• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Imogen Heap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I never realized we don't have a thread for her, or maybe we do and I'm just not finding it.

Anyway, she is a Grammy-nominated artist from England, amazing work. She's best known for her single "Hide And Seek" which has been featured in numerous TV shows, most notably The OC.

Here are some examples of her music:

YouTube - Hide And Seek
YouTube - Imogen Heap * Goodnight & Go Video
YouTube - Headlock - Imogen Heap

Each of her songs seem to have a distinct sound to them. Those 3 songs are from her Sophomore album, Speak For Yourself, which came out in 2005. She has a new album due out August 24th in the UK and August 25th in NA called Ellipse. International release dates haven't been decided yet.

She's also known for being part of a short-lived duo called Frou Frou, whose most famous song is "Let Go." It was featured in the movie Garden State. Here are some Frou Frou songs:

YouTube - Frou Frou - Breathe In: MTV Version
YouTube - Must be Dreaming (Frou Frou)

So far only one song has been heard in full from Ellipse, and it's a live version of "Wait It Out."

YouTube - imogen heap - wait it out (live at pop!tech) (with lyrics) (She begins singing at 2:15)

For more information about her:

Imogen Heap | Ellipse
YouTube - imogenheap's Channel
Imogen Heap (imogenheap) on Twitter

Enjoy. =)

And before I forget, yes Galen, we know, she's "unstylish metrosexual music."

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
The song Hide and Seek is amazing.
I love her style of singing, it's so calm and graceful.

C

Colours

One of my favorite songs you got me hooked on.

"Say Goodnight And Go".

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Hide and Seek is pretty amazing, I just hate that people treat it like her only song. She's got so many other songs that are simply amazing.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Hide and Seek is pretty amazing, I just hate that people treat it like her only song. She's got so many other songs that are simply amazing.

Te tell you the truth, I did listen to about 6-7 of her other songs, but that was a couple of months ago and I forgot them.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I suggest giving them another listen, then. =)

I'm not a fan of her first album, iMegaphone (which is an anagram of her name). It doesn't have the same feel as Speak for Yourself, it's too dark and moody, and you could tell she hadn't developed her vocal style a lot yet.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I gave all her songs another listen.
I'm really digging Speeding Cars and Headlock.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I've listened to the single album that Frou Frou released, and I liked it.

I'm definitely going to be getting some of her solo work soon, so I'll report back later on about that.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I was thinking of downloading some of her albums and getting into her after being re-introduced to her through a remix of one of her songs by I Fight Dragons (an 8-bit band):

The Process (I Fight Dragons vs. Imogen Heap) | 8bc - Online Chiptune Media Sharing

This was part of Imogen Heap's "The Song That Never Was" contest, where she provided the lyrics of an unfinished song and asked that people remix it into a song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back