• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Input needed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Okay so my girlfriend got me a DSi for Christmas this past Thanksgiving (i'll be out of the country come Xmas time so thats why she did it early) with two games, New Super Mario Bros. and 358/2 Days.

I dislike the idea both sequels (this and BBS), so I never intended of ever playing this game but I figured I might as well since I got for free and the only other game I almost have beat.

Im around Day 70something, I forget, and so far its basically what I expected it to be: mediocre. But hey, I'll still give it a chance and go through it.

My question is, does it get "better"? The story is pretty damn borefest, characters have no emotion whatsoever, gameplay mechanics couldve been better (lockin-on, camera, etc). Does it get to a point where it makes go, "oh cool" or "thats nice" or just something that at least gives a satisfaction from playing it?

State

Awards
It get's a bit more funny in some occasions and adorable. There're some moments with very few tension and very small cliffhangers. There is, an unexpected turn ending the game.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
My question is, does it get "better"? The story is pretty damn borefest, characters have no emotion whatsoever, gameplay mechanics couldve been better (lockin-on, camera, etc). Does it get to a point where it makes go, "oh cool" or "thats nice" or just something that at least gives a satisfaction from playing it?
Nobodies can't feel, that's why they have no emotion.

robertexe

you'll see more emotions, story will improve, in terms of gameplay you can use different gears which change your combos, using magic helps, and yes the ending will be a turning point(unless you already played KH2)

H

Haxon

It gets better around day 150...
Thats when
Nah im not gonna spoil it. Keep on playing and see for yourself. :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The story moves pretty slowly, so it'll take a while until something interesting actually happens.

Nobodies lack hearts, so they cannot feel, therefore they have no emotion.

Technically, BBS is a prequel in terms of storyline. You're the first person I know of who isn't looking forward to BBS.

Beyer

For me, it got really good at about Day 255, which is probably why they had the first day as day 255 (and then went back to day 7)

Yeah, i stopped playing for a week at about day 70-100, it gets a lot better later.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Okay so my girlfriend got me a DSi for Christmas this past Thanksgiving (i'll be out of the country come Xmas time so thats why she did it early) with two games, New Super Mario Bros. and 358/2 Days.

I dislike the idea both sequels (this and BBS), so I never intended of ever playing this game but I figured I might as well since I got for free and the only other game I almost have beat.

Im around Day 70something, I forget, and so far its basically what I expected it to be: mediocre. But hey, I'll still give it a chance and go through it.

wel 358/2 days is not a sequel neither is BBS

it gets better when you give it a chance and know a little mroe about it because it sounds like you dont.

Key of Valor

The Professor
KH'Days has consistently good gameplay. With all the accessories and panels that become available later in the game, it becomes even more fun.

However, when it comes to the story, prepare for disappointment. The beginning of the game is the best part for story and it really doesn't get much better from there. Good moments in the story are rare in my opinion. In fact, I'd barely call it a story at all. It's more like a history of events, and I've seen text books more exciting that the KH'Days storyline.

It's the mysteries of the game that keep the story interesting. Not the mysteries that they reveal at the end of the game, but rather the mysteries of things that weren't ever explained but instead implied. Certainly, emotion for the main character becomes no longer an issue, especially towards the end. It poses the question to why that is.

Obsolete Critic

Because this is my first post on this forum, the first thing I will say is, Hello I am Obsolete Critic, not Obsolete because I own the latest systems (I do because my Xbox died frequently,and I hated to always replace it, the Wii is fun), but rather, I don't necessarily own the latest games or DLC.

My take on 358/2 days (after playing for thirty minutes and watching the rest of the cutscenes on the internet), believe me when I say it, but I really like Kingdom Hearts, a lot. KH1 was my very first PS2 game, and for PS2 it is one of my favorites of all time.
I didn't like KH2 as much due to both an underdeveloped plot (it had a beginning, a middle, and an end...Literally) and it was too easy (we all know it was fanboys). The biggest reason why I felt I was disappointed with it, was that I had this expectation that it would be amazing, and it wasn't, chain of memories set everything up, and chain of memories was a damn good GBA game in its own right. When I got the finished product in my hand, I was ultimately dissapointed, The english dub kinda felt a bit off, Kairi sounded more like a whining corny teenager, not to mention they changed the voice for Ansem (I do accept the fact that Haley Joel Osment grew older). That whole bit about Organization XIII felt really weak, it felt underdeveloped, and the Final Boss was a joke, he was too easy. I could go on and on about how KH2 was a dissapointment.
Making a game out of the most underdeveloped part of the KH franchise is a good idea right? To Days credit, the story is actually somewhat interesting, and gives some backstory on the KH franchise. However, you need to have played the previous games to even understand what is going on, it doesn't do a good job of welcoming newcomers to the franchise. At the end, the ending is exactly as you (the hardcore fan), would expect it. I would have rather had a story that asked the 'what if' you beat Riku, and challenged the Organization, even if it wasn't in the continuity, it would have been interesting. I mean, Sora could do it, and very easily at that, why do they repeat that Roxas can't, it kind of bugs me. The story, to me, felt more like a teaser to Birth by Sleep that anything else..
To be honest, I haven't played through the entire game, just the first thirty minutes, I have seen all teh story though. What really annoyed me was that all the worlds were recycled from KH2, and they don't look as good. The graphics, are irratible to look at, I am not against 2-D sprites, and I really loved the 2-D sprites from COM, so why don't they use them here. Sure, there are PS2 level cutscenes, but if you look closely (I have watched them all), most of them were recycled from Final Mix and KH2. The 3-D ingame models look ugly, and while it is better than most stuff on the DS, it would have been nice to see something that doesn't have so many jagged edges.
I didn't like the gameplay, I found it to be incredibly boring, simplified, and recycled. It just felt like I played this game before, and that this was some kind of simplified clone. I didn't like it, that's why I played for thirty minutes, that's why I returned it to Blockbuster, and that's why I watched the rest of the story on the internet. I think that 358 Days over 2 is the weakest game in the franchise, out of all the ones I have played (KH1+2+COM) it will be enjoyable to fans of the series (besides me), it isn't a bad game, it just isn't good enough to keep my interest for more than thirty minutes of my time.

αsiя

space coke
Because this is my first post on this forum, the first thing I will say is, Hello I am Obsolete Critic, not Obsolete because I own the latest systems (I do because my Xbox died frequently,and I hated to always replace it, the Wii is fun), but rather, I don't necessarily own the latest games or DLC.

My take on 358/2 days (after playing for thirty minutes and watching the rest of the cutscenes on the internet), believe me when I say it, but I really like Kingdom Hearts, a lot. KH1 was my very first PS2 game, and for PS2 it is one of my favorites of all time.
I didn't like KH2 as much due to both an underdeveloped plot (it had a beginning, a middle, and an end...Literally) and it was too easy (we all know it was fanboys). The biggest reason why I felt I was disappointed with it, was that I had this expectation that it would be amazing, and it wasn't, chain of memories set everything up, and chain of memories was a damn good GBA game in its own right. When I got the finished product in my hand, I was ultimately dissapointed, The english dub kinda felt a bit off, Kairi sounded more like a whining corny teenager, not to mention they changed the voice for Ansem (I do accept the fact that Haley Joel Osment grew older). That whole bit about Organization XIII felt really weak, it felt underdeveloped, and the Final Boss was a joke, he was too easy. I could go on and on about how KH2 was a dissapointment.
Making a game out of the most underdeveloped part of the KH franchise is a good idea right? To Days credit, the story is actually somewhat interesting, and gives some backstory on the KH franchise. However, you need to have played the previous games to even understand what is going on, it doesn't do a good job of welcoming newcomers to the franchise. At the end, the ending is exactly as you (the hardcore fan), would expect it. I would have rather had a story that asked the 'what if' you beat Riku, and challenged the Organization, even if it wasn't in the continuity, it would have been interesting. I mean, Sora could do it, and very easily at that, why do they repeat that Roxas can't, it kind of bugs me. The story, to me, felt more like a teaser to Birth by Sleep that anything else..
To be honest, I haven't played through the entire game, just the first thirty minutes, I have seen all teh story though. What really annoyed me was that all the worlds were recycled from KH2, and they don't look as good. The graphics, are irratible to look at, I am not against 2-D sprites, and I really loved the 2-D sprites from COM, so why don't they use them here. Sure, there are PS2 level cutscenes, but if you look closely (I have watched them all), most of them were recycled from Final Mix and KH2. The 3-D ingame models look ugly, and while it is better than most stuff on the DS, it would have been nice to see something that doesn't have so many jagged edges.
I didn't like the gameplay, I found it to be incredibly boring, simplified, and recycled. It just felt like I played this game before, and that this was some kind of simplified clone. I didn't like it, that's why I played for thirty minutes, that's why I returned it to Blockbuster, and that's why I watched the rest of the story on the internet. I think that 358 Days over 2 is the weakest game in the franchise, out of all the ones I have played (KH1+2+COM) it will be enjoyable to fans of the series (besides me), it isn't a bad game, it just isn't good enough to keep my interest for more than thirty minutes of my time.

Daaame
I know you're new but you dont have to write a whole paragraph
I didnt read it all

My answer to the OP question
Days was pretty boring
It started to get interting at around Day 255
but I know that BBS wont be boring IMO

Izayoi

galactic cancer
If you're touchy and get attached to the characters enough, you'll cry. There.

BBS has got to be the most anticipated thing ever how can you not like it.

Obsolete Critic

I do consider BBS to be the next major installment for the franchise. It kind of has been advertised as a KH3, because everything seems to be connected to it, and it has been in the pipeline for a while. I do want it a lot, and the TGS 09 trailer sold me. I am just worried if the story will be as good as it seems, or if one character will be longer/better than another. The whole setup seems a lot like Sonic Adventure.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I do consider BBS to be the next major installment for the franchise. It kind of has been advertised as a KH3, because everything seems to be connected to it, and it has been in the pipeline for a while. I do want it a lot, and the TGS 09 trailer sold me. I am just worried if the story will be as good as it seems, or if one character will be longer/better than another. The whole setup seems a lot like Sonic Adventure.

each characer has 15 hours each, a totla of 50 including deck editin and retries

αsiя

space coke
each characer has 15 hours each, a totla of 50 including deck editin and retries

Shit they said 20 hours to finish Roxas's story
but it took me 40 (to finish everything)
so that means 30 hours for each character in BBS for me
90 hours of total gameplay

Allister Rose

French Lover
Shit they said 20 hours to finish Roxas's story
but it took me 40 (to finish everything)
so that means 30 hours for each character in BBS for me
90 hours of total gameplay

probably, and of course mini games so depending if your a fan of that or not, it could be more

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!

Dang you wrote alot
and yes the story and gameplay do get better and it is a nice mini plot-hole filler annd is worth your time. the bosses and scenes pick up toward the end too. challenge mode is interesting also. but your right the camera sucks

Obsolete Critic

I knew already about the length, I mean if the story will bee as important for each and every character. I know the dev team says so, but when I get my hands on it I will know for sure. I really want BBS to release in the US by May.

A

Azrael

Well if the ending doesn't get you, I wouldn't blame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back