• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

In KH3 what do you think Riku will look like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
that would be stupid for the game to be staged in the past, because technically then it wouldn't be a sequel. it doesn't advance the story any and all it would possibly do is explain stuff.

They're not called sequels, they're prequels. It is sometimes okay to have a prequel like FFVII:Crisis Core is to FFVII and FF Agito XIII is to FFXIII.

Sometimes when there is no more story left, the developers have to come up with something new but they dont want something out of the blue. So they find a base, something that happened before the original game, and use that for the next plot. But sometimes the base story would be too long so they turn it into a game(or a short film) to help explain things better so that you understand the next installment, the story that they have been working towards.

For all we know, the next KH may be the only one in the past to explain stuff for KH3.

Little_Red

betch.
I hope Riku is in the next one, and Kairi, and definetly Sora. I just hope that Kairi doesn't have a keyblade though. It doesn't seem to quite "fit her", she's too sweet.

True X Hero

Spiked hair! ^.^
Inner-Demon. I agree with you and the prequel idea. I would love to see it, it would explain a lot of...things that aren't explained. Like, how is a keyblade wielder able to summon a keyblade. Why does a person die and have a Heartless and a Nobody.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
he most likly wont even be in kh3..... sence its in the past.

Look, I'm not flaming you but I hope everyone else reads this too. Nomura did NOT say KH3 will take place in the past. He said the next KH will take place in a different timeline. The next KH will not be KH3, it will be an in between game like KH:COM. KH3 may still follow the original timeline so Riku may still be there.

Also this thread is about what you think Riku will look like IF he is in KH3.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
He NEVER said it would be an in-between game. That would be a game that takes place between two OTEHR games. And Nomura said SPECIFICALLY they wouldn't be copying COM for the next installment.

It's been stated the secret ending is in the PAST, therefore, it would seem the next game takes place BEFORE Kingdom Hearts 1. Removing Riku from the equation.

A TRUE Kingdom Hearts 3 MAY NOT ever come out. Which would CONTINUE the story of Sora and co. But if it did, I don't care what they do to Riku, can't stand him.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
He DID say it would be an in-between game. Between KH2 and KH3 just like COM was. Nomura said he wouldnt be copying the COM battle system.

Nomura said the next KH will take place in the past AND future so just because the secret ending is in the past doesnt mean the game will be.

A TRUE Kindom Hearts 3 MAY actually come out if it is an in-between game (I dont mean storyline-wise). KH3(not the next KH) might CONTINUE the story of Sora and co. And if it does, I hope Riku is in there, he's cool.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
You're an idiot. He did not say it was an in-between game. NEVER did he say that or was ever quoted saying such a thing. That's bull. He also never said the next game takes place in the past and future.

he simply said the Secret Ending was in the past, but you could think it was in the future.

No proof there for you kiddo. And with that last line he could've been implying that FANS may assume the scene is in the future. Nomura's VERY vague on what he means by that.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Nomura said about the secret movie "I would at least say it's an episode in the past, but.... Hmm, how should I say this? It's in the past but you can also think it's in the future, something like that."
http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?page=NI/KH2U
That means that the actual movie is in the past. However you can think of it as it being in the future, meaning that scene from the past will happen again in the future.

Last edited:

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
That doesn't mean that. That, again, doesn't make a lick of sense. He doesn't ANYWHERE in that quote IMPLY it happens again in the future. And that'd be poor plot. We don't even know the ORIGINAL events. The whole game being in the Past is much more logical.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Really? But then if the whole game is in the past, why would he say "but you can also think it's in the future" ? It wont make any sense at all. BTW in this specific interview, he NEVER, NOT ONCE even hinted that the game will be in the past, so its wrong to say that. He was talking about the secret movie being in the past but think its in the future.

The only thing we know about the next KH is that the game wont follow the same timeline. Like how KH:COM continued where KH left off. Same for KH2 continues where COM left off. This one wont follow that same pattern. It could be way in the past or far into the future (or both). That we dont know.

Now, the question is "In KH3, what do you think Riku will look like?" So if you believe he will be there (if you dont assume that KH3 is in the past too) what will he look like?
"Riku might not even be in KH3" doesnt really say what you think he looks like. Do you agree? I say he will look like Kadaj with cooler clothes (assuming he is in KH3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back