• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Intellectual and Physical Love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
people don't consider it more admirable to date someone with awesome looks but a dumb personality, if anything the society we live in considers it more admirable (harder) to date someone who's ugly but has an awesome personality, cause one will get persicution from god knows how many people who wonder why your dating such an unattractive person....they believe it to be because of pity, but if its for love (inner-beauty) then its whatthat person feels. To set aside looks, what other people say about one's significant other and date them anyway, cause of they're intellect is the more admirale thing to do in our society...

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Since when is what people think right? People also think it's cool to drink and smoke. I'm saying it'd be more admirable to try to hold a conversation with someone who barely can.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
not really, cause nothing but annoyance and aggreivation is going to occur....if you can't hold a conversation with a person, then there really is no communication or relationship....unless your willing to have a relationship based purely on body language

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You misunderstood me. If you manage to hold a conversation with someone who isn't big on them, isn't what you did admirable?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
There is *some* depth, yeah, just like nobody is incredibly out-of-this-world horribly ugly.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Isn't preferring intellect shallow as well? People are born with intellectual capacity, just like they are born with looks.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
yes they are born with intellect capacity but the question is will they use it to the full extent in which it can be allowed to grow. Sadly with most people who have awesome looks (not all but alot) are extremely ditzy and have can't even figure out how to change a light bulb

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
And people with looks can either take care of those looks or not, just like people with a high intellectual capacity can choose to expand it or not. I still don't see how liking one is more shallow than liking the other.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
*What* are you talking about? I said I never been in the situation where I am attracted to an ugly girl. Do I need to be in Spain to talk about Spanish culture? No.

Regardless, that doesn't answer the question, and the question has nothing to do with personal experience. How is one more shallower than the other?

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
Like I said I can explain to you everything about the situation but if you haven't experienced it for yourself, then you can't fully grasp the ideal. Like you said its like not ever going Spain but understanding the culture, but then too just cause you know the culture doesn't mean you can fully grasp the ideals of said culture, cause you've never experienced and or live in such surroundings.

If you see it they way you do than it is shallow...both sides of the field are shallow. To enjoy one without the other, with you logic is shallow. But for me it goes back to chemistry, and for some what is ugly to one is beautiful to another and what is lack of intelligence to one is intellect to another. It just depends on the person...there is no absolute answer

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Like you said its like not ever going Spain but understanding the culture, but then too just cause you know the culture doesn't mean you can fully grasp the ideals of said culture, cause you've never experienced and or live in such surroundings.

*buzzer* Wrong. Many people understand the culture and ideals of Ancient Greece.

If you see it they way you do than it is shallow...both sides of the field are shallow. To enjoy one without the other, with you logic is shallow. But for me it goes back to chemistry, and for some what is ugly to one is beautiful to another and what is lack of intelligence to one is intellect to another. It just depends on the person...there is no absolute answer

Exactly. Meaning liking someone because of their personality is not better than liking someone because of their looks.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
I didn't say it was I said society thinks it is, but society doesn't know how a person's emotions work or what a person looks for in said significant other.

And yeah we've studied Ancient Greece, we have an idea of how it was like to live in Ancient Greece during those times. But the truth of the matter is although we have an idea of what happened and how things worked, we weren't there to experience life in Ancient Greece for ourselfs......he have know idea ourselfs how it feels to work and survive during those times.....Just like I could have cancer and you may have read up on cancer and what it does to the body and the pain it causes, but you haven't experienced the extent of that pain first hand, you don't know how it feels, how it effects you mentally and physically in your own body. Its the same way with me being black and you being not(i'm assuming your not), you could have seen what happens you could have read up on how black people are viewed and looked at by other races, you can be sympathetic but you will never understand how it feels to be treated as such, cause you wouldn't be black and you don't know how it feels, like i said your sympathetic but not empathetic....So you can't make a judgment if you're only basing it on ideas (reports) not everything in this world can be explained through some sort of explaination, most things like love have to be experienced to be understood.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You don't know, but people who have spent years of study understand them very well. You don't need to experience something to understand it.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
Do you think you could understand what it means to be black....what it feels like to have cancer...yo may have an idea you may have studied it for years. But you don't know how it feels...I could have studied what its like to give birth for many years and say its like pushing football through your penis. But since I'm a guy I will never know what its actually like to have a baby. Scientific study doesn't make one truely understand something to understand it is to experience it.... you can say what you will but it doesn't matter you can't fully comprehind said ideal unless you've experienced it....

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
So? A psychologist doesn't experience each and every problem, but that doesn't mean he can't solve them.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
He may think he can solve them, but he hasn't experienced what they're going through...he can offer insight that his studies over the many years in his practice have allowed him to learn, but he can't truely know how said person is feeling. He may have some sort of idea...he may have a shread of an idea, cause one may have experienced a taste of the patients pain, being emotional or physical. Just like me I help people with there problems, I may not have experienced everything they've gone through, but most of it I have, and for the stuff I haven't I rationalize said problem and come up with the best solution, most of the time my solutions work.....Do I know how to help them (for the most part) but I don't know how they're feeling and what the pain is doing to them. You can't know everything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back