or dont die in the makeing
1. peter pan (wendys parents)
2. mulan
3. 101 dalmations
so if he's a disney character he probably doesn't care to much about his parents ( although I know that riku mentions his at the begining )

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD it's a game. your getting a little too much into it.

How come spongebob doesn't get punished for his antics?

Do the Griffons realize they have a talking dog?

When the hell does Mario go to work if hes always saving Peech?

The answer? It doesnt matter. :p

adventchildkiori

I notice in alot of video games the kids dont have parnets, I guess it would kinda destroy the plotline of a video game if the creator had to go through the process of adding on the parnets role and how it would effect the game.

Chaos_Riku

The story is mainly about friendship, if the parents were brought in, then it would pull away from the main plot. There is the slight idea that, Sora might have understood there was no saving his parents, but his friends he COULD do something about and went with it. Also, he was so thrust into the thick of things, it's hard to think of your parents. Last, it would meen they died. Yes, died. Disney doesnt have much liking towards death here people, why do yoiu think ansem keaps creaping back? lol.

agentscamp5

Chaos Riku, your telling me DISNEY ISN"T LETTING TOO MUCH DETH IN THE GAME!!!! HELLOO, THE HEARTLESS DIE, SOME OF THE BOSSES DIE, DONT YOU DARE SAY THEY WONT LET DEATH IN THEIR!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Above poster: Disney does not wants alot of death in their game. They ussually want ONLY bad guys to die. Disney said though themselves. -.-' Rarely you see a good guy die, unless it is for the Main Charecters plot purposes. (ie; simbas dad dyeing)

Playcell

weird huh?
when Sora's life gauge is empty he dies.
but when Goofy or Donald's life gauges are empty then just remain unconcius for a while and then they start fighting again!!!!!!! and all the other pary members do the same thing!!!

is Sora too weak or his party members are very tough..?
LOL

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD Basically because if all the charecters were like Donald and goofy, then battles would be so much easiar. And they wouldn't want an odd death scene with donald or goody would they? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back